Sign in to follow this  
Jean

Kraken attmept Pre-wipe NA PvE - Looking for interested parties.

The Black Hand - An NA PvE Company is seeking interested parties to attempt a pre-wipe, Kraken kill this week.  

Sunday Night we are killing the Ghost ship although we know we do not need this power stone to currently summon the Kraken v.15.1

We have been in preparation for this for 2 weeks and completed all our power stones.  This is an attempt, we have not tried this yet.  Its a hail mary pass with all our resources soaked into a big farewell to this current iteration of PvE Atlas pre-wipe.

If you and your company wish to participate, please contact me or any of our Admins and Officers in our discord.

https://discord.gg/WkEqmq7

• Thanks 1

Our company and another friend can donate a couple more boats to the cause.  For a chance to see this we can bring in a a Galleon and a couple Brigs with some decent armaments.

2 hours ago, CoopedUp said:

Our company and another friend can donate a couple more boats to the cause.  For a chance to see this we can bring in a a Galleon and a couple Brigs with some decent armaments.

That sounds great.  This is a hail mary pass at the Kraken, but it seems we are getting some good responses and have a good group growing. Please hit us up in our discord when you have a chance.

There is lots of people coming, though more would help!  If you can bring a ship to H7 at 5pm PST we are gathering there for pre-fight preparation and briefing. HIt me up for more info.

5 hours ago, war machine said:

is the ghost ship that hard?

Ghost ship is easy, what is hard is finding her.  (Even that was made easier as of v.18 when she spawns every night now)

To Everyone:

We have an armada of ships gathering in H7 today 5pm PST to engage the Kraken.  If you are interested bring a ship!

Edited by Jean
added content

Thanks to everyone that came out.  We have just shy of 40 players in our discord, Idon't know the count on ships.  We downed the Kraken twice in the few hours of play.  Great job everyone.  The Black Hand will be organizing events in the future.

***Shout out to Lotus and his crew. Thanks for the briefing on mechanics and all your hard work in the community.***

• Like 1

Thank you very much for putting this together, Jean. Kat and I had a great time, despite her dying to a tentacle slap right after it started.

Being able to do the fight, and win, before the wipe was great 😊

• Thanks 1

Yes, thank you Jean and everyone else that put this together for the public.

We had an absolute blast, and can't wait to crack that fish after the wipe and some more server improvements.  I imagine the fight would be even better if I can manage it on a higher graphic setting then "Low".

• Like 1

Thanks to all the hosts from the Red Maces. We would never have been able to pull off that level of coordination on our own, but it felt like we dropped our fair share of iron on tentacles and SoDs.

It does sound like there was a fair amount of distaste for Galleons in the fight due to lack of maneuverability, and there were a huge number of Brigs. I am curious, what balance of Cannon/Heavy Cannon/Ballista is considered optimum for a Brig if we bring one next time?

• Like 1

With the PTR delay, "Next Time" should be every Sunday now because why not.

Anyways I felt a good design for the fight would have been the basic 12 mid-deck guns to help poke and thin out the SoDs, and 6 Ballista on the nose to snipe tentacles.  Or maybe 3 Ballista and 3 Large cannons to do long shots at the Kracken/Healbot after the tentacles are down?  Depends on weight because you want to keep it lower for speed.

The design would probably be great for the Kracken fight, but useless for any other SOD fights in Open water.

That gives me some ideas thanks. Considering that it was our first attempt, is it more common to do clockwise or counterclockwise? I want to bias NPC staffing and weapons on the side that will see more action.