I just made a raft and sailed out in hopes to find a place of settlement, instead I find every island spammed with flags and there is no point to contest because there are like almost 100 flags everywhere even claiming the ocean. This is insane, well I guess this is what happens when you have 40,000 people on a server. For new sailors out there we cant find any place to stay and there are no open islands. And what is the point to contest land when they have their structures and beds there. They will just claim it back. I hope something gets done about this like the limited number of flags you can place. Also resources aren't respawning. I spent 9 hours looking for a place to live to no avail, overall im just disappointed.

You on a PvP or PvE server. If on PvE I have an island  that littered with claim flags from some other group that's gone you can take over a spot 

I really hope that the DEVS are going to do something about this cause this is just the start of the game and there s not so many places for ppl to enjoy the building part......especially the solo players.....so for the start LET US BUILD ON LAWLESS AREAS ALSO!  There s so many islands we CANNOT CLAIM.....

Edited by Bumbblebee

5 minutes ago, Bumbblebee said:

I really hope that the DEVS are going to do something about this cause this is just the start of the game and there s not so many places for ppl to enjoy the building part......especially the solo players.....so for the start LET US BUILD ON LAWLESS AREAS ALSO!  There s so many islands we CANNOT CLAIM.....

thats the whole reason lawless regions cant be claimed so people can build there sloops and other stuff they need to get started when all other areas are occupied.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, MrSorry said:

thats the whole reason lawless regions cant be claimed so people can build there sloops and other stuff they need to get started when all other areas are occupied.

you can build beds on lawless, but because you can't claim land on lawless you can's spawn in the bed.

45 minutes ago, Bumbblebee said:

Just wait for the first wipe it will happen at least once in EA

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Angrivator said:

you can build beds on lawless, but because you can't claim land on lawless you can's spawn in the bed.

this is true and pretty much the only annoying thing with lawless zones. you can pretty easily build a tiny base and get everything protected. a raft with a bed on it aint to hard to get either.

• Like 1

I just started to play and all I see is claimed lands everywhere. Where to find any? 

Other alternative is to contest a land claim as I understand?

54 minutes ago, Marnics123 said:

I just started to play and all I see is claimed lands everywhere. Where to find any? 

Other alternative is to contest a land claim as I understand?

tbh its broken, you can try to contest and be there hours with no luck or a random runs by and reset its timer or try for lawless but good luck with that as they're already 100% full atm or you can stop playing witch makes the most sense right now or try you hand at unofficals if you can find a server among thousends of crap ones.

@Marnics123   I haven't sailed around yet since everyone says almost all claimable lands have been claimed. So I just went to the first lawless island I found. There I found first a bit of land, and then another bit. So I managed to build a nice base + shipyard on lawless. Only thing is I have to repair base etc at least every 4 days, so it doesn't decay. Since I am playing a lot I don't mind repairing every time I log on. Also I am actually quite relieved being on lawless, to not have to bother about worrying some1 will contest my flag/land.   🙂 Good luck ! 

(I still have some lawless land left that I don't rly need so if you're really in need, just write me and I could give you a bit of lawless land. EU pve server). 

Edited by NoobieDooz

On 12/25/2018 at 4:45 PM, Goldfish The Builder said:

You can contest a land claim! Have to fight for what you want, find a large island with lots of Companys and carve out a spot for your self!

Well...you MIGHT be able to contest. Aside from the upkeep timer, you have the issue of players who may not even play anymore but still have their bodies in their claims, in which case you can't contest the claim because their presence despite not logging in for weeks or ever, prevents the claim from being taken. On pvp servers that's not an issue, you hack your way in and hack them to bits...but on pve servers, the environment the claim contesting system was designed for, you can't do that.

Honestly, for claims to work, ALL claims that do not have an upkeep timer should take a decay rate on that flag. If you log in or refresh the upkeep on it, it will halt the decay process while it has an upkeep timer. However, you will have to repair your flag. At the end of the decay process if you haven't renewed upkeep, your flag disappears and your body is automatically killed forcing a respawn. This paves the way for the land to be freed up for people who will actually play and not log out for months at a time or who have quit the game all together.

3 minutes ago, Tobias said:

Well...you MIGHT be able to contest. Aside from the upkeep timer, you have the issue of players who may not even play anymore but still have their bodies in their claims, in which case you can't contest the claim because their presence despite not logging in for weeks or ever, prevents the claim from being taken. On pvp servers that's not an issue, you hack your way in and hack them to bits...but on pve servers, the environment the claim contesting system was designed for, you can't do that.

Honestly, for claims to work, ALL claims that do not have an upkeep timer should take a decay rate on that flag. If you log in or refresh the upkeep on it, it will halt the decay process while it has an upkeep timer. However, you will have to repair your flag. At the end of the decay process if you haven't renewed upkeep, your flag disappears and your body is automatically killed forcing a respawn. This paves the way for the land to be freed up for people who will actually play and not log out for months at a time or who have quit the game all together.

ye that maks sense, otherwise the game is just gonna be tons of players sleeping in houses with land that cant be claimed or they have to wipe the servers.

On 12/25/2018 at 10:45 PM, Goldfish The Builder said:

You can contest a land claim! Have to fight for what you want, find a large island with lots of Companys and carve out a spot for your self!

No, you can not. 100% of all islands are owned by large megatribes, even tundra and ice.

HaHaHa..what ? Contesting them ? How ? Even if they dont use the daisy chain exploit you need 5:30 hours per flag. If after 4 hours a random player kills a sheep near that flag the 5:30 hours start from scratch.

But the propability is much higher, that the 200 tribe members hunt you down, at least that is what i experienced. Even if you are lucky and own land after 5:30 hours because the owning megatribe is lazy or stupid... lets assume that you manage to build a big stone cube fast... believe me they will mortar down every single stone of your base, even if they need hours.

This is only theory, all big tribes know and use the daisy chain bug : If you own land on one part of your island but there is no player or sleeper near by, this land can still not be claimed, if claim circles overlap (what they do in 100% of the cases). It is enough if the owning tribe has a sleeper or player farfar away on the other side of the island inside their main base.

Edited by Talono

6 minutes ago, Talono said:

No, you can not. 100% of all islands are owned by large megatribes, even tundra and ice.

HaHaHa..what ? Contesting them ? How ? Even if they dont use the daisy chain exploit you need 5:30 hours per flag. If after 4 hours a random player kills a sheep near that flag the 5:30 hours start from scratch.

But the propability is much higher, that the 200 tribe members hunt you down, at least that is what i experienced. Even if you are lucky and own land after 5:30 hours because the owning megatribe us lazy or stupid... lets assume that you manage to build a big stone cube fast... believe me they will mortar down every single stone of your base, even if they need hours.

My 3 person company with few claims is megatribe 😄 
My neighbor solo player is a megatribe 😄 
My other 5(?) players company is a megatribe 🤪
My nearby islands neighbours (with similar companies) are megatribes :skull:

Everyone a megatribe! Even if solo! 🤪

So keep away! We are megatribes and you can't claim us! 

On the other hand current claiming timeline is messed up - probably a bug? Either way, devs flipped timings from "doable, just irritating for everyone, both claiming person and defender" to "I don't have to care about my claim at all, it's impossible to claim". 

Edited by Elrood

On 12/25/2018 at 6:31 AM, Electrcz said:

I just made a raft and sailed out in hopes to find a place of settlement, instead I find every island spammed with flags and there is no point to contest because there are like almost 100 flags everywhere even claiming the ocean. This is insane, well I guess this is what happens when you have 40,000 people on a server. For new sailors out there we cant find any place to stay and there are no open islands. And what is the point to contest land when they have their structures and beds there. They will just claim it back. I hope something gets done about this like the limited number of flags you can place. Also resources aren't respawning. I spent 9 hours looking for a place to live to no avail, overall im just disappointed.

Even though I understand where you are coming from, it won’t happen.

claimibg was on their priority list but they came out with the neutral land tax idea.

that did fix some of the issue so not they have dropped it to the bottom of the list to work on more important things like the pve  ship sinking weright glitch and the OP alpha predators. 

Since the tax was initiated I doubt they will be working on claims right now. And to be honest they would look pretty bad if they continued to work on claims when as far as anyone else can’t see they literally haven’t don’t anything as far as the pve weight grieving goes. That has been around since day 1 so I am sure people would get mad if they continue yes to work on the claiming.

long story short. If you do what they should be doing, claiming won’t be worked on anytime soon

4 minutes ago, Realist said:

Even though I understand where you are coming from, it won’t happen.

claimibg was on their priority list but they came out with the neutral land tax idea.

that did fix some of the issue so not they have dropped it to the bottom of the list to work on more important things like the pve  ship sinking weright glitch and the OP alpha predators. 

Since the tax was initiated I doubt they will be working on claims right now. And to be honest they would look pretty bad if they continued to work on claims when as far as anyone else can’t see they literally haven’t don’t anything as far as the pve weight grieving goes. That has been around since day 1 so I am sure people would get mad if they continue yes to work on the claiming.

long story short. If you do what they should be doing, claiming won’t be worked on anytime soon

it fixed nothing, in fact it just gave players more offical ways to troll others in pve.

pvp it could be used for allys so it has some uses there but pve its a joke.

1 minute ago, Sketch said:

it fixed nothing, in fact it just gave players more offical ways to troll others in pve.

pvp it could be used for allys so it has some uses there but pve its a joke.

I know man. I didn’t say it actually fixed anything. I said they implemented something to make it possible to own land even though you have to pay for it(paraphrased).

that and now that they have done it I am pretty sure the pve ship sinking exploit is worse because if you don’t even have a boat you won’t be able to go get land in the first place so I am pretty sure that out weighs the current claim situation 

I went up the North to closes island. I play on PVE EU server. So at the coast, every bit is covered with shipyards etc. i was able just to anchor myself a bit with my small raft to get some fresh meat and try to survive in wilderness.. yeah.  @NOOBIEDOOZ  yeah, I will try to contact You, if I wont have luck.

Currently I am on solo playing.

On 12/25/2018 at 3:31 PM, Electrcz said:

If you want that after a month of play, the players would have reserved a piece of land for you when you came to play ... You have to wait, keep looking or join a company, like everyone else does.

Honestly, if I didn't already have a spot (literally ONE claim for our company of 7, that's all we could get), I would be on an unofficial server. I will eventually get my own private server because it's just too crowded. It breaks immersion when every single island is completely ringed by ships  and shipyards. Not to mention a 30% tax just about everywhere you go (besides freeport and lawless).

This is still an issue. I recently started and have nowhere to go. With only one official dedicated server for PVE/PVP, and the map being honestly pretty small, options are just too limited.