Hi! We made a private server through gportal, and we can';t seem to get past level 8 or past the smokey red wall, does anyone know how to fix this? Its completely no fun with just two starter islands and not being able to open world. 

Hi,

You may find you need another server, it sounds as if you currently only have a home server configured. This is NOT a one server and you're done setup I'm afraid.

With regard to your level, that's configured in the game.ini these lines here :-

PlayerDefaultNoDiscoveriesMaxLevelUps=###  <- Configures what level you can get to without any discoveries
bClampHomeServerXP=True/False  <- Configures if the home server is level capped (yours is)
ClampHomeServerXPLevel=8  <- configures what the cap is set to on your home server.

Game.ini is located in Atlasmain/shootergame/saved/server/config/WindowsServer  if you have access to a file browser.

G-Portal should have told you all this, or at the very least hidden the information in a wiki / faq somewhere.

Hope that helps

Edit: P.S. Merry Christmas :classic_biggrin:

Edited by HurricaneJack
xmas :P
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, ChloeForzold said:

Hi! We made a private server through gportal, and we can';t seem to get past level 8 or past the smokey red wall, does anyone know how to fix this? Its completely no fun with just two starter islands and not being able to open world. 

Just to explain; that red wall is the map boundary so no you can't go past that. If you were to add another server to your grid then one of the red walls, depending on where you configure it to be relative to your home server, will be blue and you can cross over. Regarding to your islands, can't help you out with gportal but i assume you have access to the server files? You will need to use the island editor provided by grapeshot. Use that to basically create your own map. As in, you can add as many islands to your server as you like. Do some googling, there is already enough on the island editor to be found. Hope that helps. But again, just to clarify, 1 server = 1 tile.

So i also have a private server and stuck at level 8 because of the freeport.  Buying another tile/server is not an option at this stage.
I have added the following lines to my GameUserSettings.ini file but still stuck at level 8 :(

PlayerDefaultNoDiscoveriesMaxLevelUps=100
bClampHomeServerXP=False
ClampHomeServerXPLevel=100

HurricaneJack; any more pointers?  Also, I know you said to add it to the Game.ini file but that one is empty for me. 

u must put this in ur Game.ini

So u can use 

bDisableStructurePlacementCollision=True

too for building into terrain

image.png.4f93016de09e454af7c47ab6aad63db3.pngI am still stuck at level 8 😞

Tried to put the above lines in my Game.ini and no difference.

I don't have a DefaultGame.ini

Having the same issue on my gportal server, just cant seem to get it to work past lvl 8. have editet the lines mentioned here in my game.ini file but still not helping.

You have to stop your server before editing the ini files, otherwise Atlas will ignore your changes and overwrite them.

I also tried to put those lines on the game.ini after stopping the server , then rebooted it and nothing changed , i mean i still got the message that i need to find discoveries !

35 minutes ago, Yemesis said:

I also tried to put those lines on the game.ini after stopping the server , then rebooted it and nothing changed , i mean i still got the message that i need to find discoveries !

I initially did it via game.ini but decided to do it in ServerGrid.JSON.  

This is to be set for the grid in question. 

"OverrideShooterGameModeDefaultGameIni": {
        "bClampHomeServerXP": "False",
        "ClampHomeServerXPLevel": "50"
      },

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Atlasprime said:

I initially did it via game.ini but decided to do it in ServerGrid.JSON.  

This is to be set for the grid in question. 

"OverrideShooterGameModeDefaultGameIni": {
        "bClampHomeServerXP": "False",
        "ClampHomeServerXPLevel": "50"
      },

Yup just tried 5 minutes ago and that did it 

I made it work in the Game.ini file.
Just had to put the following at the start:

[/Script/ShooterGame.ShooterGameMode]

So, as an example, your Game.ini should look like this:

[/Script/ShooterGame.ShooterGameMode]
PlayerDefaultNoDiscoveriesMaxLevelUps=99
bClampHomeServerXP=false