Daemon Cross

It’s not possible

I’ve been sailing around gathering discovery points and exploring islands since the announcement of the wipe, there are a few people who are still playing the game and making the best of it as they can.

I’ve noticed in my exploration of the islands that some islands have baren landscapes with no resources at all ( none, nota, zilch) but it is still a claimable area. Though you could build here it’s not viable  to haul all your materials into the area.  

We’ve all been saying to limit claims to no more then 5 per account to use across the atlas map, which all sounds good to smaller companies and solo players. Even larger companies would benefit from because the more members they have the more land they accumulate. There in lies the problem. When someone quits playing the game, the land they own and ships they’ve built remain, now being part of a company the ships will transfer ownership as will the land but the idea is to free up the land if someone quits playing.

Let’s say 100 claims per island - beach access only- no one wants to cover up resources further in - so that is 20 people at 5 claims per island and at 500 islands should be 10,000 people right. How would you ever hit the mark of 50,000 players unless you were lawless and people could build on top of one another ?

This is why the developers have chosen to do away with claim flags. 

With that being said I’d like to introduce the new claim flag system ( wood, fiber and thatch) it’s called foundation spamming which isn’t new to people in Ark or lawless areas in Atlas, same principle as pillar spamming. 

Here is my advice, when the wipe happens and the servers restart make plans to call in sick or take a vacation day, that is what I’m opting to do, since any island can now be your home island have a region picked out. No sense in starting at a Freeport and building a ramshackle or raft. Spawn at your home island and create your pickaxe, hatchet and sickle as fast as you can, (hopefully your not in tundra or polar where your going to freeze to death before your able to craft fur armor) start gathering materials and building thatch floors or wooden pillars, ( I think floors have obstruction issues at some places but pillars don’t), take off placing them down in a long line at least until you run into your neighbors foundation, (remind you this could take awhile or or not very long at all) drop back and start again, you’ve now established your claim, length by width.

Enjoy, throw a bed down and jump to the next island, repeat the steps above and now you have multiple claims. Once the 1st day is out of the way( hope you were able to find land) go back and start building your bases.  I hope this guide helps 🙂

Edited by Daemon Cross
  • Like 2

One more thing - remember all you returning players, this is going to be a rush and lag will be extreme, servers will quit responding and you’ll get frustrated. Just switch servers (regions) and try the previous one again later, keep in mind that after the 1st week people will become irritated and quit the game again and the decay timers will kick in, so be patient there will be land.

57 minutes ago, Daemon Cross said:

One more thing - remember all you returning players, this is going to be a rush and lag will be extreme, servers will quit responding and you’ll get frustrated. Just switch servers (regions) and try the previous one again later, keep in mind that after the 1st week people will become irritated and quit the game again and the decay timers will kick in, so be patient there will be land.

I dont think there will be much lags. You will be able to spawn on any of 225 servers (ok lets exclude servers where you freeze to death in 30s, so like 180), population will surely divide 😉 and those servers are much better optimalized and without any structures, boats etc.

Edited by Willard

That’s what is so nice about this new claim system and starting out, you are coming in from  the 1st wipe, all buildings, ships, shipyards, pillars and foundations will be gone. All the players who started with the game then quit and all the current players who remained all get the same benefit, it’s a fresh clean start and plus you get a hat. Doesn’t matter if you played on day 1 and quit or if you played until the wipe happens you still get the hat. Kinda looks like the leather hat that already exist in the game but I don’t think this one has any perks to wearing it, try to put it somewhere safe because if you die and you can’t retrieve your belongings because it glitches into the ground you’ll lose it.

This new system is going to be great, don’t plan on having land if you are a solo player though, remember there is a decay timer that starts on your ships and structures, there is supposed to be a bank to protect your structures but you have to log in and visually look at your ships to keep them from decaying. So don’t plan on having anything in game after you return from a family vacation or a week in the hospital. Look on the positive side though, you get to find land again and rebuild better than it was to begin with.

Edited by Daemon Cross
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 3/12/2019 at 6:15 AM, Daemon Cross said:

That’s what is so nice about this new claim system and starting out, you are coming in from  the 1st wipe, all buildings, ships, shipyards, pillars and foundations will be gone. All the players who started with the game then quit and all the current players who remained all get the same benefit, it’s a fresh clean start and plus you get a hat. Doesn’t matter if you played on day 1 and quit or if you played until the wipe happens you still get the hat. Kinda looks like the leather hat that already exist in the game but I don’t think this one has any perks to wearing it, try to put it somewhere safe because if you die and you can’t retrieve your belongings because it glitches into the ground you’ll lose it.

This new system is going to be great, don’t plan on having land if you are a solo player though, remember there is a decay timer that starts on your ships and structures, there is supposed to be a bank to protect your structures but you have to log in and visually look at your ships to keep them from decaying. So don’t plan on having anything in game after you return from a family vacation or a week in the hospital. Look on the positive side though, you get to find land again and rebuild better than it was to begin with.

Will most likely be like the skins they gave you in Ark and you spawn with it anytime you die.

There will be a million hats by the end of the month.

26 minutes ago, MindOfMadness said:

Will most likely be like the skins they gave you in Ark and you spawn with it anytime you die.

There will be a million hats by the end of the month.

Given the probable timing, it should be an Easter bonnet.

ATF7x9C.jpg

• Like 1

On 3/12/2019 at 8:15 AM, Daemon Cross said:

BUBBALOOEY THINK HAT IS SKIN SO NO LOSS YOU JUST APPLY INFINITE LIKE DINO GAME!

Never played the Dino game Mr. Flintstone, 

Someone else has already explained when you die you can visit the cosmetic vendor and get a replacement 

21 hours ago, Daemon Cross said:

Never played the Dino game Mr. Flintstone, 

Someone else has already explained when you die you can visit the cosmetic vendor and get a replacement 

BUBBALOOEY LIKES YOU. YES GOOD THE DINO GAME IS THE ONE WITH THE HOLY NAME ARK. WE NO SPEAK OF IT, BUT SKIN WORK ABOUT SAME JUST LIKE WHEN YOU BUY WITH GOLD FROM TOWN.

• Like 1