Sign in to follow this  
BlackFlint

Why is it sooo laggy?

Last Anarchy patches brought so many lags. Character can't even move normally. Game freezes every 5 seconds for 0.5-3 seconds. Every structure renders only when it's in front of your nose. If you sail to an island you have to wait for 20 seconds before at least something starts loading on shoreline. This is so terrible. Even in heavy raids with full server of players the performance was better than nowadays. And I'm the only person on server! Tried it on different grids. If grid has many structures it is absolutely unplayable.

I used to play at medium settings, except mass pvp times. Now I dropped all settings to Low. It doesn't help.

I tried to change your new-old bandwich settings. It doesn't help

My graphic card is ok. Other games run fine, as usual.

My internet connection is fine, about 60mbts/s and stable.

I asked my teammates. They are all having issues.

• Like 2

You said it yourself, if the grids have too many structures they’re unplayable. I guess that’s what’s it. It lags with me too, but only on certain grids, and what time I’m on. 

6 minutes ago, Percieval said:

You said it yourself, if the grids have too many structures they’re unplayable. I guess that’s what’s it. It lags with me too, but only on certain grids, and what time I’m on. 

Yeah, but we didn't build much since last patch. And performance dropped a lot. My guess is that since structures don't block resource spawn it causes a terrible lag on server.

Edited by BlackFlint

The last patch changed how structures are streamed from the server to the client. It seems as though they allowed the structure streaming to take up too much of the available bandwidth though, not leaving enough room for all the other data the server needs to transmit.

The result as I've seen it is that at my (large) base I have unplayable lag for about a full minute while all my structure parts load in, afterwards it clears up. I have not gone sailing since the patch but I can only imagine the issues that may come with it.

I did a journey yesterday, It lags / desyncs everywhere! Playercount in grid doesnt matter!

Interacting with AI is worsen, AI becomes a new threat (because desynced).

Not enjoyable at all.

Dont know, due to devs incompetence to provide us with a consistant world that is fun to everybody and patching pointless wipe and slavery systems into Atlas instead (for me its enough slavery to work in my company, i dont need additional slavery in my leisure time) there should be no lag... as no one is playing in a world that will soon be wiped and where is zero perspective for anybody.

Edited by Talono

This last patch seemed exceptionally bad.   I am getting disconnected when I log in.  even at 14KB/s i only can connect some times.  Recommended is 60/s no luck at all with that.

I am running 150MB fiber and Atlas installed on a M.2 SSD drive.    Before the 12.31 patch never had this problem.

2 hours ago, Talono said:

Dont know, due to devs incompetence to provide us with a consistant world that is fun to everybody and patching pointless wipe and slavery systems into Atlas instead (for me its enough slavery to work in my company, i dont need additional slavery in my leisure time) there should be no lag... as no one is playing in a world that will soon be wiped and where is zero perspective for anybody.

crying around like always in every thread. what about you just quit the game if you are so unhappy? noone want to read your whines

I was thinking about Atlas future and you know what? E.A. as it was done in Atlas is alpha test. And this test has failed. Absolutely, without any excuses. Isn't it a good moment to stop, give time to developers and then start all over again? I mean shut down official servers, start PTR for 3-6 months with new patch. And maybe then we'll see a brilliant game. Because running official servers for 100ppl online is really a bad idea. For now the game looks like a pirate version of official one. Sad but true. You have to admit it

21 minutes ago, BlackFlint said:

start PTR for 3-6 months with new patch. And maybe then we'll see a brilliant game.

so whats the difference to the offi servers we have right now? it's a EA as you said. God damn.. guys use your brains once

Atlas is not playable now.

2 Weeks ago, constant lags began.

Yesterday, permanent departures when loading on a new island.

My head starts to hurt from your brakes.

If it lays so after the wipe, no one will play!

On 3/14/2019 at 4:33 AM, Percieval said:

Tested on private its more the AI doing it not the structures. I went up over 20 fps and cpu stayed a constantly lower with massive building. I could spin around without any lag. As soon as you put 50+ ai on the field.... wham massive hit.

Things are getting better since last patch. At least now my character is able to move. But every step it takes, micro lags are still exist and keeps disconnecting on logon. There is no way we can pvp right now. Further work on this is really required.

By the way low bandwidth setting is causing desync and results in DC.

Edited by BlackFlint

After 20.31 release I started having lag issues. I couldn't stay connected for more than 30s at a time but once I was able to starve to death and respawn things got much better. I still disconnect when logging in for the first time but after that all I am getting is small amounts of lag.

edit: except when sprinting, then it really lags.

Edited by Azurfale

Hopefully some good data was gathered the last couple of nights.  We were involved in some good PvP on both water and land which should allow them to improve things a bit more. 

Want to help improve the game?  Reach out to the team on Twitter when large events are planned so they can observe and comb the logs.  These are the things the devs need to see to improve performance.  This world is too large for them to observe it all.  They have to focus on these events and they can only do that if they know about them.

Complaining like Talono doesn't do a damn thing besides get people to ignore him.

Edited by DocHolliday
  • Like 1

19 hours ago, Azurfale said:

After 20.31 release I started having lag issues. I couldn't stay connected for more than 30s at a time but once I was able to starve to death and respawn things got much better. I still disconnect when logging in for the first time but after that all I am getting is small amounts of lag.

edit: except when sprinting, then it really lags.

Hey, I've found a hint how to fight disconnects on logon. After you log in simply don't move for a while and check your ping. When it will get less than 255 you can play normally

You should see an improvement once we push this patch live, guys. 

Always been lagging for me ever since release but only when large structures are around. Even with a rtx 2080 I still get lag when on epic settings so I had to knock it down to medium, it's abit better but still lags at times.

It's on their end, they need to sort this out because bringing the ships in at times can be difficult, jumping all over the place. You have to fully stop to let things render in otherwise your ship could be sunk.

On 11/22/2019 at 8:20 AM, Bar Dog said:

Xbox and epic settings? Wtf

Did you check the date of this thread? 

9 hours ago, 8ball said:

Did you check the date of this thread? 

Did you check the state of the game??

On 11/24/2019 at 3:19 AM, Redrick said:

Did you check the state of the game??

Oh look, a comedian. 

On 11/24/2019 at 8:30 PM, The D Legacy said:

the situation havent changed much since then tho

It's way better than it was. 

• Sad 1

Because a large number of gamers seem to be hoarders. I had to move once already due to a solo player just building lots of ships for no reason. Cant remember how many exactly but was well over 20. Plus hundreds of tames cos zoo keeper sim. 

I'd hate to see their irl homes! Yuck!