Konvar

Help me understand: the new ATLAS player = slave? (PVE)

On the first day of the new patch, the evil players who built the foundations in Lawless will take over the land.

They will collect taxes and demolish the buildings of other players.

The new player will not have a flag and the opportunity to live in their own land?

Is it a slave or feudal simulator?

Or I misunderstood?

The developers you have already taught me that the game does not have good people from any nation.

It remains only to rob, use bugs with cargo, ships of the damned, stop others from playing !!!

P.S. Solo game you have not given!

UPD: Make a voting system for settlers. The owner of the island gains -10 karma and goes to a permanent ban!

Edited by Konvar

No you understood everything perfectly correct. See my post above where i explained in detail what is wrong about the incoming slave empire system.

• Like 1

There will be a chosen one lawless. : ) No rules there : )

(but because of this new system, more players head there, so I hope there will be enough space with those new islands : ))

Edited by George Catcher

51 minutes ago, Konvar said:

UPD: Make a voting system for settlers. The owner of the island gains -10 karma and goes to a permanent ban!

I lol’d. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Konvar said:

On the first day of the new patch, the evil players who built the foundations in Lawless will take over the land.

No, Lawless will remain like it already is, you can build anywhere on lawless and just have the build radius of structures, no-one owns land in lawless.

1 hour ago, Konvar said:

The new player will not have a flag and the opportunity to live in their own land?

Every Island, except lawless, freeports, golden age ruins will allow anyone to build on them. One company can claim a whole island. So some people can claim an island with a flag, but others won't be able to, it will be first come first served. Land owners will ONLY be able to demolish structures within a 12 hour window after the structure has been placed. After that 12 hour window the settlement owner will NOT be able to demolish structures. Note, the Devs said they may extend the 12 hour window a bit.

Edited by [GP] Guybrush Threepwood

2 minutes ago, znasser said:

I don't get why are you able to tax anyone in pve to begin with.

Because taxes can be good. If you're at the receiving end. They just need to add a skill like someone mentioned in a other topic.
For example, a skill that lowers the amount of taxes you pay, let's say it  can have 3 points, -10,-20 and -30. The owner of the claim/island won't lose income, but you
won't either anymore. I think if you take away taxes completely, people will find a other way to let you pay.

I think taxes are a necessary evil on PvE. Settlement owners have to pay an upkeep for the settlement. This may for some be expensive. Settlement owners are going to want help of the people on the land to support that, whilst the settlement owner runs the land. Of course you'll get some bad apples.

If there was no taxes then the settlement owner would have to pay all the settlement upkeep, and would more than likely result in the settlement owner causing issues for people building on the land because they have nothing to lose.

1 hour ago, [GP] Guybrush Threepwood said:

No, Lawless will remain like it already is, you can build anywhere on lawless and just have the build radius of structures, no-one owns land in lawless.

I said another. Now Mr. X has spammed 300 foundations on Y Island.

After the patch, Mr. X will take the island!

His attitude towards his neighbors will NOT CHANGE!

What is the system of protection against such a "student" in the new version of ATLAS?

Having a bear and an elephant, I can alone pay all taxes for the island and all residents!

56 minutes ago, [GP] Guybrush Threepwood said:

I think taxes are a necessary evil on PvE. Settlement owners have to pay an upkeep for the settlement.

Taxes are not necessary because settlements are not necessary in PVE. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Greyleaf said:

Taxes are not necessary because settlements are not necessary in PVE. 

My comment was clearly based on the fact settlements are a thing, and therefore taxes are a necessary evil. I never said settlements are necessary.

1 hour ago, Konvar said:

I said another. Now Mr. X has spammed 300 foundations on Y Island.

After the patch, Mr. X will take the island!

His attitude towards his neighbors will NOT CHANGE!

What is the system of protection against such a "student" in the new version of ATLAS?

Having a bear and an elephant, I can alone pay all taxes for the island and all residents!

Mr.X will set taxes to 30%. Then Mr.X will demolish your bedroom with one click and steal your girls. Unfortunately you are not allowed to protect them from Mr. X due to a trash game system (PVE time window not valid for Mister X... your slaver dominus). Weapon building is not allowed for you unworthy dirty slave.

Edited by Talono
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, Konvar said:

Is it a slave or feudal simulator?

Or I misunderstood?

The developers you have already taught me that the game does not have good people from any nation.

It remains only to rob, use bugs with cargo, ships of the damned, stop others from playing !!!

P.S. Solo game you have not given!

What you've said is right, but you missed the other half of it.

Before the patch, people complained that they couldn't get land.  Many players left.

On the first day of the patch,  some of those players may catch a break and finally get a piece of land to claim.

Yay!  or something.

Because here come those guys from lawless now.  They claimed their land, but it's in the same grid as yours.  So they come over and "build anywhere".  Whatever they want.

You come in the next morning, search out all the pillars and destroy them.   A couple small companies come by and start to build on your island, and they seem ok.

The next morning you come in...pillars everywhere..you search them out and destroy them.  Another small company with an obscene and racist name, cleverly disguised by adding numbers to it has moved in.  The other two companies are complaining about them and about the pillars.  You destroy everything the new company has built.

People are starting to slag you off in the forums as being a jerk landlord because you destroyed other players stuff.  What can you do?

This goes on for a while until the day when you get sent on an overnight business trip or your kid has a baseball game or you get the flu and stay in bed, etc...and then the next day you come in and there are pillars everywhere, your good tenants have moved out and your island is full of drooling goobers.  You can't destroy any of it.

Congratulations.  You finally got some land.  That's what you all wanted, isn't it?

• Like 2

Jesus not this again. Its all over again. Don't play this game.

"Devs, we want claim system in pve, withou any claims it sucks". 

"Devs, we don't want claim system because it is a slave system"

Go back to Fortnite.

Edited by Willard
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

49 minutes ago, Dreadmill said:

Then Mr.X will demolish your bedroom with one click and steal your girls

WHY did I ever trust Mr X? Why can’t we all just have a couple claim flags per person and play the game? Make lawless claimable and give us some secure land and stop trying to turn this into Settlers of Catlas - MMO. I don’t need an island or a master. I just want a stupid house and a ship. Why is this so difficult? I love the game btw. 

And Mr. X is going to demolish yoir buildings after that 12 hours window with what exactly?

It sounds like to me they are going to make the upkeep nearly impossible to maintain without having tenants.  So paying 30% taxis sounds like the almost better end of the deal then paying 50% island upkeep or whatever its going to be.  I think what people don't realize is if  the landlord is a griefer he wont get tenants and will not be able to hold his territory very long because of the upkeep.  Essentially it is going to be imperative to be nice to your tenants if you want to keep your land.  In fact many will probably incentive this by lowering taxis and encouraging building.   Landlords will just need to protect valuable resources.  

Everyone is freaking out about this.  The test server isn't even out. Give the devs a chance here.   we have no idea about the numbers for upkeep and how much having people on your island decreases that upkeep.  Chances are there will be plenty of islands for everyone to have since we have low population and a huge amount of islands.  You can also live in lawless still. 

Just now, MrHeid said:

It sounds like to me they are going to make the upkeep nearly impossible to maintain without having tenants.  So paying 30% taxis sounds like the almost better end of the deal then paying 50% island upkeep or whatever its going to be.  I think what people don't realize is if  the landlord is a griefer he wont get tenants and will not be able to hold his territory very long because of the upkeep.  Essentially it is going to be imperative to be nice to your tenants if you want to keep your land.  In fact many will probably incentive this by lowering taxis and encouraging building.   Landlords will just need to protect valuable resources.  

Everyone is freaking out about this.  The test server isn't even out. Give the devs a chance here.   we have no idea about the numbers for upkeep and how much having people on your island decreases that upkeep.  Chances are there will be plenty of islands for everyone to have since we have low population and a huge amount of islands.  You can also live in lawless still. 

The freaking out about it because we don't have enough information is fine. Everyone could keep quiet about it until the PTR then find the upkeep is too easy and will make griefer landlords happy, on the other hand, if people freak out about it now and raise their concerns, that might change what they plan to provide in the PTR which means less changes after the PTR. So sometimes freaking out about something because there's too little detail can be a good thing, shows people care.

• Like 3

Well, i just dont like how this absolutely perfect pirate game is turned into a feudal slave state.

I was able to hold a small part of a claim island, with the new system this will only be possible for megatribes.

Makes me sad 😔

• Like 1

Just now, Talono said:

Well, i just dont like how this absolutely perfect pirate game is turned into a feudal slave state.

I was able to hold a small part of a claim island, with the new system this will only be possible for megatribes.

Makes me sad 😔

First of all I don't think your choice of word slave is "correct" here.  This is a video game.  You are not forced to play it.  

Secondly we don't even know yet if the so called "slaves" get the better end of the deal yet.  My guess is landlords will be competing  get companies to settle on their land just so they can keep it.  They likely will try to accomidate the settlers/slaves in anyway possible.  Because if they don't they wont be able to afford the upkeep.  The system could work pretty well with proper checks and balances.  I have been considering heavily which role I would like to take.  It seems like a lot more work to be the landlord honestly.  

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

5 minutes ago, MrHeid said:

First of all I don't think your choice of word slave is "correct" here.  This is a video game.  You are not forced to play it.  

Secondly we don't even know yet if the so called "slaves" get the better end of the deal yet.  My guess is landlords will be competing  get companies to settle on their land just so they can keep it.  They likely will try to accomidate the settlers/slaves in anyway possible.  Because if they don't they wont be able to afford the upkeep.  The system could work pretty well with proper checks and balances.  I have been considering heavily which role I would like to take.  It seems like a lot more work to be the landlord honestly.  

Whats wrong with you ? Slaver megatribes will pay the upkeep easily and drive the slaves from their land for fun. This is absolutely 100% not questionable.

Its a shame how the devs still hug megatribes only. Why do you think there is the 9 hour PVP window ? For small tribes ? No, these cant use it, as it is by far too long for them. Its just perfect for megatribes because retaliation on them is impossible now.

No, the new system is not because the devs suddently detected their heart against offline raids vs poor new players and small groups.

So the mimimi of the megatribes has been successful and was heared by the devs.