Jannes Wal

Please stop demotivating the devs

16 minutes ago, sgzeroone said:

I think the damage has already been done to the player base.   A good portion of players probably wont revisit this game till it's closer to release or after launch.   Unfortunately the honey moon is over with this game and allot are moving on. 

I wouldn't worry about getting land, there should be plenty.  With the addition on new islands and 2/3 the player base leaving, there should be plenty of room.

So relax and be happy, everyone wins!

But then you need to claim the island and be  landlord else it is possible that that griever will com later. And then you are doing a GM job.... If there come more you have a job and can not play anymore because the GM landlord titel you have.

Edited by awakatanka

2 minutes ago, awakatanka said:

But then you need to claim the island and be  landlord else it is possible that that griever will com later. And then you are doing a GM job....

Well just spam the island with pillars and foundations and the likes.  It's not like everyone doesn't think this is a Ark pirate mod anyways.  So start thinking like a Ark player and spam those pillars.  🙂       (GOD FORBID ANYTHING BE BETTER THAN ARK)

1 hour ago, sgzeroone said:

Well just spam the island with pillars and foundations and the likes.  It's not like everyone doesn't think this is a Ark pirate mod anyways.  So start thinking like a Ark player and spam those pillars.  🙂       (GOD FORBID ANYTHING BE BETTER THAN ARK)

Everyone does not think that. You + Realist (who does not own the game) is not equal to everyone. Not even close. But as someone who has 4K hours in Ark on both official and unofficial servers I can tell you unequivocally that in my experience the vast majority of Ark players despise pillar spam. Pillar spam was an issue only on Ark official pve servers, of which there were about 500. Total Ark servers for most of its life have numbered over 30k, so the pillar spam issue was present only on a tiny fraction of them.

What is disappointing is Grapecards lack of effective or creative solutions to an issue they’ve been aware of for literally years. Ark is a great game but not without its flaws, and pillar spam is one of them.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, boomervoncannon said:

Everyone does not think that. You + Realist (who does not own the game) is not equal to everyone. Not even close. But as someone who has 4K hours in Ark on both official and unofficial servers I can tell you unequivocally that in my experience the vast majority of Ark players despise pillar spam. Pillar spam was an issue only on Ark official pve servers, of which there were about 500. Total Ark servers for most of its life have numbered over 30k, so the pillar spam issue was present only on a tiny fraction of them.

What is disappointing is Grapecards lack of effective or creative solutions to an issue they’ve been aware of for literally years. Ark is a great game but not without its flaws, and pillar spam is one of them.

Yeah, I get that..... I was being sarcastic.  I played Ark for a few thousand hours myself (Nobody like the spam).  But the reality is that pillar spam will happen in this new wiped version of the game as it already did in the lawless areas.   And if I return (Still deciding) after the wipe I'll be spamming the blocks to secure my build area and the resources on the island just like I did before( I lived in Lawless Region).  You just can't decide to not do it unfortunately, because the Chinese will come and build walls and griefer's will just wreck everything.  So you will be forced to spam just for the sake of making your place in the game enjoyable.

Edited by sgzeroone

4 hours ago, sgzeroone said:

I think the damage has already been done to the player base.   A good portion of players probably wont revisit this game till it's closer to release or after launch.   Unfortunately the honey moon is over with this game and allot are moving on. 

I wouldn't worry about getting land, there should be plenty.  With the addition on new islands and 2/3 the player base leaving, there should be plenty of room.

So relax and be happy, everyone wins!

A lot of people will come back, especially to pvp. Most of them quit because of offline raiding.

PvE? People were complaining like hell not be able to build somewhere because of claim spam. 

Now you can build everywhere. 

People will be complaining about everything no matter what just like in real life.