Sign in to follow this  
eagle1977

Server Wipe - XP

Our group hope that ther are positiv effects after server wipe and we can live with that, that we have to build new houses, ships, etc. But why we loose our xp?

Secondly, since ATLAS launched as an Early Access title, there have been a number of bugs, exploits, and patches made to the game that have had a significant impact on the state of the persistent world. A number of players have benefited or have suffered grievances due to these various since-fixed issues, whether they were taking advantage of crafting exploits, alpha babies, duping, or had their boats sunk by Gatling Ship of the Damned.

As such, being a game that is focused on players building an empire, claiming and ruling over what’s theirs, and being the hero or villain they were meant to be; we believe that a wipe is necessary to put everyone back on an even playing field.

Furthermore, we’ve been a little more soft in some cases when it came to players taking advantage of these game exploits. After the first wipe has taken place in March, that will no longer be the case. We will still prioritize fixing issues/bugs/exploits, so we encourage you to work with us when you’ve discovered something that could be exploitable. That is our mandate, fixing and resolving game problems, however we’ll be taking a more firm stance against the serious cases where a company has used an exploit without coming forward which could result in company-wide and or alliance-wide punishments.

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, eagle1977 said:

Our group hope that ther are positiv effects after server wipe and we can live with that, that we have to build new houses, ships, etc. But why we loose our xp?

Yes, after the wipe you will lose everything. It will be like you played the game for the first time.

46 minutes ago, Wichtelman said:

Secondly, since ATLAS launched as an Early Access title, there have been a number of bugs, exploits, and patches made to the game that have had a significant impact on the state of the persistent world. A number of players have benefited or have suffered grievances due to these various since-fixed issues, whether they were taking advantage of crafting exploits, alpha babies, duping, or had their boats sunk by Gatling Ship of the Damned.

Thx 4 answer. Bad for the player who doesn´t exploit

I think there is a positive side to the character wipe as well.  Although, it's sad I'm going to lose my levels (level 66), I've seen players well above level 70 and it was becoming more and more common.  

A lot of those characters may have leveled up killing alpha creatures when they gave multiple levels per kill at launch, or exploited the day where discoveries counted as 3 discovery points.  These characters were well on their way to level 90 long before we would break upper 60s. 

Now, I'm excited to see everyone on equal footing again as far as levels go.  Sorry that you had to lose your character's levels too

Levels doesn’t matter. You’re level 50 within a few hours. It’s about the discovery notes, but yeah. Gotta live with it. 

58 minutes ago, Smokey Bones said:

I think there is a positive side to the character wipe as well.  Although, it's sad I'm going to lose my levels (level 66), I've seen players well above level 70 and it was becoming more and more common.  

A lot of those characters may have leveled up killing alpha creatures when they gave multiple levels per kill at launch, or exploited the day where discoveries counted as 3 discovery points.  These characters were well on their way to level 90 long before we would break upper 60s. 

Now, I'm excited to see everyone on equal footing again as far as levels go.  Sorry that you had to lose your character's levels too

Easy to lvl 70 if you are part of the zerg. Even the smaller tribes can kill 3 whales for 150 points, and do powerstone while ballistaing hydras etc for another decent boost. But only the zerg have beds on every region for easy discovery point, pushing them past 70.

Smaller companies can do that as well.  Just need someone willing to sail around dropping hidden beds.   I am excited to rebuild my character and work my way up.  Should be good times watching everyone bitch and moan about not being able to build everything.  Back to beating on trees and stone with fists for a bit.  🙂 

Edited by DocHolliday

17 minutes ago, gnihar said:

Easy to lvl 70 if you are part of the zerg. Even the smaller tribes can kill 3 whales for 150 points, and do powerstone while ballistaing hydras etc for another decent boost. But only the zerg have beds on every region for easy discovery point, pushing them past 70.

Good point!  Although, I believe large groups will always have some advantage over smaller groups due to numbers.  How do you think the new cap on company size and the changes to alliances will impact how effectively large groups can get discovery points?

Also, with the additional islands they are adding, do you think it will be easier to get discovery points with more locations available in game?

Edited by Smokey Bones

In the Livestream where Jat confirmed the wipe, he briefly mentioned that one of the reasons for the wipe is to address issues that cannot be corrected any other way.  He didn't elaborate, so we don't have any way of knowing what those issues are.  But it's clear that if they are doing a 100% wipe, that some of the issues were in the code for characters.

• Thanks 1

Its always the easiest to wipe. so wipe away. Its going to happen many more times before the game is fully released. js folks. Its exactly what EA is designed for. Hopefully they get their testers back.

9 hours ago, DOA said:

Hopefully they get their testers back.

We play every day and many Island on pve eu are empty. Ther must br an rubric at atlas wiki... Can confirm: Found human on m10 🤣

On 3/12/2019 at 5:11 PM, Smokey Bones said:

Good point!  Although, I believe large groups will always have some advantage over smaller groups due to numbers.  How do you think the new cap on company size and the changes to alliances will impact how effectively large groups can get discovery points?

Also, with the additional islands they are adding, do you think it will be easier to get discovery points with more locations available in game?

On your first question, my estimation is, large companies will devise of ways to circumvent that cap or they had already. They will split into many smaller companies and have subsidiaries that will claim the world. The cap is nothing but an annoyance for them. Unless devs enforce it personally and manually wipe abusing zerg companies for circumventing the rules. Which I doubt would happen.

Secondly, with the ability to spawn anywhere I think discovery points will be easier than ever, but I am not sure if the devs will leave discovery mechanic as it is.