Winter Thorne

Help Wanted

Atlas Mail  is looking for regional delivery associates to begin work after the wipe on NA PvE.    Make your own hours.  Work from home.

Associates will be responsible for picking up mail from their regional hub and delivering it throughout their region.  Pay commensurate with number of deliveries.

At the Atlas Mail Headquarters in beautiful Framingris Helm, we are expanding rapidly to serve every area of the Atlas.  

i9rt3yV.png

View our new state of the art processing and sorting area -

1Hffhpe.png

Applicants must show references upon request, and are responsible for providing their own rum.

Join Atlas Mail - We're going postal!

(This is not a company recruitment ad.  Atlas Mail is not a company nor is it affiliated with any Atlas Company.  Atlas Mail - it's not just a job, it's...well we don't know what it is yet.  But it's a "thing".)

(@jatheish @dollie  You know, it would take 2 things to do this - item attachments to notes, limit 2 or 3 with weight limits, and a storage box with customizable permissions, ie. specific names have access, or anyone can deposit items, only specific names can remove.   Would be a fun idea.  Just sayin')

• Like 10

I'd like to send mail to the GM of the island, but I know I'll get "returned to sender" since those don't exist.

37 minutes ago, CazzT said:

I'd like to send mail to the GM of the island, but I know I'll get "returned to sender" since those don't exist.

If there's an address, it gets delivered.  Doesn't matter what you call the recipient.

Unless the GM landlord wipes out the mailbox.  Then NO MAIL FOR YOU!  ONE YEAR!

45 minutes ago, Dreadmill said:

Can we mail some sort of explosive or piratey nerve agent? 

Yes.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Winter Thorne said:

Applicants are responsible for providing their own rum.

I’m out.

1 hour ago, Dreadmill said:

Can we mail some sort of explosive or piratey nerve agent? 

Maybe but Atlas mail doesn’t offer service from Montana BFE cabins Ted.

Edited by boomervoncannon
  • Haha 4

1 hour ago, boomervoncannon said:

Maybe but Atlas mail doesn’t offer service from Montana BFE cabins Ted.

I"m already putting up wanted posters in the post office.  Sorry if the pictures aren't a great resemblance to any of you.  :classic_biggrin:

• Like 3

How did I manage to get the on the wanted poster before Jat and Dollie, I must be a real kind of special. Oh you have mail to read if you can figure out how to open it. I also left you a sign under my wanted poster and another message in the priority mail box to.   Be damned if I know how to open notes, I was stuck reading two lines and I know they got cut off mid message. 

By the way, where the hell was all the food, that homeless sailer on the beach had more supplies than you did !!!

The snakes send their love by the way, they looked cold so I let them inside.

Lol

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, AntonyVW said:

Cant see what the actual pay is?

It's commensurate with deliveries.  It's a percentage of the cost.

Atlas Mail - not exactly a job,  Definitely a "thing".  Or a thingamabob.  Take your pick.

ATLAS Mail Service -  Let's Go Postal!

Haha good stuff.  These are the things that build character for a game.  People dreaming up new ideas within an open game.  May or may not work, but who cares its an attempt at something different. 

20 minutes ago, Sansa Phoenix said:

This would SO help the trade centers I'm trying to put together across the Atlas..... 

Once the automated player shops come in the next update there won’t be a need for trade companies anymore

Okay, so I didn't know where else to post this.  But we've recently started doing something similar to this on our island where everyone posts a "mailbox" for communication since we are all playing at different times.  Are the Notes like in ARK where there is a 200 character limit?  Or is there a way to 'open' it and read a longer message?  Seems like if I type to long of a note it cuts it off.

From what we’ve experienced in the past there is a character limit and no way to open it.   We had a simple storage box left unlocked with two lanterns near it, painted different colors to show new mail. The system was working for what it was used for. The notes need to be larger for those of us who can’t seem to use only a few words to get the message across 

Lol, well some of us want to take full advantage of everything in the game, minus pvp.

Winter had talked about opening up a delivery service, transporting goods, tames or people from one area to another. I mentioned doing it for a cost and have some sort of insurance to cover any goods that might be lost due to the ship getting sunk.

Pve players have the best imagination and I have always enjoyed thinking outside the box