I am wondering if anyone was able to add more skill points for players?
Like at level 9 you start gainning only 1 skill point, i know it was possible to do it in Ark custom levels/engram points.

Thanks and merry xmas everyone.

Let's try this In Game.ini, one line per level (same as Ark).

[/script/shootergame.shootergamemode]
OverridePlayerLevelEngramPoints=5

2 minutes ago, Kaldren021 said:

What's the file path to the game.ini?

9 minutes ago, Kaldren021 said:

Won't you also need the values for XP? Example:

LevelExperienceRampOverrides=(ExperiencePointsForLevel[0]=5,....and so on?

On 12/25/2018 at 1:32 PM, RENOxDECEPTION said:

This is how I did it on my Nitrado server:

https://wiki.nitrado.net/en/Per-Level_Stat_Multipliers_for_Atlas

I am looking for skill points not the stats points. But thanks anyway!

1 hour ago, Patcher said:

Won't you also need the values for XP? Example:

LevelExperienceRampOverrides=(ExperiencePointsForLevel[0]=5,....and so on?

It is 2 different parts, you can get more skill points per level  but the part you are refering is to get more levels or change the exp needed to level.

2 hours ago, Starbuck said:

I am looking for skill points not the stats points. But thanks anyway!

It is 2 different parts, you can get more skill points per level  but the part you are refering is to get more levels or change the exp needed to level.

See my previous post for the skill points gain.

On my server i changed it to 3 pts per level.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Kaldren021 said:

See my previous post for the skill points gain.

On my server i changed it to 3 pts per level.

Ok thanks, you add it to each servers or directly in the .json file ?

1 minute ago, Kaldren021 said:

In the Game.ini file of each server.

"OverrideShooterGameModeDefaultGameIni": {},
On line 18 of the ServerGrid.json 
You think i can add it there and it will add to all server at once ?

Just now, Kaldren021 said:

Worth the try.

Keep in mind that you have to add one line per level, else you'll gain 1 pt by default.

Check this post if needed: https://steamcommunity.com/app/346110/discussions/0/133256240739519957/

If i add like 30 lines it will stop overriding at level 30 and gain regular points or will it stop to get back to what it should be?
And if i'm right there is 70 levels ?

1 minute ago, Starbuck said:

If i add like 30 lines it will stop overriding at level 30 and gain regular points or will it stop to get back to what it should be?
And if i'm right there is 70 levels ?

When i did my test i gained 1 point when it stopped overriding and i was level 7, so i should have got 2 pts.

No idea on max level.

• Thanks 1

They need a more centralized place for stuff like this. I am about to spin up 225 grids (Still setting p my infrastructure to make it easier on life and play with being able to spin grids up on demand), and having to change this on every one if I wanted to is not the greatest option. I can set it up in Notepad++ and then copy/paste, sure, but that's still 255 times I have to take care of the same thing. It is like... the worst violation of DRY for coding.

Edit: I'm not saying they should necessarily change the way it's done now, as people are used to it from ARK, but we need an alternative for large grids that allows the servers involved to pull from one central place.

Edited by Morgrhim
  • Haha 1

On 12/27/2018 at 6:11 PM, Morgrhim said:

They need a more centralized place for stuff like this. I am about to spin up 225 grids (Still setting p my infrastructure to make it easier on life and play with being able to spin grids up on demand), and having to change this on every one if I wanted to is not the greatest option. I can set it up in Notepad++ and then copy/paste, sure, but that's still 255 times I have to take care of the same thing. It is like... the worst violation of DRY for coding.

Edit: I'm not saying they should necessarily change the way it's done now, as people are used to it from ARK, but we need an alternative for large grids that allows the servers involved to pull from one central place.

You could change your .ini files before you start uploading the server, so it is just copying the files over, instead of going into them.

5 hours ago, Wilddogsgamer said:

You could change your .ini files before you start uploading the server, so it is just copying the files over, instead of going into them.

This does not help when changes are needed after all the grids are up and running. I have a solution now. I wrote a tool to push updated inis to all my servers at once.

Just now, Morgrhim said:

This does not help when changes are needed after all the grids are up and running. I have a solution now. I wrote a tool to push updated inis to all my servers at once.

Cool, glad you made a tool to make it easier. Whenever I want to make a change to my 6, I download the correct .ini, make the changes, then just reupload the edited .ini to all 6 servers, normally using a ftp program to make it a lot easier/faster. I can see having a lot more servers how much of a pain this could be.