Sign in to follow this  
Talono

Keep the current system without wipe or bring slavery online ?

Keep current system or wipe ?  

51 members have voted

1. 1. Keep the current system or wipe with slavery 2.0 ?

• Keep the current system, dont wipe !
    • Wipe the servers and give us the slavery 2.0 claim system !

The two do not go hand-in-hand.

The wipe is necessary due to massive changes to the map layout. This cannot be done without a wipe without causing huge headaches for everyone involved.

The new claim system by itself does require a wipe as well, but even if they kept the current system because of the changes to the map the wipe would still be required.

I, for one, am looking forward to the new system. It will be nice to visit lawless areas free of structures and pillars to go farm resources and animals, and it will be nice to find an island with a group of people that like playing the game the same way I do. The changes also bring us one big step closer to fulfilling the promises the developers made for the game, so I'm pleased they're making progress on that. There's still much work to do, but there's also still a lot of time left in EA.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

You live in some kind of bubble where you thought in December ‘Hmm, I’m a solo player that’s gonna join 1 map with possible thousands of other people, there won’t be any large companies and I’m happy and free to play on my own’ didn’t you? I don’t mind it, it’s just that the upcoming system is less slavery than it is now so why all the tirades is beyond me. 

It is clear that the current system won’t work. I’m really into the new system as a starting point and I’m looking forward to balance it out in the future. 

Edited by Percieval
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2

12 minutes ago, Percieval said:

You live in some kind of bubble where you thought in December ‘Hmm, I’m a solo player that’s gonna join 1 map with possible thousands of other people, there won’t be any large companies and I’m happy and free to play on my own’ didn’t you? I don’t mind it, it’s just that the upcoming system is less slavery than it is now so why all the tirades is beyond me. 

It is clear that the current system won’t work. I’m really into the new system as a starting point and I’m looking forward to balance it out in the future. 

I prefer to look at him as someone that read

Claim What's Yours 

Form a company, claim territory and apply taxation and behavior rules to that which you own: be a benevolent governor, a feudal lord, or a ruthless dictator. Territory ownership is visualized on your dynamic zoomable World Map, with Fog of War obscuring uncharted regions and Shroud of War hiding enemy territories out of sight range. Contest other government's ownership of land, structures, or ships to expand your empire! 

in the product description for the game and it never occurred to him that if he wasn't one of the governors, lords or dictators that he might be one of the people living under them. Then when they announced that they're going to be doing exactly what they said they were going to do with the game he got worried and thought to himself "Hey maybe if I throw around the word 'slavery' enough I'll be able to get enough of a reaction out of people that the developers will abandon their entire vision for the game and make it more like ARK instead."

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

How buys a game (EA game) based on game description?

I watched streams befor buying. When i go to the product description i will find several points that are not in yet or in anymore.

For PVE for example:

There is a separate PvE ATLAS for players who don't wish to play any PVP. -- from prolog game distriction.

I could argue that dealing with a landlord is Versus PLAYER.

Game discription is marketing anyway!

Edited by Kummba
released to early

6 minutes ago, Kummba said:

How buys a game (EA game) based on game description?

I watched streams befor buying. When i go to the product description i will find several points that are not in yet or in anymore.

People who want an idea of where the game is headed throughout its development process and what it will be like upon release. Streams are useful for seeing how the game is in its current state, but are useless beyond the date they're posted.

The only things that I see in the product description that aren't currently in the game yet are the features I already pasted above (coming in the upcoming patch), the depth of the character creation screen (also being slightly improved in the upcoming patch) and permanent ship log books (which I look forward to one day). Everything else is there.

Edited by Kidori

6 minutes ago, Kidori said:

People who want an idea of where the game is headed throughout its development process. 

IDEA there you have it! So be carefull with using them as base of your argumentations.

The poll is idiotic because it is way too late for anyone to even consider not wiping and carrying on with the current official servers. Majority of players stopped playing, settings were boosted to 6x, players that have been playing have been messing around on the servers and stuff, only a fool would suggest cancelling the wipe and carrying on with the current live servers in their current state.

3 hours ago, [GP] Guybrush Threepwood said:

The poll is idiotic because it is way too late for anyone to even consider not wiping and carrying on with the current official servers. Majority of players stopped playing, settings were boosted to 6x, players that have been playing have been messing around on the servers and stuff, only a fool would suggest cancelling the wipe and carrying on with the current live servers in their current state.

yeah not wiping now would be way worse...most grids are a wasteland and the few playing destroy whatever there is now that you can build whatever you need for it in a few 🙂 at most they could reconsider the char wipe tho i highly doubt this too. 

Personally don't mind the rule set change and wipe. It might bring some freshness in the stale system. What I mind though, is developers hinting to negate one way of living. Living on lawless lands. The name alone suggests it is the place for those who do not care about landlord-tenant system and safe haven for those types. If they add damage decay without means to automatically repair, it can be interpreted that we will be forced into collision with many crewed tribes and lose.

7 hours ago, Talono said:

Your choice ?

The severe limitations on your ability to comprehend things and events happening around you hurt me. You only ever worry about how things stand pertaining to you from your perspective and completely disregaurd all other facts and information.

It would be funny if it weren't so sad that you dont even understand some of the basic reasons of why there has to be a wipe. 

I'm torn between the two, owning an island does sound appealing but 1-2 flags per player (PVE servers) would work out better for the majority IMO. Gonna join the PTS and see what happens I guess. 

Bad vote there needs to be a third option called fixed the old systems issues (limits, overlaps) with claim flags, which still requires a wipe.

There is no need to wipe for the map.  The extra copypaste islands are solely to support island claiming, extra islands can be added without wiping.  The eastern tundra are solely because they released too early - it is a visual upgrade that requires a map wipe yes - but it is a case of you would never know what was cut for time and never miss it.

Edited by krazmuze

8 hours ago, Kidori said:

I, for one, am looking forward to the new system. It will be nice to visit lawless areas free of structures and pillars to go farm resources and animals, and it will be nice to find an island with a group of people that like playing the game the same way I do. The changes also bring us one big step closer to fulfilling the promises the developers made for the game, so I'm pleased they're making progress on that. There's still much work to do, but there's also still a lot of time left in EA.

Given that the only way on lawless to reserve a spot is to put down structures, pillars, foundations, etc., and that some of these things are trivial to maintain or replace, why do you think lawless areas will be free of structures and pillars?    This is the pve version of pvp.  Fight your neighbors (or your landlord) for the space you need with pillars.  Fight your tenants by destroying their stuff.  Fight your lawless neighbors by enclosing their resources in a hut.

If I can't get an island in the land rush, I'm thinking of going back to lawless.  When I do, the first thing I'll do is mark out the area I want.  I've maintained that before and see no reason why I can't do it again.

It's pretty arrogant for people with real claims to go around complaining about what's happening in the lawless slums.  People live there too, you know.  That's someone's base.  (Unlike the greedy landowners who want storage and a bed on lawless as well and just go around trashing the place putting down whatever ratty little shacks they want, and then go home to their pretty bases with all the HOA rules)    

"You all who couldn't find an island, be sure to keep your place pretty so it's nice when we come to take your resources free of tax."

Feh.

11 minutes ago, Winter Thorne said:

Given that the only way on lawless to reserve a spot is to put down structures, pillars, foundations, etc., and that some of these things are trivial to maintain or replace, why do you think lawless areas will be free of structures and pillars?    This is the pve version of pvp.  Fight your neighbors (or your landlord) for the space you need with pillars.  Fight your tenants by destroying their stuff.  Fight your lawless neighbors by enclosing their resources in a hut.

If I can't get an island in the land rush, I'm thinking of going back to lawless.  When I do, the first thing I'll do is mark out the area I want.  I've maintained that before and see no reason why I can't do it again.

It's pretty arrogant for people with real claims to go around complaining about what's happening in the lawless slums.  People live there too, you know.  That's someone's base.  (Unlike the greedy landowners who want storage and a bed on lawless as well and just go around trashing the place putting down whatever ratty little shacks they want, and then go home to their pretty bases with all the HOA rules)    

"You all who couldn't find an island, be sure to keep your place pretty so it's nice when we come to take your resources free of tax."

Feh.

Have you followed the discussions on the lawless changes? From the captains logs it looks like you will not be able to settle in lawless like you used to be able to. Noone of course knows for sure, but based off the captain logs they have changed the decay in lawless. Now if you want to keep things there it seems like you must individually repair structures. Good luck repairing even a small base.

Just now, SIEGEGUN said:

Have you followed the discussions on the lawless changes? From the captains logs it looks like you will not be able to settle in lawless like you used to be able to. Noone of course knows for sure, but based off the captain logs they have changed the decay in lawless. Now if you want to keep things there it seems like you must individually repair structures. Good luck repairing even a small base.

Always had to do that anyway, because the mobs eat them, the decay was more rapid, and you had a short-day timer for all your stuff to expire.  

If they jack it up so high it's impossible to live there, then I guess it'll just have to be "revenge of the boat people".   Hope you have plenty of space in your harbors.

This is what happens when you don't just let everyone have a claim somewhere.

Just now, Winter Thorne said:

Always had to do that anyway, because the mobs eat them, the decay was more rapid, and you had a short-day timer for all your stuff to expire.  

If they jack it up so high it's impossible to live there, then I guess it'll just have to be "revenge of the boat people".   Hope you have plenty of space in your harbors.

This is what happens when you don't just let everyone have a claim somewhere.

It was not always like that. I lived in lawless until the wipe announcement. If you logged in within 4 days nothing decayed. Mobs did not eat that much (not where we were anyway). No idea where your getting some short day timer. The decay timer was for 4 days and reset every time you logged in.  Now it seems as if it will always decay even if you log in but you can manually repair your base.  Like your ship in a freeport. Unless your base is super small that will be a pain to say the least.

30 minutes ago, SIEGEGUN said:

It was not always like that. I lived in lawless until the wipe announcement. If you logged in within 4 days nothing decayed. Mobs did not eat that much (not where we were anyway). No idea where your getting some short day timer. The decay timer was for 4 days and reset every time you logged in.  Now it seems as if it will always decay even if you log in but you can manually repair your base.  Like your ship in a freeport. Unless your base is super small that will be a pain to say the least.

4 days is a short time, to me.

Yeah, I know.  I lived in Lawless a long time too.  If Lawless is the place they want the new people to go while they're searching the globe for land(lords),  and they make it too hard to keep things up, that won't be good.  At some point it could take people weeks to find a decent place if they stick with the game that long.

It's going to be a toss up between getting in game, farming mats for your own upkeep and the landlords or getting in game and repairing your stuff.  Both chores you need to do before you can do the thing you want to do, but necessary to prevent....well, crap, I forgot what that was supposed to be preventing.  But you get the idea.

• Like 1

OK I see what you meant by short day timer now. Sorry I didn't get that.

My company and I do not see lawless as any type of viable destination anymore. I do not think the devs "want" or plan on the player base using lawless as a stepping stone anymore. I think that was the original design and intention. Sure you can do it like that but now you will be able to build anywhere and spawn anywhere in the grid. So other than freeport for mats, maybe a ramshackle, or the protection from others, there is little the freeport has over spawning in the grid.  We will probably not even start on the freeport this time around. I suppose a small company and or a solo player might take weeks, though I do not see how. If I was by myself it would not take me weeks to find somewhere. I also wouldn't be looking for a full island either. We do not have any details so don't know for sure, but I'd bet a solo either can not or would have a hard time claiming even a small island solo. I wouldn't even try personally, I'd just find a nice island with a good community. But I'm with over a dozen people, we will find a small place somewhere. And it will not take us weeks.

LOL, yes I get the idea...

This wipe is more than just adding new things.  Its removing all the bugged, exploited and corrupted things from the game including characters.  The world map is a mess of bugged crap causing all kinds of issues. 

Many companies duped gear, exploited gear, buildings, ships, cheated on levels and many other things.  Some of these were done and reported to fix.  Some were not.  Time for a clean start to clear the crap out and start with fresh servers and characters. 

Edited by DocHolliday

I'm excited for the wipe and new claim system. I'm not even gonna try to be a landlord lol. After everything i experienced owning my own island since day one, i dont think i wanna put myself through that pain again. I want to be able to sleep and not feel bad lmaooo. Instead, i'm gonna start a fighters guild where any company can participate. I'm gonna build a gladiator arena on every majorly populated island that will let me build there. I'm gonna host a discord where anyone can set up fights and live betting. Check this out.

This is my fight club meta. 

Ec0BT12.jpg

Betting station

YU6n3qc.jpg

what it looks like from the skyYu2CduX.jpg

• Thanks 1

It needs wiping, badly, but the new claim system is no improvement, to say the least, so it will need wiping again in a couple of months.