Tiberius_theron

Criticism: PVE Claim Changes

After reading Dollie's most recent Captains Log, it seems that the planned changes to the PVE claiming system (while better than the lawless style) simply are not a quality solution to the deeper issue. No one wants pillar spam. However, my clan also doesn't see itself returning to play under the new suggested PVE claiming system. If I am correct, this basically means unless you have the settlement claim that owns the island, you are SOL as a single player, or small community. Which leaves everything in favor of mega companies once again. It also means the settlement claim owner can simply demo anything they aren't happy with. 

The simply fix for this issue was to remove sea claims completely (UNDERWATER LAND CLAIMS AS WELL). Then only allow company claims based on the amount of players in the company. One per active player in the company. Once a player was offline for 90+days, they no longer counted towards the company claim totals. In addition completely removing tax banks and taxes in PVE. That was a simply, and fair way of handling the situation.

Instead we get lazy solution to a much deeper problem. I continue to keep my eye on the game, but unfortunately won't be returning anytime soon. We all paid the game (EA or not). therefore we can and should expect much better service from the company than what has been shown thus far. Wipes happen in EA, however clearly lazy development solutions will not be stood by.

Edited by Tiberius_theron
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

"Your Community"

3 minutes ago, Tiberius_theron said:

you are SOL as a single player,

• Confused 1

8 minutes ago, Nutcutt3r said:

Ya ya were "all" not gonna play til we get what "we" want...

Take your trolling elsewhere, and learn how to read properly. I am referring to my private gaming community (clan). I've edited to reflect that, since I now see users such as yourself are too fucking retarded to read.

• Thanks 1

I am not trolling, I am simply tired of the were gonna quit playing shallow threats. But I am sure the devs love to read that kind of stuff.

3 minutes ago, Tiberius_theron said:

users such as yourself are too fucking retarded to read

I read what you posted.  Thats why I commented about it.

I agree with you Tiberius. Also good luck dealing with this asshat. These fucking die hard fan boys are killing the game. Just ignore the moron and report him. 

Edited by Long John Screw Off

2 minutes ago, Long John Screw Off said:

Just ignore the moron and report him

Too funny if you dont like people commenting on your posts you just report them. Such a snowflake mentality.

"I wann report this dude I swore at him and called him a retard because I didnt like the fact he had his own opinion"

The simply fix for this issue was to remove sea claims completely (UNDERWATER LAND CLAIMS AS WELL).

Lets take a look to LOG 22:

Sea Claim Flags have been eliminated

Lawless Servers

• Will continue to operate like normal, no islands on these servers can be claimed.

Every poster commenting about the PVE claim flag seems to NOT understand what has changed.

A island owner will have a limited time to be able to demolish recently placed structures. They won't come 10 years later to demolish all you will ever build. Understand these changes and understand this is to prevent the pillar / floor spamming that is happening on servers like Lawless. Owners will have the job to keep the island clean / resources unblocked / etc. 

Stop getting triggered by all the words you don't like and learn to understand a phrase without getting particular words out of it as you please.

The PvE claim flags, still are just f*cked. They could have made this simple, yet they made a whole bigger issue. But hey, I am willing to see what happens before I "cry" to much.

4 hours ago, uaf said:

Every poster commenting about the PVE claim flag seems to NOT understand what has changed.

A island owner will have a limited time to be able to demolish recently placed structures. They won't come 10 years later to demolish all you will ever build. Understand these changes and understand this is to prevent the pillar / floor spamming that is happening on servers like Lawless. Owners will have the job to keep the island clean / resources unblocked / etc. 

Stop getting triggered by all the words you don't like and learn to understand a phrase without getting particular words out of it as you please.

1-2 days is a long time to wait to see if your shipyard is going to be demolished.

It will cause issues because players will have to build in leap frog stages. Build then wait a couple days, build, wait, build, wait.

people in pve sand box games don't tend to like having their ability to build anything be dependent on a stranger.

If they go through with the change I think there will be a huge landrush like before and then only the owner tribes will build anything but pillar spam as other tribes start setting out their "spaces". They will build a 4x4 with and wait to see if it survives. Once the countdown is over they will build a shipyard and wait till the countdown is over.

That's likely to be 4days before anything really gets done. People will be miserable caught between wanting to build and fear of it being destroyed.