zRni

Ship Decay Rates?

Anyone know if decay rates have anything to do with weight?

Maybe the ships are overloaded?

My sloop is ready to launch but I don't want to drop it until I figure this out...

Just now, Poot Pootington said:

Anyone know if decay rates have anything to do with weight?

Maybe the ships are overloaded?

My sloop is ready to launch but I don't want to drop it until I figure this out...

dont drop it until patched. Weight will speed up decay but you can tell by opening ship properties and seeing current weight and weight limit. If you have claimed land drop anchor within your spot and less decay. NEVER park it at a Freeport will go poof in hours.

Something does seem off. I'm not noticing decay at all. I logged off anchored just offshore of a lawless island about 12 hrs ago on my raft with about 9k hp left (had a few croc run ins yhat damaged it). After seeing this post I logged back in to check and it still had about 9k hp left. So maybe just anchoring near any non freeport land is the key?

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, jabnlab said:

Something does seem off. I'm not noticing decay at all. I logged off anchored just offshore of a lawless island about 12 hrs ago on my raft with about 9k hp left (had a few croc run ins yhat damaged it). After seeing this post I logged back in to check and it still had about 9k hp left. So maybe just anchoring near any non freeport land is the key?

Maybe but come next patch if you anchor a sloop next to a lawless island it will be stolen in 2 hours time. 30 mins for a raft! Remember that people can spawn on lawless islands so they will and then search island for boats to steal with no penalty to themselves but to spawn and repeat. Where do I hide my boat so I can sleep in real life?

Edited by trik

1 minute ago, trik said:

Maybe but come next patch if you anchor a sloop next to a lawless island it will be stolen in 2 hours time. 30 mins for a raft! Remember that people can spawn on lawless islands so they will and then search island for boats to steal with no penalty to themselves but to spawn and repeat.

Fortunantly I'm on pve and ship stealing on pve was patched yesterday, but I see your point on a pvp server.

Just now, jabnlab said:

Fortunantly I'm on pve and ship stealing on pve was patched yesterday, but I see your point on a pvp server.

Yeah I am seriously considering going PVE maybe its the best for a solo player but I need content to be happy.

6 minutes ago, trik said:

Yeah I am seriously considering going PVE maybe its the best for a solo player but I need content to be happy.

I'm too casual to survive pvp in Atlas. I play with just my wife maybe a dozen hrs a week. But we managed to get almost 2k hrs each in ark with just doing pve so we are pretty good at finding stuff to do, lol. I get my pvp fix from Destiny 2.

Edited by jabnlab

8 hours for a raft is too short. People work 8 hours. What about the casuals?

8 hours for a raft is too short. People work 8 hours.

make sure you ship is anchored , tehn no more than 100-200 damage overnight , 

Are you putting anything on the ship that makes it overweight? The threshold for overweight is not 100% either, more like 80%.

i went to bed and as soon as i woke up my ship is under water. 8 hrs 30 min and my ships under water. how in the hell can one keep a ship if you have a job and sleep.

• Like 1

Just wait until you finally get to an island to call home and 4 duped Brigs pull up full of Chinese people and zerg you within seconds. lol This game is so broken right now and desperately needs to be wiped. I'm sure they have a plan, but I sure hope they do it sooner than later. 

Anchored ( with the icon above it) my raft and my sloop takes 0 damage on lawless islands. Anyway would be nice to see clarifications on the rates when it takes damage and how its calculated as many other mechanics in this game =p.

I just bought this game, and I'm here reading this thinking about quitting already.

Has Ship decay been reduced?

Players ships should last at least a week REAL TIME.