Sign in to follow this  
Pretty EASY

what Graphics card

what graphics card should I get and runs the best for atlas? I have a 1060 now, how much fps will I get with a 1080 and a i7? 😄 cuz now I got 30 fps it sucks ballsacks 

19 minutes ago, Pretty EASY said:

what graphics card should I get and runs the best for atlas? I have a 1060 now, how much fps will I get with a 1080 and a i7? 😄 cuz now I got 30 fps it sucks ballsacks 

I'm not an expert by any means, but my general understanding is that in contrast to Ark (in case you played it) which had some of the heaviest demands on graphics cards of any game out there, that MMO's like Atlas lean more towards demand on the cpu. I have a 1060 as well and do fine on fps, but I also have an i7 8700k CPU. The good news is either way the mega patch is supposed to include a significant performance upgrade, so even if you do nothing, things should improve. I would advise waiting to see how that goes, then if you still feel like you want to upgrade, depending upon your cpu, you might want to look there first. Also if anyone with greater technical knowledge tells you something different, ignore me and listen to them.

My rule of thumb is pick as much as you can afford, then wait a week/month and get a better one. :classic_biggrin:

• Like 2

I would never get a 1080 now. It’s not that better. The 1080 Ti on the other hand, way and way better and the price difference isn’t too much. 

And just for the record: That 30 FPS is not because of your GPU. 

Edited by Percieval

I have an I5  7600k  32gb ram and a 2060

after setting it to 1080p,  MY card runs 68-75 fps on max settings   u can get a 2060 rtx for 400 bucks

my cpu never even maxes out 65% tops

ram never hits more then 40%

Edited by war machine

You really need to watch on VRAM though. This game surprisingly doesn’t eat away much RAM. 

The GPU you have right now should be running Atlas decently. Now it also depends what your other components in your computer are. But you also have to look at your settings, not everything needs to be maxed out.

Say like anything with sunshafts (turn that off, not needed and will help a ton) Shadows don't really need those maxed out. If you go through your settings and adjust some things you will see the same will run a lot smoother.

As it was said there are suppose to be significant optimizations with this upcoming patch, so before you go spending crazy amounts of money I would wait. Unless you are playing other games and your gpu is really not living up to them.

I was reading some about the new 1660 Ti's that are coming/out. And are decently priced.

Just my thoughts, 😊

my gtx 1060 6gb sits on 50-60% use most of the time = atlas is way more cpu intensive as it is gpu intensive... 100% use for a gpu is normal cuz it uses its full potential but 100% cpu use is bad...

Edited by Wichtelman

Zotac Extreme AMP! GTX1070Ti  all settings  max. 66-90+ FPS.  Game is not optimized really good jet, so if ur not rich then  GTX 1070ti is really good used one costs 250-340 euros.  If you have money  and u want best  get RTX 2070 if you ask why not RTX 2080ti then in my mind its  overpriced.

Atlas Screenshot 2019.03.12 - 16.40.05.76.jpg

Edited by Hexaron

I just remembered that my CPU is running at stock speeds.  I was having trouble getting my 1080ti stable and reset the bios and upgraded it.  Stable as can be now after the BIOS update, but I need to crank that baby up 500mhz. 

I have laptop  HP Omen 15.6 so i had to  disable turbo cores in registry cause i7 8750H was in second 99c,  but fps was even better with lower speed  and ofc CPU temperature was 70C.  Then i  OC  GPU GTX1070  both mem and Core 200Mhz in end i win 20FPS  and lower Temperatures 🙂 So that laptop GPU didint heat  so much at all only i7 lol. Atlas FPS is 55-70 

Edited by Hexaron

I have a Sinclair Spectrum running with 48k of RAM.   I still get 90+ FPS in crowded harbours.

OK I'm at a rez of 2x3 pixels, but it's still 90+ FPS.

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, Hexaron said:

If you have money  and u want best  get RTX 2070 if you ask why not RTX 2080ti then in my mind its  overpriced

Yep but the hybrid is pretty sweet and that is whats kept my 980 going all this time. If it had just a fan it would have been gone a long time ago.

EVGA-GeForce-RTX-2080-Ti-XC-Ultra-Benchm

On 3/10/2019 at 11:33 AM, Percieval said:

I would never get a 1080 now. It’s not that better. The 1080 Ti on the other hand, way and way better and the price difference isn’t too much. 

And just for the record: That 30 FPS is not because of your GPU. 

I wish the 1080 Ti hadn't been $800 when I needed to replace my card last year.  I wanted that, but I had to settle for the 1080.  Which was, thankfully, on sale when I got it.

4 hours ago, Nutcutt3r said:

Yep but the hybrid is pretty sweet and that is whats kept my 980 going all this time. If it had just a fan it would have been gone a long time ago.

EVGA-GeForce-RTX-2080-Ti-XC-Ultra-Benchm

I tested Time Spy  just now too 🙂 so my GTX1070Ti got  Graphics Score 7390.   I bought it  for 320 euros and  i think i can play with it  more than year. lol im Happy my score  is better than AMD vega 64.

One that is the best deal.  I grabbed a GTX 1080 for $325 on ebay 2 years ago.

Really comes down to price and what you are willing to spend.  Decide on what you want to run. 1080p? 1440p? 4k?  What are you fps goals?

Ram means a big difference.  I have 8gb on my card and have seen games use over 7gb without mods.  Know what games require and plan accordingly.

On 3/12/2019 at 7:17 PM, CazzT said:

I wish the 1080 Ti hadn't been $800 when I needed to replace my card last year.  I wanted that, but I had to settle for the 1080.  Which was, thankfully, on sale when I got it.

Yep. 1080 is a good card yet right now, the Ti isn’t that expensive anymore and it is a lot better than the 1080. I would always get that one but then again, not everyone has the money.