Sign in to follow this  
Draalei

Host Connection Timeout

Question

Posted (edited)

Been trying to connect to the game for several hours now.  I load into the game and wait for things to render in.  After about 30 seconds, I get a kicked with a "Host Connection Timeout" "Lost/timedout connection to host" message.

I've tried lowering my graphics settings, doesn't have any effect.

ATLAS: [NA PVE] The Hydra's Den

REGION: Atlas_O3

Edited by Draalei
Added Server Info
  • Like 3

15 answers to this question

Posted (edited)

exactly the same 💩

and strange render things -  rendering all objects that  was before building near the spawn place. then they disappear and boom little freeze -> timeout. 

PVE EU / E9

upd. still there. but once got a new error. something about "outgoing buffer .. bla bla bla "

Edited by KimRSQ
update
  • Like 1

NA PVE Server K8 has been that way since yesterday 255 ping for everyone our whole company cant log in in any way for more then 10 sec before kicked

we all run 1Gb or better speeds and normal ping is 36 -55 for us
  • Like 1

Hey guys,

It looks like you started to experience this issue since .31 went live.

Would you be able to get me your CCC and server network?

I assume you've gone into your settings and reduced the following option: Client Network Bandwidth from Epic to something lower.

Thanks!

• Like 1

3d day without any solution and any ticket response. Poor starving animals and npc... 😥 looks like devs don't want 2 work😁.

15 minutes ago, Jatheish said:

Hey guys,

It looks like you started to experience this issue since .31 went live.

Would you be able to get me your CCC and server network? 

I assume you've gone into your settings and reduced the following option: Client Network Bandwidth from Epic to something lower.

Thanks!

tried 2 reduce a few minutes ago. doesnt help

Edited by KimRSQ
  • Like 1

My ccc  EUPVE/ E9 cheat TP E9 138412 364445 655

other guy ccc NAPVE cheat TP O3 -127056 141846 292

tried all options of  Client Network Bandwidth. ping 255 => timeout

tried - deleting saved config, updating drivers, changing game settings, router DMZ, disabling ISP firewall, changing network controller from integrate 2 pcie card,  game reinstalling with cleaning registry etc. looks like this is just a serverside issue.  

ps. made all of this useless stuff because a few days ago made a big PC upgrade - mb/cpu/ram 😆  just 4 2 be sure. 

Edited by KimRSQ
  • Like 1

It has been over 31 hours and still there is no solution, or even an acknowledgement of the problem.  Since there has been no update to my problem, I will post what I have been able to find out.

I was finally able to die by starving to death (and believe me, it took a long time since I could only stay logged on 30 seconds at a time).

I respawned at our auxiliary base in O6.  No problem loading in server ping 55.

I died and respawned at my home server of A6.  Again, no problems.  Server ping 55.

I died again and respawned at our base in O6.  Again no problem, server ping still 55.

I build a sloop and sailed from O6 to O3.  No problems along the way.  Server ping for O5 and O4, still 55.

I got to O3, and the server ping jumped to 75, and then settled back down to 55.  When I got within site of our base in O3 (on Fairboia Island) I started noticing lag spikes, with ping jumping to around 200 and then settling down.  Once everything rendered in and the ping settled down, I played for a couple of hours with no problems.

After taking care of some chores, I logged out.  Server ping at this time was 50. 

I waited a few minutes, and then tried to log back in.  The "Host Connection Timeout" problem immediately happened again.  The base starts to render in, everything freezes, and I get a timeout. Server ping is 255.

My coordinates (using CCC) are cheat TP O3 -127056 141846 292.

• Like 2

Just a note to everyone, this bug report will be more likely to get attention if you upvote the initial post.  That keeps it at the top of the list.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, KimRSQ said:

the devs team are currently preparing for major update. sooo.... 🤔

What good is a major update, if after it is released, you still can't log into the game?

I had hoped that the latest patch would address this issue, but still having the same problem.

Over three days, and still can't log into my base in O3.

59 minutes ago, Draalei said:

What good is a major update, if after it is released, you still can't log into the game?

I had hoped that the latest patch would address this issue, but still having the same problem.

Over three days, and still can't log into my base in O3.

i mean devs is 2 busy now. our problems isnt matter for them right now.  new issues  may occur after release major update . then they can add up all accumulated issues in one shithole and slowly  begin 2 solve them.  they can not interrupt big important develop process because a few player have issues . i can understand this.  i have prepared galleon  in the shipyard just in case if npc starving to death and ships decay while ill be offline because of my surgery operation in late march. hope they fix our issue before it and my animals will be able to survive my offline period. if not and i cant feed animals right before surgery they probably shall be dead. 😥

sry 4 my Eng . not my native lng.

Edited by KimRSQ

For those of you who just need to get to your base to feed your tames and take care of your crews, there is a work-around.

It's a total pain in the ass work-around, but it is a work-around.

1.  Die.  This could take some time, since you probably have to starve to death, and at 30 seconds each log in, it takes awhile.

2.  Respawn at a remote base, ship, or your home server.

3.  Build a ship (I did a schooner, buy you can do a sloop or whatever).

4.  Sail the ship to your base.  As you get close, you will experience lag spikes, so approach slowly.

5.  Anchor the ship, and take care of your chores.

6.  When you are ready to log out, take the ship out of render range (preferably somewhere you can anchor it).  Next time you log in, sail the ship back to your base.  Rinse and repeat whenever you want to play.

my solution.

1. Push "Join new atlas"

2. select yr server .

3. select region and join

my base at e9 . first time i try to join E4 => timeout . second try to join O* and vualya spawn at the same place where i got disconnects but now connection become  normal . 

Edited by KimRSQ

4 hours ago, KimRSQ said:

my solution.

1. Push "Join new atlas"

2. select yr server .

3. select region and join

my base at e9 . first time i try to join E4 => timeout . second try to join O* and vualya spawn at the same place where i got disconnects but now connection become  normal . 

Tried that multiple times.  Doesn't work for me.

Just an FYI for those who don't use Discord:

JatToday at 3:19 AM

Not worthy of an @news but to keep ya in the loop, we are working on an update with a bunch of hotfixes that we'd like to deploy sometime in the next few hours, but we'll see how it goes. Primarily iterating on the disconnecting issue that players are experiencing with large bases atm. Not sure if it'll be able to be resolved tonight as it's a doozy, but we'll see. Don't think this will be a major version update but we'll know once we've sorted out this replication issue.
Edited by Draalei

Some added info as I've been fighting the Host Connection Timeout issue upon login for several days.  Basically you log in, can move for about 30s, then it gets stuck for a few seconds then goes to Host Connection Timeout.  Repeat, and eventually after 20-30 attempts, I can stay in, usually after I move away from the base. 

After many experiments, I discovered it only happens when trying to login or bed-into two bases near the shore, and they both had a lighthouse in render range.  One of the lighthouses was mine, so I demolished it.  And voila, gets rid of most of the issue.  Sometimes have 1 Host Connection Timeout still, but no longer takes 20 attempts to log in.

My guess is it is due to large amount of structures rendering in, especially multiple galleons.  And critically exacerbated by a lighthouse.