Draalei

Getting Rid of Ship Frames

So, after much pain, heartache, and connection timeouts, I was able to get to our base.  Only to find that two of our ships had sunk for no explicable reason.

I salvaged everything I could from the ships, and are now left with the frames sitting there taking up space.

Is there anyway to get rid of the frames? I don't care if I get materials back or not.

58 minutes ago, Skyroguen said:

they will despawn after about 24 hours.

Thank you.

Sad as this sounds after losing a few ships(nothing in the logs) it was discovered that birds were landing on the ship getting stuck that was at capacity for crew and sinking them. Maybe if you were at capacity with crew try to keep a few spots open and since Ive done that haven't had one sink for "no reason"

16 hours ago, Dangergirl Forever said:

Sad as this sounds after losing a few ships(nothing in the logs) it was discovered that birds were landing on the ship getting stuck that was at capacity for crew and sinking them. Maybe if you were at capacity with crew try to keep a few spots open and since Ive done that haven't had one sink for "no reason"

I figured out what happened, because it almost happened again to another ship.

For some reason all of the crews from the two adjacent ships got put on our brig.  It's just lucky for me that I forgotten something and had to log back in.  Took me all day to get all the crew members back where they belong, and there is still one ship that has a phantom crew member.

Ship Frames / Wrecks

Once everything is salvaged the remainder of the wreck will vanish quickly.

Crewmembers and Tames moving around / onto ships.. (seemingly) at random

Put the crews on chairs while at harbor or leave them on a cannon (chairs are cheaper with wages; sails are also cheap).

Make sure they are passive.

If the crews are not seated, and on neutral, and at least 1 tame/crew  IN THE ALLIANCE on aggressive anywhere nearby, then the crews will all rush to help each other.

They also do respond to group whistles while sweeping the broom.

Educate the people in your company / alliance.

2 hours ago, Alma Todd said:

Put the crews on chairs while at harbor or leave them on a cannon (chairs are cheaper with wages; sails are also cheap).

This is a good tip.  Most of the ships though, there isn't room for chairs.

Make sure they are passive.

They are, always.

Educate the people in your company / alliance.

Most of the time, I'm the only one playing.  In my company, in my alliance, on the island, in the entire grid.

To go into more detail about what happened:  I parked our brig in our harbor.  There was a server time-out error "Host Connection Timeout".  Instead of calling it quits for the night like I planned, I decided to log back in.

All of the crew (and tames) from the two adjacent ships were on the brig.  It also wasn't parked.