Sign in to follow this  
Remo

Yet another land claim idea/solution

Yes not everyone will agree but here goes. im thinking PVE but could work in PVP too, nice raging neighbor battles

The islands should have predetermined land lots, that are shaped in long strips going from the ocean towards the middle of the island.

This would allow every claim to have ocean access for shipyards, as well as have a good area to get mats from.

1 claim per player, companies can try and claim strips that are together.

The larger islands could easily have 100+ strip claims, everyone has peace of mind of knowing yay this is my parcel and no one will grief my build here

Strips could be about 5 -10 lighthouses wide, which  would be more than enough for any mega building projects

irl this method was used in farmland grants to avoid someone from blocking off access to a waterway such as a river, it was a solution that worked in real life griefing, and could work in atlas too.

I know some people will say but but but, i wanna be able to grab the best land blah blah dont cookie cutter me or ill rage quit etc...

But tbh if a little bit of cookie cutter solves most of the unpleasantness of the claim system why not?

just an idea which needs to be fleshed out more.

Edited by Remo
  • Like 1

largely the same as the hex grid method except there will be less flags in total but it restricts a person from claiming just coastline areas.

In reality there is little use for non-coastal land except gathering and I would anticipate if they used a limited flag numbers option very few people would claim non-coastal land.

2 hours ago, microphobe said:

largely the same as the hex grid method except there will be less flags in total but it restricts a person from claiming just coastline areas.

In reality there is little use for non-coastal land except gathering and I would anticipate if they used a limited flag numbers option very few people would claim non-coastal land.

For PvE, yes.  PvP putting base jsut outside the reach of cannons on ships is useful.    The resources on the island is why you want to own it for the taxes.  But in PvE I think taxes are very stupid.