Sign in to follow this  
Konvar

Developer Math

15x15=225 square.

225*4=900 of the islands

900x2 PVE Server=1800 of the islands

1800x30(flag on the island) somewhere about 50000-55000 ATLAS PVE players!

Why don't you give a flag to everyone?

Edited by Konvar

Im guessing 1 or 2 flags per person was just too easy. 

15 minutes ago, LifelessGamer said:

This is utterly meaningless at this point in time. Thats a disingenuous stat to toss up.

7 minutes ago, Chucksteak said:

This is utterly meaningless at this point in time. Thats a disingenuous stat to toss up.

Real time stats on the live servers are disingenuous how?

4 minutes ago, LifelessGamer said:
13 minutes ago, Chucksteak said:

With wipe comming.

Just now, LifelessGamer said:

It's because everyone expects there to be hardly anyone playing. You are using those stats as if that is the playerbase, when we all know that many have stopped playing until AFTER the wipe.

You showing those stats ARE meaningless in the current situation.

2 minutes ago, [GP] Guybrush Threepwood said:

It's because everyone expects there to be hardly anyone playing. You are using those stats as if that is the playerbase, when we all know that many have stopped playing until AFTER the wipe.

You showing those stats ARE meaningless in the current situation.

You not liking the numbers doesn't make them disingenuous.

The best anyone could say is after the patch they would like to see where the numbers stabilize..  We all know that more won't return than will.  After the patch hits look at the numbers, that will be the best it will be for this game.

6 minutes ago, LifelessGamer said:

You not liking the numbers doesn't make them disingenuous.

The best anyone could say is after the patch they would like to see where the numbers stabilize..  We all know that more won't return than will.  After the patch hits look at the numbers, that will be the best it will be for this game.

Actually it is disingenuous. I never said anything about not liking the numbers, but the fact that you show those numbers as being the true playerbase is an attempt to pretend that there is not a good reason for them so when people see it they will think that is a true representation of the playerbase. So yes, it does make them disingenuous.

Just to point out that it is also the middle of the day in the EU and morning in the Americas on a normal weekday. Not exactly peak player times.

2 minutes ago, [GP] Guybrush Threepwood said:

Actually it is disingenuous. I never said anything about not liking the numbers, but the fact that you show those numbers as being the true playerbase is an attempt to pretend that there is not a good reason for them so when people see it they will think that is a true representation of the playerbase. So yes, it does make them disingenuous.

Correct, I said you don't like them.  The numbers are real, you going "ya butttt"  means you just don't like them.  You go on to misread the data: True playerbase is not what that site gives, it gives the current online players for the official servers-nothing more.

26 minutes ago, Pizik said:

Just to point out that it is also the middle of the day in the EU and morning in the Americas on a normal weekday. Not exactly peak player times.

You can check out the site during peak time.  I found it interesting in not the numbers I was expecting when I checked over the weekend.

29 minutes ago, LifelessGamer said:

Correct, I said you don't like them.  The numbers are real, you going "ya butttt"  means you just don't like them.  You go on to misread the data: True playerbase is not what that site gives, it gives the current online players for the official servers-nothing more.

I neither like them nor dislike them, that's because I understand why they are low. They are expected to be low. Why on earth would anyone that expects the numbers to be as they are dislike them? There is no point in anyone commenting on how low the numbers are right now because people know why they are low.

You really are coming up with some crap aren't ya.

37 minutes ago, [GP] Guybrush Threepwood said:

I neither like them nor dislike them, that's because I understand why they are low. They are expected to be low. Why on earth would anyone that expects the numbers to be as they are dislike them? There is no point in anyone commenting on how low the numbers are right now because people know why they are low.

You really are coming up with some crap aren't ya.

Who was claiming numbers to be disingenuous?  Synonyms of disingenuous are distorted, misrepresented, twisted, ect.  Almost like you don't like what you see.  The truth is, numbers are what they are.  They are neither low nor high.

I find the numbers very telling in a number of ways.  One example is we know there were  thousand strong companies, they're gone.  Will the come back-some-but most won't because it is a pain to.  If the small groups left and are in the middle of a different game I'm not sure they will drop that in numbers to return after the patch.  Lets be frank, idk if the patch will even be an upgrade to the game.

One problem with your math:  You didn't account for freeports, lawless, and Golden Age areas. Its more like 400+200 new islands.

3 hours ago, Chucksteak said:

Im guessing 1 or 2 flags per person was just too easy. 

So true... but the number of customers dont seem to bother them. Maybe they made enough money with the game already ?

Astonishing ! My boss always asks for new customers. 

But the techniques Grapeshot/Wildcard is using to drive customers away are really unmatched !

I've played well over 600 hours.  I played with all the bugs and glitches, some I know will be fixed, some I know will never be fixed because they are the same glitches that have always existed in Ark.

I've even been playing a lot since they announced the wipe.  Leveling ships by hunting SoTD, trying crazy ship and building builds.  With 6x harvesting why not try crazy things, it's not like wasting mats.

I've been sailing around gathering different mats to make high end blueprint stuff.  All in all, I've really enjoyed the game.

But, I guess I'm finally done.  Why?  ""Host Connection Timeout"  I haven't been able to log in for over 12 hours now.

Despite all the flaws and what I consider bad decisions, I really enjoy the game.  I would like to play, but if I can't, I'm done.

1 hour ago, LifelessGamer said:

Who was claiming numbers to be disingenuous?  Synonyms of disingenuous are distorted, misrepresented, twisted, ect.  Almost like you don't like what you see.  The truth is, numbers are what they are.  They are neither low nor high.

Definition of disingenuous: not candid or sincere, typically by pretending that one knows less about something than one really does.

People posting these player figures to claim how dead or failing the game is in an attempt to make it look like numbers are really low for reasons they are not. Most people know why they are low and expected them to be low, whereas new people wouldn't necessarily know the reason.

But I can see you are trolling now by repeatedly claiming I don't like the numbers.

31 minutes ago, [GP] Guybrush Threepwood said:

Definition of disingenuous: not candid or sincere, typically by pretending that one knows less about something than one really does.

People posting these player figures to claim how dead or failing the game is in an attempt to make it look like numbers are really low for reasons they are not. Most people know why they are low and expected them to be low, whereas new people wouldn't necessarily know the reason.

But I can see you are trolling now by repeatedly claiming I don't like the numbers.

When you're figuring number of claims needed, those numbers don't matter anyway because that's concurrent players.  It's not like when you log off for the night, your claim is magically replaced with one for the player that's just getting online...

wait a minute...there's an idea...:classic_laugh:

3 hours ago, [GP] Guybrush Threepwood said:

I could really care less what the numbers are, I have no effect on what they are.  I have a vested interest in the numbers being high actually (I paid for the game/own a copy/game itself is fine and the problem is with the rules.)  I have no want or need to tear the game down.  Ones tearing the game down so far are the devs, all what you see is the result of them.  Can they get people to return?  Time will tell.

If you like the numbers then why the excuses for them being low?  Why so defensive if they show everything is fine?  That was all said in a positive way though right?

yall act like PC is gonna be the only platform this game will be on after completion. the game will go on, with or without your participation. other platforms will probably have more players online at one time compared to pc so ironing out the issues now, while it's primarily on pc, is imperative. And lets be real, chinese player cafe's, mega tribes and mega tribes alliance with other mega tribes are not really gonna be a thing  on other platforms.

Edited by Enki Anunnaki

2 hours ago, Enki Anunnaki said:

yall act like PC is gonna be the only platform this game will be on after completion. the game will go on, with or without your participation. other platforms will probably have more players online at one time compared to pc so ironing out the issues now, while it's primarily on pc, is imperative. And lets be real, chinese player cafe's, mega tribes and mega tribes alliance with other mega tribes are not really gonna be a thing  on other platforms.

This game will only do well on console if they iron out a lot of the issues on pc first.

console is more casual so I would expect more anti random and offline pvp stuff in future as well.

In terms of numbers they really don't mean anything during this phase of ea. This is about getting the core game mechanics running in a way that works best for the majority. It is expected that a "bad" patch will drop numbers and a "good" one will bring them back. The numbers won't matter for another 6-12 months when the game should be less volatile and people can just worry about playing not worry about which bug is going to delete what.

17 hours ago, Konvar said:

15x15=225 square.

225*4=900 of the islands

900x2 PVE Server=1800 of the islands

1800x30(flag on the island) somewhere about 50000-55000 ATLAS PVE players!

Why don't you give a flag to everyone?

They have limited 1 flag per person, but 1 flag can claim a small island which has less rank. Wait till the test server is updated to see what they come up with.

On 3/12/2019 at 8:18 PM, Maji said:

One problem with your math:  You didn't account for freeports, lawless, and Golden Age areas. Its more like 400+200 new islands.

I agree. It is not accurate.

This is better than believing in good landlords!

After cleaning, if the new landlord system does not work, everyone will leave ATLAS.

(bought conan yesterday. 50% discount. 14.03. the test is missing. New Atlas no.)