Sign in to follow this  
Bolognapwny

Launch it live or PTR?

Launch it Live or PTR  

36 members have voted

1. 1. Should they Launch the patch live or move forward with PTR

• Launch Live
    • PTR

Ive started to think... they should just launch the patch on live servers and work the kinks out instead of doing this PTR business.... the PTR is not going to encourage hardcore testing of the mechanics and most of the bugs with the war system.

It would have to be a really extended PTR testing... and I think most of us are ready to get back to the game after a two week break.... my opinion just launch it already.

Could they technically start the PTR and official servers together? I'm sure that many players will come back once the PTR launches to see the changes, but it won't be for long. Who wants to play for an extended period of time when their progress is just going to be lost again once the official servers launch? I don't know...i just want to get back into Atlas soon before i find another game.

2 hours ago, SouthSideChicago said:

Could they technically start the PTR and official servers together? I'm sure that many players will come back once the PTR launches to see the changes, but it won't be for long. Who wants to play for an extended period of time when their progress is just going to be lost again once the official servers launch? I don't know...i just want to get back into Atlas soon before i find another game.

Well there will be more wipes anyways so really if you have that outlook anything you do for the next year would be pointless. To think this will be the only wipe is just silly.

i am actually surprised people want the ptr to begin with. Nobody wants to lose their stuff but they are fine with playing on a server that will be wiped and deleted.

• Confused 1

could release stuff in increments too. i'm just dying to get this game back to normal at least. need our active community back.

Edited by Enki Anunnaki

11 minutes ago, Enki Anunnaki said:

could release stuff in increments too. i'm just dying to get this game back to normal at least. need our active community back.

Starting to think that probably will not happen really. The new change to claims seems even worse so people will still be just as mad as before. If not more mad.

they should have just added way too much content like they did with ark

I don't know what multipliers they plan for the PTR but hopefully its insanely high this will promote just getting to the game play where the bugs can be found. We don't need normal speeds on anything otherwise the PTR will take far to long to find issues and I agree no one will want to invest time to lose it all if the speed isn't crazy high. 10x 15x hell 20 x isn't out of the question for taming, xp, gathering. Could also massively bump up the weight so people can move mats to get to building quickly and actually test the game play. They also need to massively bump the timer on resources. 

1 hour ago, Thor Ragnarock said:

I don't know what multipliers they plan for the PTR but hopefully its insanely high this will promote just getting to the game play where the bugs can be found. We don't need normal speeds on anything otherwise the PTR will take far to long to find issues and I agree no one will want to invest time to lose it all if the speed isn't crazy high. 10x 15x hell 20 x isn't out of the question for taming, xp, gathering. Could also massively bump up the weight so people can move mats to get to building quickly and actually test the game play. They also need to massively bump the timer on resources.  

This will on the other hand go straight agains balancing the upkeep etc. It will promote playstyles that are invalid with normal rates, so maybe not the best to do.

The balancing on upkeep is probably going to take a lot longer than the PTR to get dialed in and shouldn't be the focus of the PTR. Finding big potential bugs and issues with the changes should be the job of the PTR. That isn't to say they can't extrapolate some information in regards to upkeep by using the multiplier in reverse against the data. 

In the atlas is now a terrible lag.

Probably they have already launched PTR on the same servers.:classic_biggrin:

On 3/15/2019 at 4:07 AM, Konvar said:

In the atlas is now a terrible lag.

Probably they have already launched PTR on the same servers.:classic_biggrin:

God I hope not.... This is why I wanted them to just implement the change.