Bullet Force

New PVP Changes Will Be The End Of Atlas

5 minutes ago, Sneakydude said:

OH i am with you, it maybe the worst update yet, and solo players will have to start talking to smaller companies to join even if they do their own things. Something has to change, this is the first set of updates we have since the first day we played. I am not saying it will be the best system at all or the worst system. The devs have to be careful what they introduce because it takes 1000s of hours to program in the new features. All we can do is work with the system in hopes we can change the things that dont work.

The way the devs have been handling ARK and now this game might be tough for us to even get anything introduced. Seems some hotheads like to decide whats best, little do they know we are at a very low game even a 20+ yr old game has more players then this by far.

Tested yes, but at what expense to us? will they actually listen to our requests? that i doubt. You, and others maybe testing this one for just learning it all, dont expect the company to listen to anything we have to say.

So far from what I’ve been seeing they are very attentive to the player base, they watch streamers as well and patch often. That’s a good development team. I wouldn’t worry to much I’ve seen pleanty of games go under because of bad developers, from what I’ve seen since I started this game they are on top of things.

Edited by Cujo911
Spellchecker

6 minutes ago, Cujo911 said:

So far from what I’ve been seeing they are very attentive to the player base, they watch streamers as well and patch often. That’s a good development team. I wouldn’t worry to much I’ve seen pleanty of games go under because of bad developers, from what I’ve seen since I started this game they are on top of things.

That's the point many of us have since day 1, they watch the streamers but listen not to us when we speak the truth. We have been spewing problems since the start, and it usually takes some streamer to use the exploit/bug/cheat before we can get actions taken. I see lack of prep, and direction.

2 minutes ago, Sneakydude said:

That's the point many of us have since day 1, they watch the streamers but listen not to us when we speak the truth. We have been spewing problems since the start, and it usually takes some streamer to use the exploit/bug/cheat before we can get actions taken. I see lack of prep, and direction.

If they listened to their player base there wouldn't be this silly FOY system for example. There would also likely be more then 3 ships and 2 cannons and 3 guns. I know that is probably asking for a lot.

They cannot do everything at once.  I doubt this dev team is all that big.  Its not AAA title big that's for sure.  The game was released as an alpha.  It has the basics so it can be played.  That's it. 

They have to fix EVERYTHING as time goes on plus add content.  Again they cannot do all this at once.  They are still adding the foundation for all the content they envision.  We see that with the v22 update.  Once the foundation is laid for those they will probably shift gears and start expanding on that foundation of content.  I am hoping they stick with the tames and mobs we have......I think we have plenty.  We need more piratey crap like ships, weapons, etc. Add some fun ones later?  Eh sure I guess.  I could do without them. 

Edited by DocHolliday

Just so you know lawless is still lawless. Still going to get raided just as much as before. 

It was always my go to place to raid when you want some quick fun. Everyone knows this.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Bullet Force said:

Yep no matter how PVE folks try and spin it these changes are solely designed to hinder and interfere with legitimate PVP

You mean by actually forcing you to fight people instead of NPCs while the players aren't logged in?  huh... imagine that.

1 hour ago, Bandit_Black said:

Just so you know lawless is still lawless. Still going to get raided just as much as before. 

It was always my go to place to raid when you want some quick fun. Everyone knows this.

Correction, PVPers know this.  Offline Raidheroes think fighting NPCs placed by players is PvP.

On 3/16/2019 at 3:53 PM, Bandit_Black said:

I'd argue that you are wrong, this is the argument pve players make. There are pro's and con's to offline raidng. Yes sometimes people offline raid to exterminate an enemy quietly and quickly. Our alliance always setup primetime raids though. Not everyone is so honorable. Big alliance vs big clan is usually prime time events tho.

If you have a small house, small clan, you are going to get offlined tho. This game isnt meant for small clans.

Our clan combatted this by having all time zone people. So multicultural crew to avoid being offlined, whats hard about that?

In order for offline raid to be a thing, the devs would first need to provide means of effective offline defense. 45 degree turn radius puckles do not mean that.

Why not just build in lawless where your stuff can still be raided 24/7? If you do that nothing changes lol

1 hour ago, Mike L said:

Why not just build in lawless where your stuff can still be raided 24/7? If you do that nothing changes lol

but but but then they would actually have to fight against real players, not playpretend players that are paid with ingame golds!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Mike L said:

Please, devs, allow us to build in lawless post patch again. 🙂

hehehehehehhe

ATLAS: Empires

ATLAS: Empires will honor the original ATLAS system with which players are familiar whilst incorporating some small adjustments to the claiming system to address issues players were experiencing. To clarify, ATLAS: Empires’ claiming system will be very similar to the traditional claiming system, but adjusted for maximum speed (increased rates) and no “anti-size” scaling. This will be the go-to hardcore mode for those looking for sandboxy high risk and high reward on a grand scale. We will not be limiting large companies, there will be no scaling based on members and there will be no pvp windows or war system.

Mid/Small-Scale PvP Mode:
ATLAS: Colonies

ATLAS: Colonies will be more structured and will utilise the new claim system we’ve announced. It will include hard company and alliance limits, the war system, and raiding hours. This game mode will be survive-and-thrive, targeted towards smaller and medium sized groups. We will be seeking to incentivise players to fight in the open world and on the sea whilst maintaining the options to raid bases and seize territory from enemies for those dedicated to doing so.

Two separate servers, everyone is happy now. You guys complaining about griefing, offraiding, Pv0 etc.. can paly on Atlas: colonies. Hardcore players will go for Atlas:Empires. Everyone is Happy!

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Sysca said:

Two separate servers, everyone is happy now. You guys complaining about griefing, offraiding, Pv0 etc.. can paly on Atlas: colonies. Hardcore players will go for Atlas:Empires. Everyone is Happy!

That depends on the type of hardcore players. There are hardcore players that are true hardcore players, i.e. want to play and fight big companies and have big battles. Then there are the hardcore players that enjoy griefing and offline raiding smaller companies to help themselves grow even bigger, which would be tougher to do against other hardcore players. So just because they are splitting it in to 2 modes doesn't mean it will work, because whether it will work or not falls heavily on the players themselves.

1 hour ago, [GP] Guybrush Threepwood said:

That depends on the type of hardcore players. There are hardcore players that are true hardcore players, i.e. want to play and fight big companies and have big battles. Then there are the hardcore players that enjoy griefing and offline raiding smaller companies to help themselves grow even bigger, which would be tougher to do against other hardcore players. So just because they are splitting it in to 2 modes doesn't mean it will work, because whether it will work or not falls heavily on the players themselves.

There will be only big companies after some weeks playing on the Atlas:Empires (small/medium ones will be wipe by bigger quickly and then will move to the Atlas:Companies). Big companies have people playing from different time zone so they have people connected 24/7."offline raiding" doesn't exist if you are a big company. Griefing is and has been a part of the game even if they improve ship defence. If you are unable to defend to griefers then you have to improve on your defence setup. But if you really cannot afford griefing and offline raiding then swap to the incoming server "companies".

Edited by Sysca

ROFL. Empires is gonna be soo dead.

Once all the megas ally each other they are going to flood the forums complaining there is nothing to do. 😞

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Back Stabbath said:

ROFL. Empires is gonna be soo dead.

Once all the megas ally each other they are going to flood the forums complaining there is nothing to do. 😞

I think it will end up a ghost town after a few weeks. Before the wipe announcement the player base on the official PvP servers was low, and that is including all the smaller companies that were forced to join or die by the megas, plus all the other small companies and solos that had no other option but play on the main PvP server. Now they do not have to do that. I think the "mega" server will have a much smaller population than the new one. 

1 hour ago, Sysca said:

Its the other way around. Hardcore players will play Empires where they will engage in brutal ARK style wars and be able to make strategic decisions to give themselves the advantage, while quasi PVE types will enjoy the safe Colonies server while still enjoying the excitement of theoretical PVP.

• Haha 1

I GUARANTEE the megas will be playing on the other server. They wont fight each other.

They are terrified of pvp. They are only interested in mobbing and zerging down clans a fraction of their size.

Empires will fail at the start.

• Like 1

Damn, many people here can read the future, that's amazing. Just let see what will happen and adjust after. It is an early access game, it still has time to change a lot before its ultimate form. From what i see on the forum, people complaining about offline raiding/griefing were not in the same page as peope from mega tribes. Could be a good compromise to split thsi server and community. Just let's see

2 minutes ago, Sysca said:

Damn, many people here can read the future, that's amazing. Just let see what will happen and adjust after. It is an early access game, it still has time to change a lot before its ultimate form. From what i see on the forum, people complaining about offline raiding/griefing were not in the same page as peope from mega tribes. Could be a good compromise to split thsi server and community. Just let's see

Im never wrong bro. Been at this shit to long. If I am ill join Bullet's mega and teach him how to pvp.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Back Stabbath said:

I GUARANTEE the megas will be playing on the other server. They wont fight each other.

They are terrified of pvp. They are only interested in mobbing and zerging down clans a fraction of their size.

Empires will fail at the start.

Dude, what happened to you for spamming your hate to mega tribe on this forum ? how many time did your company got wiped by a meg tribe?

You may need the see a psychologist, don't you think?

• Like 1

hah..i did fine man. I just miss the population. I still have multiple bases never been touched. 

I just don't like the mentality. Pretending to want pvp. while running the population outa the game.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Back Stabbath said:

hah..i did fine man. I just miss the population. I still have multiple bases never been touched. 

I just don't like the mentality. Pretending to want pvp. while running the population outa the game.

In my vision, mega tribe mentality under the od claiming system  was more about gaining lands (like the game concept of Risk). The purpose was not to run the population out of the game as you said but more about running the population under your 30% taxe

Edited by Sysca

Well..all that happened was the population got offlined right outa the game we were left with a few soldiers that knew how to counter it.

And the giant zergs that were afraid to fight each other.

Not exactly the recipe for a successful game.

• Like 1