J.Nick

How will taking an island over work?

So hopefully someone can answer this, I am trying to understand the new pvp changes that will happen after wipe. I understand all of the changes except how taking an island over by force will work. For example,  if I am defending an island for another company to take it from me do they need to destroy all my beds or something like how will an entire island claim flag work? Hopefully the devs said how this works at some point and I just missed it. It would be nice if I did not get any opinions on how much these changes suck or rock because honestly this will make it or break it for me. 

They have not clarified the system yet.  No one knows yet, we would all like to know.  That way we could all plan. I do not think they will make it viable for a solo to take a whole island, but who knows? Since we do not know how it is done, what it requires, or what it will actually cost no one actually knows anything yet.

• Like 1

read the patchnotes.. there are some informations.. but the system might not work duo the serverhomeregion randomrespawns

I expect that they will do a livestream right before the release...maybe a day or two in advance, to more fully explain, and even illustrate who not only island captures will be done, but how PvP, and the War system will work.

I expect this to work like the old claim system. You place a flag anywhere inside the current claim so anywhere on the island and it starts contesting the island. You would have to build a tax bank to pay upkeep for your own flag. You need an attack base to defend your flag. And of course you should use a war token. Otherwise they could just demolish your stuff. Because as we know, a war token disables the build rules for an island.
And then you have to attack them.
I could imagine that the first flag does stay up as long as there is upkeep in the bank. So you just have to destroy their bank and wait 2 hours. Would be stupid to look for single people hiding somewhere on the island defending their claim by breathing.

Source: My crazy mind

On 3/15/2019 at 11:28 AM, J.Nick said:

So hopefully someone can answer this, I am trying to understand the new pvp changes that will happen after wipe. I understand all of the changes except how taking an island over by force will work. For example,  if I am defending an island for another company to take it from me do they need to destroy all my beds or something like how will an entire island claim flag work? Hopefully the devs said how this works at some point and I just missed it. It would be nice if I did not get any opinions on how much these changes suck or rock because honestly this will make it or break it for me. 

Taking over an island will now be a theoretical thing you can do in the game rather then a realistic one with the new patch. With the upcoming changes PVP isn't meant to happen all that often. Think of it like an event, once a month someone fights someone else and the devs will write a big community article about the wonderful battle. Once its over everyone will get back to the main theme of the game which is now farming and base building.

5 hours ago, Bullet Force said:

Taking over an island will now be a theoretical thing you can do in the game rather then a realistic one with the new patch. With the upcoming changes PVP isn't meant to happen all that often. Think of it like an event, once a month someone fights someone else and the devs will write a big community article about the wonderful battle. Once its over everyone will get back to the main theme of the game which is now farming and base building.

LOL quit your sad face crying man, with the new patch pvp can happen everywhere everyday! 

A theoretical thing? Just wait until you see the zerg of 75 players from a mega hitting your claim, they wont seem so theoretical then. 🙂

• Like 1

I just hope that people whining about offline raiding  now, will not whine about zerg with the new system if they got wiped by a stronger(more people/better stuff) tribe/alliance. As you play on PVP server, you have to accept to loose everything everyday (during these 9 hours on raiding).

Also, i hope it will be easier to claim an island as an attacker compared to how it was with the old claim system. Some raids were taking so long (several days sometimes) against medium/big tribes just because it was so easy to defend a claim (stand in the zone and hiding...). It will not be possible with only 9 hours raid on.

Edited by Sysca

7 hours ago, Mike L said:

LOL quit your sad face crying man, with the new patch pvp can happen everywhere everyday! 

A theoretical thing? Just wait until you see the zerg of 75 players from a mega hitting your claim, they wont seem so theoretical then. 🙂

You'd have to at least 75 players playing the game for that and they'd have to be all in the same company. Given the rapidly falling player counts, I'd say that is pretty unlikely.