the New claim system may benefit with some of these ideas.

1. a repair structure is now essentially the new claim flag.
  2. it has a smaller radius than the original land claim flag (10x10 foundations max)
  3. if a structure is placed outside of a repair structure radius it will decay within 2-3 hours ( to prevent pillaring)
  4. Make the cost of upkeep for the base 20-50 % of the cost of the entire structure in that radius. This will turn building materials into a commodity that players are willing to trade or raid for. Or a company will need to look at having someone who doesn’t mind farming. This will also encourage companies to tame or trade for creatures like elephants, rhinos, bears, giraffes. Giving  breeders and tamers greater importance. Additionally a tamer/ breeder with high intelligence should have a bonus % buff on a tame they took part in breeding/taming if using the preferred food for that tame (turnips for rhinos, honey for bears etc)
  5. A repair structure with no materials in it will reduce make everything in its radius decay in 24 hours. 
  6. The repair structure can have a building blocked radius (turn this on or off as the owner sees fit) anyone who has been authorised on that repair structure can still build in the radius.
  7. repair structures can be upgraded to be more efficient ( -2.5 % materials upkeep cost , maxing out to 30% of total structure cost)
  8. repair structures can not be demolished by a claim owner in the 12 hour period. The claim owner must pay 500 gold (via radial menu)  to “buy” the structure within that 12 hour period. 

Essentially this will will turn a repair structure into the building’s “claim flag”  I would expect a cap on how many repair structures a company can build on someone else’s claim to prevent greifing ( maybe 10 max to start)  with the ability to buy more title deeds from a Freeport ( which is an independent third party from the island owner)  for roughly 2000-5000 gold. These titles/deeds are items which are kept in a repair structure and add to the number of repair structures you can build on someone else’s land. They only add to the cap for that island. You will need to buy more for other islands.

So this way anyone can build anything they want anywhere (as long as it’s not in radius of someone else’s repair structure. But those structures will decay very quickly if it isn’t in range of their own repair structure with materials in it. This should help fight pillar spamming meta. 

Edited by Polar Express

Thankyou filbert. 

I am aware of this. The topic will mean that the new claim flag is still the same. With the claim owner owning the entire island. However, the repair structure is the thing that each other company owns. The repair structure works much like the tool cupboard from rust. 

So, 

there is still a land owner (the guy who claims the whole island) this guy sets tax rates etc

but each company owns their own repair structures that act like “mini claim flags”  that have a max limit per company and are relatively expensive upkeep wise. 

this is mainly just to prevent people spamming pillars everywhere after the update in March.

Also to stop the claim owner ( the guy who claimed the entire island) destroying everyone’s stuff in the the allocated period. Now the claim owner needs to pay to remove people’s stuff if it is in a repair structure radius.

i hope that is some clarification to my post. 

Just now, DilBert said:

new claim flag are claim flags. 1 flag= whole island. 

Repair structures were part of the no claim system. Wont be apart of the 1 flag= 1 island system. It is not a mix of the two. Only difference in pvp and pvp will be the war, raids, and ability of owner to destroy structures after the 12 hour timer.(time subject to change for pve later)

Edited by DilBert

21 minutes ago, DilBert said:

Repair structures were part of the no claim system. Wont be apart of the 1 flag= 1 island system. It is not a mix of the two. Only difference in pvp and pvp will be the war, raids, and ability of owner to destroy structures after the 12 hour timer.(time subject to change for pve later)

I could be wrong but I was under the impression they were keeping both the new island claim and the structure decay because the landlord sure isn't going to want to spend hours blasting away at someone's base after they have quit the game or just left the island and left their buildings there.

With the new island claim nobody can just claim the space and seize the building anymore so demo needs to be built into the system.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, microphobe said:

I could be wrong but I was under the impression they were keeping both the new island claim and the structure decay because the landlord sure isn't going to want to spend hours blasting away at someone's base after they have quit the game or just left the island and left their buildings there.

With the new island claim nobody can just claim the space and seize the building anymore so demo needs to be built into the system.

With the Mega March update, the claim systems on PvE will change from being lawless-esque servers to the following:

Use the same claim system as PvP, but remove the raidable hours and war aspect. This means that players will be able to claim islands, and anyone can build on those settlements. Each settlement will have an upkeep cost which is based on a variety of factors such as the islands ranking, the number of settlements that company has, and how many different companies are building on the settlement. Settlement owners will be able to set a tax rate, and also players will be able to place their player run shops on the claimed land.

28 minutes ago, DilBert said:

With the Mega March update, the claim systems on PvE will change from being lawless-esque servers to the following:

Use the same claim system as PvP, but remove the raidable hours and war aspect. This means that players will be able to claim islands, and anyone can build on those settlements. Each settlement will have an upkeep cost which is based on a variety of factors such as the islands ranking, the number of settlements that company has, and how many different companies are building on the settlement. Settlement owners will be able to set a tax rate, and also players will be able to place their player run shops on the claimed land.

yes but that isn't the section that speaks to structure decay.

remember this is pve and the only way to clear litter off the beaches was to claim the land and demo the buildings, if there is no way to do that then the game is headed for another wipe in a few months as the coastal land will all be gone.

the land holder can only demo within a certain time frame after that there is no power he has to demolish things. I'm pretty sure they will be keeping the structure repair box and structure decay from their lawless system otherwise it will again be a pillar paradise.

I've been saying this for awhile now, but one step further make more structures look like the bank idea they already have for us. We can decide to build them or build our own ideas. But having structures that are pre made look so much better then 1000 stone walls.

24 minutes ago, Sneakydude said:

I've been saying this for awhile now, but one step further make more structures look like the bank idea they already have for us. We can decide to build them or build our own ideas. But having structures that are pre made look so much better then 1000 stone walls.

Agreed. I’d like a system with both options. Maybe pre builts with slots for windows, doors etc and the ability to build on walls etc on them. The repair structure should be a prefab like the bank tho. 

Good ideas man.

1 hour ago, DilBert said:

Is this a quote from somewhere or is this something you think should be in the game? I’m just confused due to the highlighting. It sounds good. I’d still like players to pay tax to the island owner. I’d still like the island owner to “control” their settlement etc. 

In my topic I essentially stated that the system you mention above would work well in conjunction with a system which would minimise pillar spam. The fact that players would need to build a structure to prevent decay and block building privelege  for other players could be “like” (similar to) a mini claim flag. Not an actual claim flag. Just a system that prevents decay, griefing and requires seperate upkeep to the island owners tax rate. See ;tool cupboards in the game Rust. It’s essetially the same thing. 

3 hours ago, microphobe said:

remember this is pve and the only way to clear litter off the beaches was to claim the land and demo the buildings, if there is no way to do that then the game is headed for another wipe in a few months as the coastal land will all be gone.

the land holder can only demo within a certain time frame after that there is no power he has to demolish things. I'm pretty sure they will be keeping the structure repair box and structure decay from their lawless system otherwise it will again be a pillar paradise.

PvE Network

• No claim flags
  • Damage decay overtime added to all structures
  • A new auto-repair structure which players will need to upkeep to prevent structures from being destroyed by decay.

Is the Old pve system with no claims. 

2 hours ago, Polar Express said:

Is the new. There is no mixture of the two. You do not get claim flags and auto-repair. 

• Thanks 1

47 minutes ago, DilBert said:

from capts log 23.

Despite pulling only a short piece from the pve section of captains log 23.  It still doesn’t say anything regarding the removal of the “auto repair” building. This isn’t what I was addressing in the topic and the way you put it still doesn’t address pillar spamming. It just states what captains log 23 stated prior to me reading it, discussing it in detail on these forums and concluding that something still needs to be looked at to stop pillar spamming.

I’m not a pve player. The ideas in the original topic post can be used for both PvE and PvP. Alongside the new 1claim= 1 island patch coming in March.

I’m not sure how I can explain this in more detail than this. I understand and acknowledge what captains log 23 stated. That’s Why I created this topic. 

Maybe we have some form of miscommunication between us. Im really trying to explain this as best I can.im Sorry if it’s badly worded for you. 

The auto repair structure as never part of PvP claims. Only the old pve no claim structure. There is no need in mentioning the removal of a system never added. If it were never part of the PvP system and is no mention of it being added to it why would it magically become a part of it?

8 hours ago, DilBert said:

Is the new. There is no mixture of the two. You do not get claim flags and auto-repair. 

There is intentionally no information given (they may not know yet either). Everything that is not clearly written there is speculation, we have to wait! And what is written may also be a subject to change.

6 minutes ago, Kummba said:

There is intentionally no information given (they may not know yet either). Everything that is not clearly written there is speculation, we have to wait! And what is written may also be a subject to change.

But it is clearly written. 

1 minute ago, DilBert said:

But it is clearly written.  

Quote please.

8 hours ago, DilBert said:
12 hours ago, microphobe said:

PvE Network

• No claim flags
  • Damage decay overtime added to all structures
  • A new auto-repair structure which players will need to upkeep to prevent structures from being destroyed by decay.

Is the Old pve system with no claims. 

11 hours ago, Polar Express said:

As said before the PvP system never used the auto repair structure. The only places decay happens to structures are lawless. Boats have it anywhere but claims. It doesnt get much clearer. 

2 minutes ago, DilBert said:

As said before the PvP system never used the auto repair structure. The only places decay happens to structures are lawless. Boats have it anywhere but claims. It doesnt get much clearer. 

You mean this?

the claim systems on PvE will change from being lawless-esque servers to the following -cl23

I mean i am not native speaker, but it is everything but clear to me! it just say CLAIM and continue how it playes out for the claimer.

In fact they dont even mention u can build everywhere in the whole CL 23.

In the prolog it even says:

There will be some adjustments to our previously announced plans and this Captain’s Log will outline the details that have emerged during this process. -cl23

So again what Quote are you basing your argument on?

The specifics will be honed and adapted as we approach the PTR as well as the launch of these new systems -cl23

And this, ergo it is clear and set in stone, dream on.

It says in CL23 as quoted

26 minutes ago, DilBert said:

Use the same claim system as PvP, but remove the raidable hours and war aspect.

PVP claim system does not use repair structures. Want to know how PvP claims work read about them in CL22 and the updates to it in CL23. None of which include repair structures. 

19 minutes ago, DilBert said:

It says in CL23 as quoted

PVP claim system does not use repair structures. Want to know how PvP claims work read about them in CL22 and the updates to it in CL23. None of which include repair structures. 

We will see!

----------

Other question if it is like PVP system:

Structures that are built on a Settlement which do not belong to the Settlement Owner will have a decay timer. --cl22

How long will it be? What would be a prefered timer?

Other Question, PVE people were asking for upkeep to avoid keep things in stasis by logging in once every two weeks/ 4 days for lawless, how is that addressed?

• Thanks 1