Sign in to follow this  
Toto Rockabilly

Server wipe - At what time?

If we're lucky the test server will go live on the 20th. Not sure if the wipe will happen until they are ready to launch the update which will be after the PTS.

they should just do it now so everyone can comeback and try to salvage what they can from the trash fire

Am I reading this right?  Sounds like the new plan is they will setup a PTS server to test the patch.  Then wipe the server after the patch is deemed ready?

2 minutes ago, LifelessGamer said:

Am I reading this right?  Sounds like the new plan is they will setup a PTS server to test the patch.  Then wipe the server after the patch is deemed ready?

Exactly.

Before wiping everyone's work out, they want to ensure the PTR is successfully representing the new direction of things.   I assume there actually will be no wipe if there's a shit-storm.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Vorxius said:

Exactly.

Before wiping everyone's work out, they want to ensure the PTR is successfully representing the new direction of things.   I assume there actually will be no wipe if there's a shit-storm.

I totally agree with a PTS/PTR.

Wonder what their plan is to get people to play on the PTR?  Devs announced official server wipe and 2/3 stopped playing because why try for stuff that is going to go away.  Others PTRs I have played on the games gave you maxed out everything and then people went on to say how that doesn't represent live servers.

4 minutes ago, LifelessGamer said:

I totally agree with a PTS/PTR.

Wonder what their plan is to get people to play on the PTR?  Devs announced official server wipe and 2/3 stopped playing because why try for stuff that is going to go away.  Others PTRs I have played on the games gave you maxed out everything and then people went on to say how that doesn't represent live servers.

I'd like to try it actually.  BUT the cynic in me tells me to KNOW what to do on day 1 so that I can 100% optimize the absolute scrum and bee-line to making that island claim FIRST!  yeah i know it's cheesy, but PTR gives one good intel that could be enough to beat someone to it by either minutes or an hour or so.  

Also want to see what the upkeep cost is... if it's too high, i'll abandon land lord plans.  Atleast I'll know beforehand and instead gun for a good lawless plot  😉

My prediction:

PTS get Delayed to April 20th.  

PTS releases.  Similar issues as launch.

PTS gets pulled.

PTS again released May 20th.

A month later they wipe servers June 20th.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Vorxius said:

I'd like to try it actually.  BUT the cynic in me tells me to KNOW what to do on day 1 so that I can 100% optimize the absolute scrum and bee-line to making that island claim FIRST!  yeah i know it's cheesy, but PTR gives one good intel that could be enough to beat someone to it by either minutes or an hour or so.  

Also want to see what the upkeep cost is... if it's too high, i'll abandon land lord plans.  Atleast I'll know beforehand and instead gun for a good lawless plot  😉

Tons of good reasons too play PTRs I agree.  Big problem I see it they just confused a lot of people with "server wipe with patch soon .......... scratch that PTR then server wipe no eta."

I agree with the wipe with big changes to claims.  It feels like they are going about it in a way that I would not though in their path to this update.

Seems no one is considering that they might wipe live servers to use as PTR. Then when satisfied wipe PTR for live. 

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, DilBert said:

Seems no one is considering that they might wipe live servers to use as PTR. Then when satisfied wipe PTR for live. 

RUN FOR YOUR LIVES!

13 minutes ago, DilBert said:

That would be the economical way to do it; but what exactly would the purpose of the second wipe be? Just leave us playing on the PTS 🙂

Edited by Pizik

2 minutes ago, Pizik said:

That would be the economical way to do it; but what exactly would the purpose of the second wipe be? Just leave us playing on the PTS 🙂

Mainly because PTR can be wiped daily if needed. No need to worry about wipe rage when a server by definition can wipe at any moment. Plus if they wipe the PTR 1-xx times they can still claim to have only wiped live servers once. 

Edited by DilBert

2 hours ago, Toto Rockabilly said:

Hello,

at what time on the 20th of march the "new" PvE World starts?

Toto Rockabilly

Late May, will be the answer.

1 hour ago, DilBert said:

During the live stream they mentioned that The PTR would be a smaller map that is different than Official live map and become a permanent thing for other future patches.
So what you said would save them money but not a good permanent solution. Also the benefit of having a smaller different map is it avoid Content scouting for claim as one other mentioned before in this thread. Yep you can still gather intel like what the new rules will work like example how big of a company you need to claim that huge Island you dream of, but no spoilers on new islands locations.

Edited by Lorien

2 hours ago, Vorxius said:

Exactly.

The new patch basically wiped out a lot of pvp work

1 hour ago, Vorxius said:

I am going to roll play a griever and build foundations and pillars on your island on pts. 

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Megalithic said:

they should just do it now so everyone can comeback and try to salvage what they can from the trash fire

You shouldn’t use the word everyone. Because if everyone is literally waiting for that long, then everyone is pathetic lol

10 hours ago, Lorien said:

During the live stream they mentioned that The PTR would be a smaller map that is different than Official live map and become a permanent thing for other future patches.
So what you said would save them money but not a good permanent solution. Also the benefit of having a smaller different map is it avoid Content scouting for claim as one other mentioned before in this thread. Yep you can still gather intel like what the new rules will work like example how big of a company you need to claim that huge Island you dream of, but no spoilers on new islands locations.

Ptr will be wiped consistently lol

10 hours ago, DocHolliday said:

Can someone make squares for this?  $5 per square.  Winner takes all. 

April 12th called it

Edited by Realist

When your entire Company quit playing Atlas because they dont feel like playing befor wipe but you're the last one still playing.ZZQtd3m.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

10 minutes ago, Enki Anunnaki said:

When your entire Company quit playing Atlas because they dont feel like playing befor wipe but you're the last one still playing.ZZQtd3m.jpg

😔

4 hours ago, Realist said:

You shouldn’t use the word everyone. Because if everyone is literally waiting for that long, then everyone is pathetic lol

Did you really said this ? Well i guess you must be one of the most pathetic guys then.
Aren't you that cry baby that doesn't even own the game, and is WAITING until it comes on xbox. 
And in the mean time, you call others pathetic for waiting until the wipe. You're so funny, NOT.