sensualtrex

Foundation spam plans for new claim system

The fairly large company I play with has plans to spam foundations on our island so we can prevent enemies and other companies from denying our ability to build and prevent enemies from establishing a base of operations against us.  Anyone else fear this is so going to end up with a foundation every 4 ft across every island?

• Thanks 1

As owner of an Island you have the ability to control who builds on it to some degree. In addition there is a decay system where materials need to be added to some sort of station to maintain buildings. This means anything detached from from your base will decay rapidly most likely if you don't do upkeep.

It could still be an issue where someone could temporarily make your island hell if they came and spammed thatch foundations everywhere as those who control the island would have to go press delete on them

Edited by Mythical Knight
  • Thanks 1

On 3/11/2019 at 2:22 PM, Mythical Knight said:

As owner of an Island you have the ability to control who builds on it to some degree. In addition there is a decay system where materials need to be added to some sort of station to maintain buildings. This means anything detached from from your base will decay rapidly most likely if you don't do upkeep.

It could still be an issue where someone could temporarily make your island hell if they came and spammed thatch foundations everywhere as those who control the island would have to go press delete on them

By rapid decay do you mean 4 days without rendering objects, because that won't be an issue for many groups.  That's how Lawless zones work today and even though I only see 2-5 people in them these days, they are still filled with stone foundations every 4 feet.

On 3/11/2019 at 2:14 PM, EyEamInfidel said:

I hope a system is put in place to not allow single pillars/foundations spammed across a map

Beast gates as well..

They need a gate replacement, like a large stone wall, otherwise people will still always grind them out.   If the game rules allow it the hardcore groups will always make it happen.  The gates/foundation spam ruin the look a beautiful game from the way round 1 turned out.   

On 3/14/2019 at 4:59 PM, sensualtrex said:

By rapid decay do you mean 4 days without rendering objects, because that won't be an issue for many groups.  That's how Lawless zones work today and even though I only see 2-5 people in them these days, they are still filled with stone foundations every 4 feet.

It is not based on Render. It is based on distance from the upkeep bench. This is all extrapolation from their patch notes, and hopefully will be made clearer this week

On 3/14/2019 at 5:04 PM, sensualtrex said:

They need a gate replacement, like a large stone wall, otherwise people will still always grind them out.   If the game rules allow it the hardcore groups will always make it happen.  The gates/foundation spam ruin the look a beautiful game from the way round 1 turned out.   

I agree they need more large pre-constructs to give more alternatives to these spams. However these structures have a mesh associated with them and can be demoed in sequence to crash servers. Exhibit A: Lighthouse bug abuse to cause roll backs

I'd like to see an NPC barracks or something, a harbor gate/gatehouse and some dock structure pieces