Sign in to follow this  
KhToxic

Country Restriction

I send Atlas to my friend in Paraguay as a christmas gift, as I said she lives in Paraguay, but she isn't able to download the game because it says "Restricted in your country" which is weird because I bought her ark and she was able to play it too, how can she solve this?

If it’s region locked she will probably have to use a VPN which isn’t optimal , but a workaround perhaps.

Servers are based in Seattle I believe.

Edited by LFMPlayers
  • Like 1

Just now, LFMPlayers said:

If it’s region locked she will probably have to use a VPN which isn’t optimal , but a workaround perhaps.

I believe they said that the game was not region locked, so it wouldn't make sense for her to be locked out.

1 minute ago, KhToxic said:

I send Atlas to my friend in Paraguay as a christmas gift, as I said she lives in Paraguay, but she isn't able to download the game because it says "Restricted in your country" which is weird because I bought her ark and she was able to play it too, how can she solve this?

That's a steam limitation. When games have region pricing, you can only activate keys for your own region.

She have the same paymeng region as I do, we live in US, but she is on Paraguay visiting her parents, the download country is Paraguay but her payment currency stills USD

4 minutes ago, KhToxic said:

She have the same paymeng region as I do, we live in US, but she is on Paraguay visiting her parents, the download country is Paraguay but her payment currency stills USD

I think steam uses the IP as filter for region, not where the account is originally from.

Edit: I'm almost sure that's the case, because I know a bunch of people who were using VPNs to buy stuff from the russian store because it was cheaper there. Also I think they did something to stop the VPN use. What you could do is log in to her account and claim the gift yourself. After it's claimed it should work fine.

Edited by Chrius

Send a support ticket to steam, the game is not Region locked itself. This could be to do with steam having a melt down and applying region restriction that it does enforce on gifting at times.