Konvar

Help me understand: the new ATLAS player = slave? (PVE)

On 3/11/2019 at 7:10 AM, Talono said:

Mr.X will set taxes to 30%. Then Mr.X will demolish your bedroom with one click and steal your girls. Unfortunately you are not allowed to protect them from Mr. X due to a trash game system (PVE time window not valid for Mister X... your slaver dominus). Weapon building is not allowed for you unworthy dirty slave.

Yes there will be some like this. There are also cool people That welcome people in. I saw it in the Old system when we could allow people on our claim and they were not douche about it. Let's just wait and see how it will play out. And Lawless Regions will still be there Both options offered instead of just one.

Hmm, the problem is there is not real "you help me, i'll help you vibe from this. How will it differ from what we have now? At least if i took a spot no one could destroy it, but it seem if the land owner catches you within the set time limit they will just demolish it or make your life hell if they choose so.

Yes there are nice people and i'm sure some great communities will come out of it, but there are also dicks, i think it's very naive to think as system like this is not going to cause a ton of discord. I mean look at the crap show when the game launched, people non-stop griefing and this will be used in the same way I feel.

As i said in another thread, there needs to be beneficial agreement for both party's, landowner and tenant, so even those toxic players will have a reason to allow people on the island. resource buff, defense buff, something so players who live on the land don't feel like cows being milked for their work with nothing in return. 

Edited by Herasea

honestly, i give up defending the devs decisions or claim to think i know what is happening at all, until we see some real results. It's great to talk about shit but the first major update was planned in january for V17 to come out in late feb. Here we are mid march, v21.31.. still no major update or test server after constant delays and excuses. They killed the population by announcing a wipe prematurely and let the game die. i don't even have faith anymore... and i'm a gullible bastard.

feels bad man... its fuckin sad.

Edited by Enki Anunnaki

From a PvP perspective this element feeds into the political nature of the game.  Piss enough people off and you'll end up with someone making friends with an alliance that is eyeballing your territory.  Perfect excuse to wipe the dictator and install friendly puppets to the area that will play nice. 

On 3/11/2019 at 12:54 PM, Willard said:

And Mr. X is going to demolish yoir buildings after that 12 hours window with what exactly?

in PVE there are no settlements thus no destruction outside of decay

in PVP , the island owner can instantly destroy within the 12 hr window using the pin wheel, after that they will have to do just as anyone does, destroy it by hitting it

6 minutes ago, Pirate Hawkins said:

in PVP , the island owner can instantly destroy within the 12 hr window using the pin wheel, after that they will have to do just as anyone does, destroy it by hitting it

There are settlements in Pve. Same system is going to be used in PvE as used in PvP. they are just removing war tokens and raid times. 

2 minutes ago, Pirate Hawkins said:

Wrong, you might want to read the last couple of Captain's Logs.

PvE will have settlements. Settlement owners will be able to demolish structures within a 12+ hour window, but after that they can't touch them.

7 minutes ago, [GP] Guybrush Threepwood said:

Wrong, you might want to read the last couple of Captain's Logs.

PvE will have settlements. Settlement owners will be able to demolish structures within a 12+ hour window, but after that they can't touch them.

had not read that in the log till just now, and since it changed once, it will change again

7 minutes ago, [GP] Guybrush Threepwood said:

Now you are making no sense, and just coming across as foolish.

knowing the developers, knowing their methodology, experiencing it for 1000's of hours, seeing their product development, the one who is foolish is you

3 minutes ago, Pirate Hawkins said:

knowing the developers, knowing their methodology, experiencing it for 1000's of hours, seeing their product development, the one who is foolish is you

I've experienced it all too since day 1, but none of that guarantees that settlements won't be included in PvE, none of it guarantees that what has changed will change again. It is likely that very little, if anything will change before next weeks PTR. What then comes out of the PTR is anyone's guess.