Sign in to follow this  
Blackthron

New claim system

3 minutes ago, Bullet Force said:

You have to factor in different time zones. On paper it might look smooth but reality is different.

Times zones do affect the raid timers. It is set by the Island owner. Each island can have a different raid timer. Raid timers are not server or time zone associated. 

Just now, Bullet Force said:

Wrong. The majority of folks like it and were actively playing the game not going on this forum and crying.

The new system does everything but encourage PVP. In fact it actively discourages it by making it very expensive to buy into (war tokens are not cheap) and by limiting PVP to only a few hours per day as well as removing the element of surprise that attackers would normally have. It's a system essentially designed to hinder PVP.

LOL you do realize the player count is tracked right? I have been playing past the wipe. I watch the player counts daily since playing and you can see the history, those are real numbers published on steam. The "majority" of folks were definitely NOT playing. And a decent size of those actually still playing were not playing official servers, they were playing unofficial,  servers that are moderated. 

Now your talking about war tokens which none of us have any real information about. Limiting PvP a few hours a day? Now you are making things up. EACH claimed island has a NINE hour window, where do you get a "a few hours"? That is more than a third of the day, not a "few hours". And that's per island. they are adding in more islands, each island has a different window. You can literally sail around and find islands at all times able to be attacked. As I said earlier, now you just cant sit on top of one and pummel it 24/7. And that is without war tokens. Your ridiculous LOL.

7 minutes ago, Bullet Force said:

Don't worry he calls anyone that doesn't agree with him and anyone that expresses love for PVP a "PVO" player. You have to remember you are talking to someone that got so destroyed and completely obliterated on the official servers that he has felt the need to spend the last few weeks on this forum demanding the game be made easier for him. He will blame offline raiding today and tomorrow it will be some other excuse but a bad player remains a bad player.

You have to factor in different time zones. On paper it might look smooth but reality is different.

You just straight make things up. You have no idea what I have or have not done in this game. I am a bad player? I just want to PvP people. I haven't spent the last few weeks on this forum. I just joined like a few days ago. I was and have been playing on the official PvP servers. I have never demanded anything online involving this game. I and my company were doing fine before the wipe announcement. I was playing by the old rules just fine. But just because I was doing fine, and my company was in the old system does not mean I can not see the glaring flaws in it that in 2 months time drove an initial player base of tens of thousands down to 3k on average. 

3 hours ago, SIEGEGUN said:

You just straight make things up. You have no idea what I have or have not done in this game. I am a bad player? I just want to PvP people. I haven't spent the last few weeks on this forum. I just joined like a few days ago. I was and have been playing on the official PvP servers. I have never demanded anything online involving this game. I and my company were doing fine before the wipe announcement. I was playing by the old rules just fine. But just because I was doing fine, and my company was in the old system does not mean I can not see the glaring flaws in it that in 2 months time drove an initial player base of tens of thousands down to 3k on average. 

In my opinion the reason for the decrease of the playernumbers to 3k is because of the announcement that they will wipe... before that there were about 12000 - 15000 ppl online each day,.... not saying that the griefing, offline raiding (and so on) doesnt need fixing but we just can all hope, that we will reach 10 k + a few weeks after the patch again.. 

8 minutes ago, pzzuii said:

In my opinion the reason for the decrease of the playernumbers to 3k is because of the announcement that they will wipe... before that there were about 12000 - 15000 ppl online each day,.... not saying that the griefing, offline raiding (and so on) doesnt need fixing but we just can all hope, that we will reach 10 k + a few weeks after the patch again.. 

Before the announcement they were bleeding numbers like crazy. The NA PvP server was at a low average of 3-4k well before the wipe. A huge chunk of those players you are talking about were (and are) playing the unofficials. The EU PvP servers were literally asking for people to come join them. Just go look up the numbers on steamchart. Like I said before, the system is why the numbers dropped the way they did and have. The devs obviously agree because they are changing it. 

But yes I definitely hope they will recover the lost players. I think anyone that actually likes and enjoys the game wishes for that. No matter what the personal differences are in regards to the changes.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, pzzuii said:

A wipe announcement will always remove part of your player base but the question is will it recover after the wipe. In most cases its resounding yes but I don't see it with this game at least not on PVP servers. The PVE servers will definitely fill up again post wipe but sadly I don't see the same being true for the PVP servers.

You have to remember a huge portion of the Atlas player base are ARK players. We bought this game because we were told it will basically be ARK with ships and with a full PVP experience. A lot of us aren't interested in raid times and enforced PVE on our PVP servers. We just want to slaughter and pillage that is what PVP is all about. Kill your neighbor take his loot, steal his cattle and then finally conquer his land.

So... they decided to keep this shitty system where owner can kick you at any given time and you can not fight back.

Any1 planning to play?

My morale is so low..trust in devs below 0.. I even dont have the will to login and test it 😞

8 hours ago, Blackthron said:

So... they decided to keep this shitty system where owner can kick you at any given time and you can not fight back.

Any1 planning to play?

My morale is so low..trust in devs below 0.. I even dont have the will to login and test it 😞

You arent the only one. I was expecting a big spike in numbers once the test server was launched but instead player count is still dropping.

it slowed it down a bit but the drop is still happening. I really don’t see that many coming back after the ptr is done and the wipe comes to be honest

Edited by Realist

4 minutes ago, Realist said:

You are the only one. I was expecting a big spike in numbers once the test server was launched but instead player count is still dropping.

it slowed it down a bit but the drop is still happening. I really don’t see that many coming back after the ptr is done and the wipe comes to be honest

Been saying it for a long time now, damage control.

• Like 1

On 3/13/2019 at 7:47 AM, ikarirain said:

Its just a lack of trust.   People assume every island owner is going to be a dictator and steal whatever they want and destroy peoples stuff on a whim.  It couldn't be farther from the truth.  Most people I've dealt with in the game are actually quite friendly and responsible.  And, the truth is, a good island owner knows they need people settling on the island to help reduce the cost of claim upkeep.  Its in the owners best interest to maintain good relations with the people on their island, or else they'll end up shouldering a much larger (and unsustainable) upkeep cost.  A single person might be able to claim an island, but a single person won't be able to hold it without help.

That said, dictators will lose favor, and thus population, while those who cannot stand the dictator will move to better islands with better owners, and those islands will flourish and prosper as a result.  For those with trust issues, though, a good piece of advice is to keep the majority of your most valued possessions on your boats.

And mostly it's justified, already had my stuff blown up by the owner of a land claim, and there wasn't anything i could do. they said "it's pvp bro" but it's not pvp when you can't do anything to defend because they are in peacetime. they killed my tames, and had cannons pointed at my stone building when i logged the next day. they did this to multiple people, they also have turrets near metal resources i guess just for kicks.

9 minutes ago, trqfreak350 said:

And mostly it's justified, already had my stuff blown up by the owner of a land claim, and there wasn't anything i could do. they said "it's pvp bro" but it's not pvp when you can't do anything to defend because they are in peacetime. they killed my tames, and had cannons pointed at my stone building when i logged the next day. they did this to multiple people, they also have turrets near metal resources i guess just for kicks.

Well if you acted the way you did in the game as you did in my thread you were probably asking for it to be honest.

welcome to atlas. This is what it will he like after the wipe

5 hours ago, Realist said:

Well if you acted the way you did in the game as you did in my thread you were probably asking for it to be honest.

welcome to atlas. This is what it will he like after the wipe

Asking for it  because i don't agree with you? makes sense.

Edited by trqfreak350

1 hour ago, trqfreak350 said:

Asking for it  because i don't agree with you? makes sense.

Yep. Sometimes that is all it takes to get wiped in games like this. Makes plenty of sense

38 minutes ago, Realist said:

Yep. Sometimes that is all it takes to get wiped in games like this. Makes plenty of sense

you're so far off, hadn't talked to anybody on that island, the island when i stopped playing was also not owned as of yet, so no, it doesn't make sense... yet again we disagree. i've put 3000+ house into ark, pvp, and pve, 600 plus into this pvp, and pve how many have you got into it since you just know how it all works.

2 minutes ago, trqfreak350 said:

you're so far off, hadn't talked to anybody on that island, the island when i stopped playing was also not owned as of yet, so no, it doesn't make sense... yet again we disagree. i've put 3000+ house into ark, pvp, and pve, 600 plus into this pvp, and pve how many have you got into it since you just know how it all works.

Well you did something. People don’t just get wiped for no reason 😂

On 3/13/2019 at 11:52 AM, gumbyc said:

Stated in last Captains Log

"Claim owners will be able to demolish structures (via the pinwheel) on their settlements temporarily as long as the structure has been placed within the last 12 hours. After the 12 hour period has passed, they will not be able to demolish the structures using the pinwheel, and must manually destroy it."

This is not in the game, and imo this game is shit if it goes down the path as where anyone can build on an island.

16 hours ago, Realist said:

Well you did something. People don’t just get wiped for no reason 😂

In my brief time on the ptr, I found that people are being fairly stupid about building.  I reached an unclaimed island that already had 2 bases on it, and neither person had claimed the island.  The island was small and rocky, and they had built in the only two places to put down a reasonable base.

Do they not expect to get wiped immediately when the island is claimed?

5 minutes ago, Bolognapwny said:

This is not in the game, and imo this game is shit if it goes down the path as where anyone can build on an island.

Depends on what you mean by "the game".  It's not on the live servers right now.

It IS in the patch notes and supposed to be on the ptrs and eventual live servers.

2 minutes ago, Winter Thorne said:

In my brief time on the ptr, I found that people are being fairly stupid about building.  I reached an unclaimed island that already had 2 bases on it, and neither person had claimed the island.  The island was small and rocky, and they had built in the only two places to put down a reasonable base.

Do they not expect to get wiped immediately when the island is claimed?

Depends on what you mean by "the game".  It's not on the live servers right now.

It IS in the patch notes and supposed to be on the ptrs and eventual live servers.

It is not on the PTR they took it out because crying ass posts like this one... now you have to literally shoot hundreds of cannons balls to remove someone you don't want there.

26 minutes ago, Bolognapwny said:

It is not on the PTR they took it out because crying ass posts like this one... now you have to literally shoot hundreds of cannons balls to remove someone you don't want there.

Did they say it was removed?  People earlier were treating it like a bug.

Just now, Winter Thorne said:

Did they say it was removed?  People earlier were treating it like a bug.

My guess is they removed it to appease the very vocal few.

3 minutes ago, Bolognapwny said:

My guess is they removed it to appease the very vocal few.

I think that's a bad guess.  There's a bunch of buggy stuff on the ptr.  I wouldn't bet they removed it until they say so.

If they do, there's still a way to get rid of them in pvp.  They'd have to keep the pinwheels on pve, which is all I care about really.

*edit -  how anybody can get "crying assed posts that made them remove the pinwheel" out of what I said is a mystery"    

Edited by Winter Thorne

14 minutes ago, Winter Thorne said:

I think that's a bad guess.  There's a bunch of buggy stuff on the ptr.  I wouldn't bet they removed it until they say so.

If they do, there's still a way to get rid of them in pvp.  They'd have to keep the pinwheels on pve, which is all I care about really.

*edit -  how anybody can get "crying assed posts that made them remove the pinwheel" out of what I said is a mystery"    

They removed it form patch notes as well... EG: Crying ass noob posts made the pinwheel option go away.

17 minutes ago, Bolognapwny said:

They removed it form patch notes as well... EG: Crying ass noob posts made the pinwheel option go away.

They need to post a captain's log or something and say what's going on.  Still too early to assume anything about it.   

Crying ass noobs =  "Anyone who wants some game design I don't like" ("But when I complain about that, I am not a crying ass noob")

Thanks for reminding me why I don't play pvp.  At least this won't go away in pve, unless the change the entire claims system around again.

I still think it's just a bug.

21 minutes ago, Winter Thorne said:

They need to post a captain's log or something and say what's going on.  Still too early to assume anything about it.   

Crying ass noobs =  "Anyone who wants some game design I don't like" ("But when I complain about that, I am not a crying ass noob")

Thanks for reminding me why I don't play pvp.  At least this won't go away in pve, unless the change the entire claims system around again.

I still think it's just a bug.

ugh steer clear of these discussions then, as they do not pertain to you... you are wasting everyones time.