Sign in to follow this  
Congo

More Pirate PVP WAY LESS Tame PVP

Grapeshot,

We all came here to play a pirate MMO with survival and PVP. Not an ARK mod. You guys are doing hella good with the changes lately, but more balancing needs to come. And to be honest, im all for tools that help us farm instead of animals. For example a saw with two sides (two players use saw and get bonus wood), saw mills, and some type of carrying carts for horses. Instead of smacking trees with elephants. This would give you guys a chance to go a completely different direction with Tames.

The sword fighting and pistol play/bows reminds of somewhat of Reign of Kings. I fell in love with this game for that. Currently swords and pistols are a novelty in PVP, not a staple. 

I challenge to find anyone who isnt entering a PVP ground battle at current day NOT using flame bears. Its everywhere, its broken, and its not fun.

Just my two cents, from someone with over 700 hours into the game. 🙂

Edited by Congo
  • Like 4

I agree. If you ask me tames should have been limited to farm animals with little combat application like cows and drought horses. Seeing bears pulling around giant cannons at super speeds not only looks silly but doesn't belong in a pirate game.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

flame bears? why don't you snipe the guy of? or just climb up a rock and /spit

• Confused 1

On 3/15/2019 at 7:48 AM, Bullet Force said:

I agree. If you ask me tames should have been limited to farm animals with little combat application like cows and drought horses. Seeing bears pulling around giant cannons at super speeds not only looks silly but doesn't belong in a pirate game.

TOtally agree ma man

• Like 1

Ya I think they need to slow down tames that have cargo saddles equiped, at least as slow as player run speed, that way, they would be strong offensively, but could be kited/ ran away from which opens up a lot more tactics to use against them.  

I agree something should be done about this though. 

Congo, I would give two likes, if I could.  Yes, more PvP, and less tames in PvP.  Take it in a totally different direction.

The only thing I would add is to limit the ability of high end BPs to totally dominate, over skill.  This is what I worry about.

New player with great FPS skill, shoots opposing player with vanilla pistol.  He gets 5 hits on the enemy he is dueling with.  The opposing player sucks at FPS, but has a high end BP pistol, so he misses his first 5 shots, but connects on the 6th, and the new player is dead, in one shot.  He won't stick around for that.

I've no problem with BPs, and higher end gear, but it needs to only provide a bit of a boost.  It should not replace skill as the primary means of victory.

What I fear is this...many crews, in just the 2 to 3 months of playing, had gotten into some high end BPs on carbines, Cannons, ship planks, sails, and armor.  Once this happens, how is a new company supposed to compete?  The game can and will get a reputation of not being friendly to noobs.  The only way around that would be for there to be a noob server that allows them to get into higher end gear.  Then they get some sort of ticket, that allows them to go to the official server, build a base, and place a chest down, that has all their gear and BPs in it.  The shipyards would spawn their ships.

This is the problem with games.  You want things to strive for, and those things have to have meaning, but the more meaning they have, the more it unbalances the game, and games must have balance.  People won't continue to play, just to be your punching bag.

• Thanks 1