45 minutes ago, GrantX said:

I use Nitrado, there are 4 tiles, you can expand this to multiple servers to create a larger world. 1 tile per server.

So you have 4 servers. One tile per server? But the key question is if you want for example 25 tiles, you would need more then one dedicated server box, and you would have to link them so its seemless transferring

2 minutes ago, Ronnie said:

So you have 4 servers. One tile per server? But the key question is if you want for example 25 tiles, you would need more then one dedicated server box, and you would have to link them so its seemless transferring

Correct, Nitrado allows you to do this. 

Just now, GrantX said:

Correct, Nitrado allows you to do this. 

Good news, so if nitrado allows multiple separate server boxes linked, then theres hope for the rest of us once devs release files

4 minutes ago, Ronnie said:

Good news, so if nitrado allows multiple separate server boxes linked, then theres hope for the rest of us once devs release files

Well I wish you luck. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, GrantX said:

Well I wish you luck. 

Nitrado is just Using Ssh link to allow cluster betwin tiles, its basicly the same things that they are using with Ark server
With a linux server it will be the same for Ark
With windows you will need a sync tool or to use the windows shared files option of windows server 2008 and 2012

I don't think it would be super hard no harder then doing a multi machine cluster on ark using a shared cluster folder thru windows share or something I have 6x decent systems in my rack so as soon as they give me the steamapp id I can start playing

hardest thing will be using there tool lol and setting upthe islands where u want them ect

I cnat see why u would need them on separate vms servers ect u should still be able to use the one system with the different ports

Edited by erall0

28 minutes ago, erall0 said:

I don't think it would be super hard no harder then doing a multi machine cluster on ark using a shared cluster folder thru windows share or something I have 6x decent systems in my rack so as soon as they give me the steamapp id I can start playing

hardest thing will be using there tool lol and setting upthe islands where u want them ect

I cnat see why u would need them on separate vms servers ect u should still be able to use the one system with the different ports

I'm running multiple Dell servers in a rack. I use a virtualization platform called Proxmox for VMs. I have to be able to use multiple VMs linked to spread the resources among my physical hosts properly. Granted, I am probably shooting for a bigger goal in an unofficial server than most.

similar to what I have i may need to run proxmox if it has to be done via separate vms