Sign in to follow this  
Lazro

20th goes live on test servers not official

If you read the captains log...It says its going on the test server not the official?! so another month before its released then?!?!

Yes.  Once the patch is deployed on the test servers, players will have the opportunity to help find bugs and unexpected issues with the changes.  Based on the bugs that are discovered during the test period, the developers will likely make changes to the code and re-deploy a new, better version of the patch to the test servers.  This iteration will continue for a period of time until the developers are comfortable with the state of the patch.  

Edited by Smokey Bones

Would rather a wipe of official and make that the PTS til its ready then rewipe to start fresh!  Miss playing and there is no reason to log on if its gonna be gone in a few days.  At least we could experience something new and look forward to the "ReLaunch" of Atlas!

The Devs originally said the PTR would last a week before the live wipe and update, so for now all we know is it will still be a week not a month. So wipe is expected around 27th March. However, who knows what mess the PTR will find.

40 minutes ago, [GP] Guybrush Threepwood said:

The Devs originally said the PTR would last a week before the live wipe and update, so for now all we know is it will still be a week not a month. So wipe is expected around 27th March. However, who knows what mess the PTR will find.

In my opinion, it's hard to estimate how long PTR will be.  If we login to the test servers and find zero bugs, that would dictate a shorter test cycle.  I think, realistically, the test cycle time frame will be determined based on the number of bugs found and the complexity / difficulty for the devs to fix those issues.

Let's be supportive of the devs right now so that the initial delivery to the test servers will be higher quality, then,  we'll find less bugs on the test server when the time comes 😂

1 hour ago, Smokey Bones said:

In my opinion, it's hard to estimate how long PTR will be.  If we login to the test servers and find zero bugs, that would dictate a shorter test cycle.  I think, realistically, the test cycle time frame will be determined based on the number of bugs found and the complexity / difficulty for the devs to fix those issues.

Let's be supportive of the devs right now so that the initial delivery to the test servers will be higher quality, then,  we'll find less bugs on the test server when the time comes 😂

The PTR won't be any shorter than a week, so even if there's no bugs or issues, which lets face it, it is unlikely, they would still keep it running for a week minimum.

Just remember that this company NEVER states a deadline and makes it on time.  This update was supposed to be like late January at one point.  Don't kid yourself.  It will be late May before we see the offical wipe.

A20th release to live servers would be  A catastrophe. They shouldn’t release the game with Division 2 coming out everyone will be playing they. They need to hype this and let excitement for competing games due out. I’d venture a guess and say early April would be th best timing for relaunch.

49 minutes ago, Noodled Jenkins said:

A20th release to live servers would be  A catastrophe. They shouldn’t release the game with Division 2 coming out everyone will be playing they. They need to hype this and let excitement for competing games due out. I’d venture a guess and say early April would be th best timing for relaunch.

Less players at this point is probably better. We don't need another initial launch fiasco at this point. The player base size is currently small enough for how well the game works, assuming there will be a big boost of players on the day the patch is released, but not too big.

The game is like two years away from release, not sure why everyone is so concerned about whether too few players are playing that game at this point. I assume it can bounce back at a later date, although anything can happen.

we are losing loads of players just knowing a wipe is around the corner. Games come out every day, we will never solve that problem unless you have the best game around of the month. of the month because EA is a flavor of the month. Dayz was there once before too, it was a flavor of the month then they decided to ruin it, and provide shit support.

A wipe should come as soon as possible, for un official and official. The only ones in PVP official are whats left of that cheating crews in each mega tribe alliance. Its a handshake issue over there, but privates are just losing as many players as official right now.

I know played both. You spread out the population, then lose people when you announce too soon we are wiping the servers.

I play the privates. I do see the player attrition, but it has nothing to do with the claim system which is the main focus of this big upcoming update.

Unofficial server have all the other issues that this game has that are driving away players. Things like:

* Servers crashing while you are sailing only to log back in to find your galleon was destroyed by a SotD.

* Tames falling through floors or being eaten right through walls by cobras.

* Tames just flat out disappearing (ships too)

* Game just becoming boring after a bit, as there is a lack of content (PvE wise)

The game has a long ways to go to be a game you will play for thousands of hours like you could ARK. About 500 hours and you might be asking: "what other game should I play until Atlas gets about 10 more updates?"

8 hours ago, wildbill said:

I play the privates. I do see the player attrition, but it has nothing to do with the claim system which is the main focus of this big upcoming update.

Unofficial server have all the other issues that this game has that are driving away players. Things like:

* Servers crashing while you are sailing only to log back in to find your galleon was destroyed by a SotD.

* Tames falling through floors or being eaten right through walls by cobras.

* Tames just flat out disappearing (ships too)

* Game just becoming boring after a bit, as there is a lack of content (PvE wise)

The game has a long ways to go to be a game you will play for thousands of hours like you could ARK. About 500 hours and you might be asking: "what other game should I play until Atlas gets about 10 more updates?"

must have been a weak unrepaired galleon to get sunk by sotd after a dc. tho I never had any dc while sailing.

falling is a issue no doubt, but u can easy kill cobra by setting some tames on patrol

never saw a ship disappearing beside insiding

that's why you should play pvp in a sandbox area

8 hours ago, Arykos said:

never saw a ship disappearing beside insiding

that's why you should play pvp in a sandbox area

You can read about the disappearing ships in the forum. They teleport from where they are anchored to as far away as several grids away. Usually to the border of a grid next to where they were anchored. Usually they can be recovered by fast travel to a bed on the ship. This has happened to me and other players.

Not everyone likes PvP, so not really an option. ARK was plenty of fun PvE, played it for 4,000 hours or so that way. Not sure PvP is really the solution anyway, plenty of threads in here of PvP players quitting too.

I'm going to be playing Atlas a lot longer I think, although I'm guessing I'll take a few breaks and play other games too.

19 hours ago, [GP] Guybrush Threepwood said:

The PTR won't be any shorter than a week, so even if there's no bugs or issues, which lets face it, it is unlikely, they would still keep it running for a week minimum.

Totally agree with you.  I wanted to present the scenario with zero bugs to give perspective on what truly dictates how long PTR will be