Sign in to follow this  
BlackFlint

Why is it sooo laggy?

I had neighbours with so many ships and shipyards and buildings my pc used to freeze when I sailed back to base, and only move again once i'd crashed onto the shore. I just had to try and guess which direction my base was and aim for it, cos I never saw the journey there by boat.

Why is it sooo laggy?

It's simple...they need OCS, Object Container Streaming, which is being developed for Star Citizen.  Ah, but that will never happen.   This means that the only way to fix this issue is to limit what people can have.  A limit on:

• Tames
  • Structures
  • Ships
  • NPCs

They do have limits, but the limits are about ten times too high.  But then, they would need to make huge changes to the game.  Like take the emphasis off of protecting bases.  Put the emphasis on getting out to sea, and visiting other islands.  Ah, but so many people complain about actually having to sail, in a sailing game, so .... smh

People like to build though I wouldn't say it's their fault, if it's in the game then why not?

It's on the devs to sort it out and have a work around, it's their game and they should have thought about this problem.

I'm no expert at making games or sure what they can do but as others say they should limit what you can build for now but don't think it should stay that way, people like the building aspect of it.

With them changing the direction of the game making you spend more time at sea than on land then we might not see many huge buildings anymore. Time will tell on that one.   

One shipyard that can make all ships would help, I hate having to have a small and large shipyard at the same time. Not only are they a pain to place sometimes but they block a lot of space. In the long run a way to store/save ships we don't use all the time would be a good feature too.

23 hours ago, Whitehawk said:

One shipyard that can make all ships would help, I hate having to have a small and large shipyard at the same time. Not only are they a pain to place sometimes but they block a lot of space. In the long run a way to store/save ships we don't use all the time would be a good feature too.

I was against the idea of storing ships at first, but its become painfully obvious that this is something that needs a serious look.  Not only does it assist with "offline" raiding but also can assist with server performance issues as these ships and corresponding mounted AI will be saved and not be active.  Average mid to large company will have well over 10 ships at any given time stored which should free up server resources.

• Like 1

On 12/1/2019 at 4:29 AM, DannyUK said:

People like to build though I wouldn't say it's their fault, if it's in the game then why not?

It's on the devs to sort it out and have a work around, it's their game and they should have thought about this problem.

I'm no expert at making games or sure what they can do but as others say they should limit what you can build for now but don't think it should stay that way, people like the building aspect of it.

With them changing the direction of the game making you spend more time at sea than on land then we might not see many huge buildings anymore. Time will tell on that one.   

Even with activities at sea, people will still lag the server with structures.  It's the fact that you have to defend your island that causes this.  Go to any island, and you will see an amazing amount of pillars everywhere.

First, you run around the island, placing 3 pillars in a row.  You do this so the enemy can't place a bed down.
Next, you spam a wall of pillars around the shore, so they can't easily walk tames up onto your island.
Next, you make pillar towers with Puckles, swivels and Ballistas on them, to kills anyone who does make it onto your island.
Then you have large bases to store all your stuff, and store animals in.  You don't want them outside to be easily killed be invaders.
Since boxes have limited storage, you need a whole lot of them.  This is one thing that Conan does right with the large vault.  It holds a whole lot of stuff.  ARK had a vault that isn't nearly as large, but does hold a lot of stuff.  The resource box helps, but a vault for storing a lot of armor, weapons and ammo, would help a ton.

But honestly, just making it so we don't have to defend islands would free up resources, and get more people out to sea.

Y is this the only game I have trouble with I play many game  never lad out it says at start  there may be bugs which cause you to lag ,there job is to get rid of them the best way possible that's what they get paid to do