There are many comments on this thread about lawless islands. Whether it be minimizing thee amount of them or dissuading people from settling on them for example. What is so wrong with them? Don't players have the right to choose what is fun for them or what SCENERY is most beautiful in the game to them (I'm speaking of myself here! lol)? I kinda have that rebel vibe feeling from playing on one and I gotta tell ya, It feels pretty PIRATE-ISH imo. In my own warped mind that is.

4 minutes ago, Eve BlackVeil said:

There are many comments on this thread about lawless islands. Whether it be minimizing thee amount of them or dissuading people from settling on them for example. What is so wrong with them? Don't players have the right to choose what is fun for them or what SCENERY is most beautiful in the game to them (I'm speaking of myself here! lol)? I kinda have that rebel vibe feeling from playing on one and I gotta tell ya, It feels pretty PIRATE-ISH imo. In my own warped mind that is.

Lawless as a system was designed for people to use as a place to stay before they get land. All the land got taken and so people never left. You used to not be able to use beds on lawless ground but they patched that because people were stuck there. Lawless allows you to build anywhere which makes it so people on PvE can grief easier. The other problem with lawless is that the resources respawn with no influence of what is built around them. This makes it so you don't have to plan if your new building will stop a precious resource from spawning. The game even in it's description say you search out a claim and fight to maintain it. Lawless in a way is a claim but at the same time keeps the game in Ark's shadow which I feel they want to really break away from.

~Lotus

• Like 2

Lawless Servers were introduced I think day 1? Because we couldnt log into the freeport servers. They were full. They then opened up other servers for us to use so people could actually log in and play. However these did not contain a freeport. I don't remember them specifically saying their intention with lawless was what you mentioned but it could very well be so.

I had hoped they would change them back so I could lay claim to my area but they never did and now I'm ok with it.

They were proud to launch the game as a mixture of Ark and sailing the seas as pirates so I don't know how much they really want to break away from.

2 minutes ago, Eve BlackVeil said:

Lawless Servers were introduced I think day 1? Because we couldnt log into the freeport servers. They were full. They then opened up other servers for us to use so people could actually log in and play. However these did not contain a freeport. I don't remember them specifically saying their intention with lawless was what you mentioned but it could very well be so.

I had hoped they would change them back so I could lay claim to my area but they never did and now I'm ok with it.

They were proud to launch the game as a mixture of Ark and sailing the seas as pirates so I don't know how much they really want to break away from.

Day 1 we were only able to spawn in freeports and we hit a huge choke point. They then allowed people to spawn on lawless zones to help remove the bottle necks but it was still so many people. Lawless also had the freeport max level 8 cap.

~Lotus

• Like 2