Sign in to follow this  
T3RMINA1

Grapeshot game supporting hackers

YSS Again is hacking, the second time in a week, we dc, lag, and all our NPC's will not shoot, 50 boat NPC players, 4 fired, 0 hit anything. no damage whatso ever on there boat, after 3 brigs and a gallion hit them, all with no damage, we reported them twice, both times got told to fuck off by grapeshot games, ARK, Dark and Light, now ATLAS all ruined by hackers, when will wildcard, grapeshot and snail games, learn there player base gets bored with constant raiding by hackers. you will destroy this game if you don't or wont put a stop or take players seriously when reported, why is video evidence not enough.

whats the point, they did it on ark, D&L & ATLAS, we posted recorded and sent it to grapeshot (wildcard, SNAIL) games, no amount of evidence seems to be enough

they said "they will take it into consideration" 

BE is doing good job in Ark and hacking is way less spread than thought.

I've been in many situations where people made hacking claims.  Rarely did I believe the person was actually hacking.  Many many factors go into what is perceived to be hacking.  Most of it seems to be individual biases towards those they compete and their self perceived skill in the game. 

I've had my moments where I was dead on with the carbine and was openly accused.  I've also had my moments I could not hit the broadside of a barn.  I've made shots at people deep under water by guessing where the player was in relation to the health bar and hit.  Most of the time I miss, but it does connect on occasion and accusations fly. 

While I am not saying your case is false, it is difficult for GS to investigate and ban in every case.  I'd wager some money on the percentage of cheating accusations that actually turn out to be true.  I bet the percentage is low. 

Grapeshot is killing hackers by letting the game die so there is no money in hacks for this. Don't you see the logic?

I've seen the hacks in this game and its not false accusation, shooting through walls, barely render head shots over and over, aimbotting for sure. As for what else, I have no experience beyond hearing rumors of popping locks and doors.

Although duping and exploiting have been major issues. To my mind, there has been no GM moderation on officials which baffles my mind.

And in the instances of hacking, there is never enough proof to ban. So you fight the hackers and exploiters with player made police. The only way.

Ark never truly fixed hacking, battleeye is subpar at best unfortunately.

This thread will be locked soon. Seeya

3 hours ago, DocHolliday said:

I've been in many situations where people made hacking claims.  Rarely did I believe the person was actually hacking.  Many many factors go into what is perceived to be hacking.  Most of it seems to be individual biases towards those they compete and their self perceived skill in the game. 

I've had my moments where I was dead on with the carbine and was openly accused.  I've also had my moments I could not hit the broadside of a barn.  I've made shots at people deep under water by guessing where the player was in relation to the health bar and hit.  Most of the time I miss, but it does connect on occasion and accusations fly. 

While I am not saying your case is false, it is difficult for GS to investigate and ban in every case.  I'd wager some money on the percentage of cheating accusations that actually turn out to be true.  I bet the percentage is low. 

If anything the percentage of people actually reporting/complaining about cheating/hacking is low. It's that widespread of a problem and often so obvious it really needs no discussion. I have been myself affected by this and a report of me (us) even lead to a certain fix in a later patch but there are so many exploits/hacks that it is hardly worth a mention.

If you honestly believe that cheating in this game isn't a huge problem and extremely widespread then you either should count yourself luckily that is hasn't happened to you (I myself dealt daily with aimbots for like 3 weeks) or you are just naive/blind to whats going on. 

Also, that's part of why the wipe is comming, there giving it time for the hackers to stop updating their "hacks" so that battleye will catch up to them. 

Probably more than I should say there already.

Grapeshot doesnt support hackers one bit, however the manpower needed to check all these tickets and ban players based on other players evidence is too much work, and they shouldn't do it, if they were doing it that way, they wouldnt have time to develop the game, or rebalance it. 

10 hours ago, LinkesAuge said:

If anything the percentage of people actually reporting/complaining about cheating/hacking is low. It's that widespread of a problem and often so obvious it really needs no discussion. I have been myself affected by this and a report of me (us) even lead to a certain fix in a later patch but there are so many exploits/hacks that it is hardly worth a mention.

If you honestly believe that cheating in this game isn't a huge problem and extremely widespread then you either should count yourself luckily that is hasn't happened to you (I myself dealt daily with aimbots for like 3 weeks) or you are just naive/blind to whats going on. 

Well they did shit with many of the reports by players, investigating for weeks and they still play. There are more reports then you think this aim bot shit is for the birds. If they did care it would have been addressed. Maybe its their coding that is the problem?

19 hours ago, LinkesAuge said:

I should have added more to what I said.  Lot of the "hacks" that people have complained about when I was there actively participating seemed more like server instability issues and general game bugginess being perceived as some grand scheme by the opposing side.  I have seen a hacker in this game.  Once.  When three people get headshot through 2 layers of stone walls within seconds it raises a red flag for me. 

I am not saying there are no hackers.  I know there are.  There are plenty in the game and lots of people duping gear, blueprints, gold, etc.  Dupers are my biggest worry as they can fly under the radar if they do it right and it can tip the balance.  Aimbotters are easier to spot and eliminate.  Rarely does an entire company do this and rarely do people do it every single time they play as its easier to spot.  If used conservatively it can easily be written off as having a couple of good shots.  I've had my lucky streaks and been accused of aimbotting and I am not that good so if it can happen to me....... I know people who are really damn good aims and have been reported to aimbot when in fact they don't.  I hate it when this happens because all it does is muddy the water.  It makes it more difficult for the devs to take all complaints seriously when cases are not indeed hacking.  What one person sees as obvious hacking I can point out 1000 reasons its not.  Now if you're talking about spawning tanks, dragons and whales in  freeport then yeah thats an easy one we can all agree on.

My overall point is I wish people would gather more info, more evidence and go through proper channels.  Every time a cheating accusation is made and it not true it does a disservice to everyone in the game and wastes the devs time if they look into it.  They simply cannot investigate every single claim. 

Banning people for cheating is fine, but I want the exploits in the software to be patched so nobody can do it.  Banning a person just means they buy a new account and change names only to be back the next day doing the same damn thing with the same damn cheats. 

Lastly if I was running this game I would let known hackers play.  I would observe them and log everything they do.  That person would have a GPS tracker covertly shoved up their anus and everything they do and say in-game would be logged.  How else can you stop the bad guys unless you learn how they do what they do?

Edited by DocHolliday

On 3/12/2019 at 12:37 PM, DocHolliday said:

There is a lot of hacking in video games.  The problem is that it is harder than ever to detect.  Instead of the person being invulnerable, he just has 20 more health.  ESP type mods are the worst...just allows the user to have much more battlefield awareness than you do...they know where you are, what direction you are facing, your health, etc...  Is that guy who always seems to get the jump on you just good, or is he cheating?

The problem is with the hackers.  They ruin games.  Why?  It goes to something you said about a person's perception of their own skills.  Some just can't accept being defeated, and will go to any lengths to win...even cheating.  It doesn't change the fact that they aren't good at the game.  Part of the problem is how we treat those who are "good" at the game.  Many of these people want that respect, and good treatment, no matter how they have to get it.

Cheating is not a small problem in games.  All we need to do is look at what happened in this game, in the PvE servers.  I mean PVE even had a significant number of people who would stop at nothing to have their way.  You are supposed to be in PvE to avoid harmful player vs player actions, yet many were using the game mechanics to wreck other people's ships.  So to think that there are not a lot of people out that use any cheat or exploit they can, to win, is naive thinking.

4 hours ago, DocHolliday said:

I should have added more to what I said.  Lot of the "hacks" that people have complained about when I was there actively participating seemed more like server instability issues and general game bugginess being perceived as some grand scheme by the opposing side.  I have seen a hacker in this game.  Once.  When three people get headshot through 2 layers of stone walls within seconds it raises a red flag for me. 

I am not saying there are no hackers.  I know there are.  There are plenty in the game and lots of people duping gear, blueprints, gold, etc.  Dupers are my biggest worry as they can fly under the radar if they do it right and it can tip the balance.  Aimbotters are easier to spot and eliminate.  Rarely does an entire company do this and rarely do people do it every single time they play as its easier to spot.  If used conservatively it can easily be written off as having a couple of good shots.  I've had my lucky streaks and been accused of aimbotting and I am not that good so if it can happen to me....... I know people who are really damn good aims and have been reported to aimbot when in fact they don't.  I hate it when this happens because all it does is muddy the water.  It makes it more difficult for the devs to take all complaints seriously when cases are not indeed hacking.  What one person sees as obvious hacking I can point out 1000 reasons its not.  Now if you're talking about spawning tanks, dragons and whales in  freeport then yeah thats an easy one we can all agree on.

My overall point is I wish people would gather more info, more evidence and go through proper channels.  Every time a cheating accusation is made and it not true it does a disservice to everyone in the game and wastes the devs time if they look into it.  They simply cannot investigate every single claim. 

Banning people for cheating is fine, but I want the exploits in the software to be patched so nobody can do it.  Banning a person just means they buy a new account and change names only to be back the next day doing the same damn thing with the same damn cheats. 

Lastly if I was running this game I would let known hackers play.  I would observe them and log everything they do.  That person would have a GPS tracker covertly shoved up their anus and everything they do and say in-game would be logged.  How else can you stop the bad guys unless you learn how they do what they do?

Once again, the best hacks aren't obvious.  Instead of an aimbot, it's a shot spread reducer.  It focuses the fire.  A good aim botter isn't going to shoot through walls.  He's going to shoot the second you come into view, etc..

What is going to solve cheating in game is when the game is no longer on your computer, and instead you play it through a server.  As internet speeds increase, this will become more of a thing.  It will allow the game devs to control the experience more, prevent cheating more, and prevent piracy more.  I believe one such service is called Shadow👈 is the future of gaming.

One benefit will be that you will be able to compete in PvP without dumbing down the graphics.  I hate this in PvP gaming.  You see the trailers, and see the eye candy, and want that, but then, to compete, you lower the graphics settings.  Why buy expensive video cards, and monitors, if we are just going to make the game look like a ten year old game?

i wouldn't say they support hackers....but i would say that grapeshot hasn't been active enough on finding the actual problems and dealing with them appropriately. Listen,...the devs/programmers/etc for this game aren't the brightest stars in the sky but i have to admit that it's tough man...really tough, and i do believe that not only are they aware of the bullshit going on...but they are trying to figure it out. Let's give them some time, i'd say until the official servers are up with the new updates, to see how they are tackling the situation.

Good info Jack.  I have not really dealt with hacking much in games the last 5+ years as I've not been playing first person type games competitively.  I'll freely admit I am behind the times there. 

In my day it was speed hacks, wall hacks, aimbots, etc.  Speed hacks being the obvious one, wall hacks weren't very hard to pick up if you could observe people and the same with aimbots.  Someone snapping a shot off is not always an indication for an aimbot.  I've done it myself.  Doing it consistently however is a different story as the amount of people able to do that with a high rate of efficiency is small. 

17 hours ago, Captain Jack Shadow said:

What is going to solve cheating in game is when the game is no longer on your computer, and instead you play it through a server.  As internet speeds increase, this will become more of a thing.  It will allow the game devs to control the experience more, prevent cheating more, and prevent piracy more.  I believe one such service is called Shadow👈 is the future of gaming.

Internet speed is not increasing, what is increasing is the bandwidth or how many packets you can transfer in a period of time. The time it takes for the packets to travel from A to B ie the ping / latency have been capped at the speed of light for some time, i don't see that changing anytime soon. Latency is the biggest issue for a company like shadow, from what i understand they will try to counter latency by spreading out over many locations and there for lowering the distance and latency to their clients.

I can see this work for rpgs, racing and maybe strategy games. But i don't see this being a thing for the fps marked. Your aim is gonna be so much worse when you have some random input lag based on your ping to the server and your ping to the server is not constant so you can never compensate for it, basically flick aiming and timing shots, reacting to people peeking ect will be complete rng.

The people living closer to the streaming server will always have an advantage over the ones living further away, because they will have less input lag to compensate for, which in my mind completly invalidates the argument about it removing hackers and making games more fair.

Edited by Pant

On 3/14/2019 at 9:50 AM, Pant said:

Internet speed is not increasing, what is increasing is the bandwidth or how many packets you can transfer in a period of time. The time it takes for the packets to travel from A to B ie the ping / latency have been capped at the speed of light for some time, i don't see that changing anytime soon. Latency is the biggest issue for a company like shadow, from what i understand they will try to counter latency by spreading out over many locations and there for lowering the distance and latency to their clients.

I can see this work for rpgs, racing and maybe strategy games. But i don't see this being a thing for the fps marked. Your aim is gonna be so much worse when you have some random input lag based on your ping to the server and your ping to the server is not constant so you can never compensate for it, basically flick aiming and timing shots, reacting to people peeking ect will be complete rng.

The people living closer to the streaming server will always have an advantage over the ones living further away, because they will have less input lag to compensate for, which in my mind completly invalidates the argument about it removing hackers and making games more fair.

Yes and no.  While you are correct about the cap at the speed of light, this is not yet fully being taken advantage of.  There are still many choke points where ISP's and regions, are not fully upgraded to fiber.  At the same time, there are still too many hops in some areas, before you are on the backbone.  This all increases latency.  I do believe that we can get to the point where this latency need not be a game killing issue.  It does not have to be the fastest latency you can have, for the game to be fun and viable.  Better to have everyone experiencing a similar latency.

Until then, some companies could be offering a "hardcore" experience where some servers do not allow the reduction in graphics quality.

Edited by Captain Jack Shadow

On 3/14/2019 at 9:50 AM, Pant said:

Internet speed is not increasing, what is increasing is the bandwidth or how many packets you can transfer in a period of time. The time it takes for the packets to travel from A to B ie the ping / latency have been capped at the speed of light for some time, i don't see that changing anytime soon

thats the dumbest thing ive read this week, internet speeds are capped nowhere near the speed of light, 1. wtf you think cause light travels thru fiber it's running at the speed of light?  2.  how bout the speed of the routers/switches the traffic travels thru? you don't think those devices are getting faster?  huge internet providers using the same equipment they used 10 yrs ago? still be using same equipment in 10 yrs from now?  no dumas.  the media can handle speeds exponentially faster than the equipment connected to it and fortunately the equipment is still constantly being improved.

2 hours ago, baconfudge said:

you think cause light travels thru fiber it's running at the speed of light? 

Yes and no the light will bounce of the walls inside the cable and that will slow it down some and i have not seen any technology improving upon that.

The equipment at the ends is slowing it down yes, but no i don't think that can be improved upon other then laying down more direct cables and skipping hops. The connection going through the sea cables is much faster then the ones on land due to there not being any hops on the way, but i really don't think the equipment is ever gonna make it faster then an uninterupted fiber cable and thats pretty much what we have from EU to US and its anything but low ping. 

Edited by Pant