Sign in to follow this  
DoubleHelix

PvE claims change - natural selection at it's finest

First of all, I would like to congratulate the dev's team (please @Jatheish and @Dollie, pass my most sincere regards) since imho they have found the best way to implement a regulation in the game and it is the oldest existing on this planet - natural selection at its finest.

I have went through a lot of topics where ppl are moaning about the claim chages, about how some ppl are going to live on others' expenses just because they own an island. That is quite incorrect. If you are island landlord, you have to pay 2 upkeeps - for your base and your island. If you fail - say goodbye to your property. As per what has been revealed so far if you read between the lines or at least read and think before jumping to cry on the forum, that is not going to be a simple task that requires no involvement on your behalf. 

Your island's upkeep will depend on it's size, your total claims and as well, on the amount of companies living there. To achieve a good "financial" balance, you have to be a good landlord - i.e. you have to protect the valuable resources from being pillarspammed/blocked, you have to ensure that there are enough attractive settlement plots for your "tennants", you have to consider carefully your tax level and many other small details.

On the contrary, if you are a dick, you will become "famous" and noone will have even the smallest desire to settle on your island. When this happens, you will have to farm constantly to keep ypur "property" or to give it away thanks to your natural stupidity.

If you read the above and think a little, you will figure out that being a landlord will require a plenty of time or collective effort. The next thing you should do is ask yoursef if you can/want such dedication and commitment.

With the above mechanic, via natural way the good landlords will prosper and the dicks are going to be eliminated.

And second, but not less important - it is really funny to see people failing to get the game's core concept. This is not ARK, this is not Minecraft. This is not a game to keep your head dug in the sand and having to other goal apart from digging a mine through the planet. This is a game of SAILING. All good stuff in the game you can get only by getting your ass on a boat, figure out how this works and why your pick is useless here, kill NPCs, do Treasure maps, get good BPs, again SAIL to gather the crafting resources, get better gear and SAIL again. Get better in sailing, make a better ship, kill the Kraken, get the sub, get the next PSs, kill the next boss and so on. All this requires many hours of SAILING and exploring the world. Of course, a lot of people believe that they are entitled to get everything now, served on a silver plate just because they exist. Well, sorry to disappoint you, but neither the game, neither the real world work in that way.

If the above is not the playstyle you like, then you are in the wrong game. Or the wrong person in the right game. Or both...

• Thanks 2
  • Confused 1

To build a ship I need resources, to keep my treasure save I need a home. To make a gold sink I need trading route. To have some fun I need pve things. 

They going the right way and I and others have the right to express our concerns about the system the choose.

If we do not express our concerns then we may have a shitty system. 

If you happy with the new system, great for you. I'm not. At least for pve, in PvP it could work.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, awakatanka said:

To build a ship I need resources, to keep my treasure save I need a home. To make a gold sink I need trading route. To have some fun I need pve things. 

You can farm anywhere or you own a special set of tools that do not cut trees/break rocks etc. outside your own claim? A brig is farmable in several hours even on x1 in lawless. Then the world is yours. And a hint - dismantle your shipyard for your first ship repair resources 😉 

About the treasures - if you don't sail, your "treasures" fit in land-placed ship resource box. You can keep your pick in a box next to it or in your inventory when you log out. All this fits on a single foundation. Your bed and Smithy can stay on the raft/sloop, you used to arrive on this land. And both are placeable on the ground with no foundation. But if you have the right understanding of the game concept, your most valuable treasures are your ship, the BPs you have and your bear/rifle. All this you can keep on your ship wherever you go. 

About the gold - you still will have to go through this scary and dangerous thing full of monsters - e.s. the sea 🙂 to reach your shop in the Freeport. Btw, just a hint - most gold you do with Treasure maps, but this requires - guess what - sailing 🙂

FYI -  Digging a hole in earth until you pop out through the planet is the core concept of Minecraft. Breeding the ultimate dino is not the core concept here too - for this go in ARK and play on 10x10km map. For roleplaying - go to SecondLife. Here you have to build the ultimate battle ship and to use it properly - valid both for PvP and PvE. This is the concept of Atlas.

Imho - you are in the wrong game 🙂

And yes, I am happy with the new system. It is fair. Atm my tribe have a solid hold of 2 big islands - 100+ land flags just because we were there first and we claimed the resource rich areas. The beaches we left free so anyone can settle with his own flag. We are fine with this as long as these "settlers" will farm on our land. Plus smaller claims spread out around the maps with outposts. To keep them, we have to do nothing as we do not allow building on our land. No griefing, no resource blocks, no foundation spamming, no mad builders. A single login once in a couple of days and several bed jumps are enough to maintain all this - a 10 min job. Took a look in one of the banks minutes ago - just the metal there is 50k+. And we haven't even moved a finger to get it. Do you find this fair? Cause I don't, but you have to play the game by its rules and the current ones are like this - utterly unfair. That is why I find the new changes more than necessary and well designed. 

P.S. I am hoping for a good discussion with valid well explained pro and con positions. "Cause I don't like it" a bit fails as argument. Nothing personal.

Edited by DoubleHelix

I am in the right game because I agree on first part with you. But I do not like the claim system they use now. I rather have the map wide lawless then.  I'm not wanna pay tax I'm a pirate not a citizen our a slave.  I do not want that someone decide if and where I build because  they where quicker with the bank. And if I win and be a landlord I do not want to waist my play time to clean land from Grievers, that is the job of a GM.

I just need a small piece of land to build what I want.  Make inland a no build zone, with a option to build a tamecave (a new blueprint ) that auto destroy after 3 hours. Our even better leave that tame thing in ark and my npc gather resources. 

Edited by awakatanka
  • Like 2

The high-end content requires a lot of sailing and farming everywhere to gather the craft mats, so it is completely indifferent for me what is the local tax of the island I have been allowed to build my 5x5 crafting base, my 2x2 Behe gates animal pen and my shipyard as all above this is pure greed and waste of time and resources. Out of courtesy I will farm some resources locally to assist the landlord with his upkeep - after all that is the deal we have signed for as long as he provides the comfort I need, but I definitely don't want to get involved into landlording. It is time consuming effort. i prefer to spend this time in farming SotDs for better ship prints or Treasure hunting somewhere across the map and along with this - gathering the high-end craft mats for the next upgrade of my ship and gear.

In fact, with some fantasy and practical solutions in base and shipbuilding, you can fit your base on the back of your shipyard and place your animal pen on the beach in front. Like this you will use less space and you will have the comfort with unloading your cargo practically inside your base directly from the ship. E.g. the Large shipyard have fixed height above water and it is almost equal to the height of brig top deck plus wall on top or gally lowest board minus half wall. Having these constant heights, I believe you can do the math how to build your base in a compact and efficient manner and what amendments to add to your ships - just a hint.

If you follow similar concept, no landlord would evict you as you are not creating troubles for him. On the contrary, you will be more than welcome. But if you decide to place gate walls from sea to mountain with no care if you are preventing half an island of having easy access to metal or something else - well, then you are going to be classified as dick and you will be kicked out. While I was sailing around, I have seen enough players that have blocked solid chunks of islands "just because this is their land". Well, sorry, but this have to be regulated somehow.

If you want to build whatever you want - become a landlord. Oh, but you don't want to waste your time to maintain your island - just to receive tax? Well, sorry my friend, but this is a price you have to pay. Of course, if you become a landlord, you have the absolute right to refuse any care for your land. This way  you will have the fine opportunity to spend your play time in farming resources for your upkeep since people will not stay on your land if they lack the comfort of calm life just because you chose to fail with this part. As a result of your decision you will become a pirate with a pick, sailing in the sea of stones until you quit with the land business or decide to take responsibility of your claim. It is all up to you. This is the reality many people will have to get used with - a real life implemented in a game 🙂 No entitlement, forced responsibility for every action a player takes - looks more than fine for me.

About the direction the devs took - due to the game concept, the community have the potential to be a pretty efficient in self-regulation. If e.g. you are a foundation spammer or resource blocker, it will be enough a single landlord to post your name in the forums with a screenshot and believe me - your buildings are going to be deleted from now on automatically with no explanation on any Settlement island you decide to build. Yes, you can play cat-and-mouse with the landlords community for some time, but I expect even harsher steps if you decide to go on "war" with them. E.g. if your ship is noticed on anchor on any Settlement island, it can get enclosed pretty easily with behe gates and left to rot there forever. So your final choice will be to get evicted into the lawless, where you will have for neighbors people that are same like you and you will be free to foundation-spam each other. And of course, to pay the upkeep for this pleasure.

All above is a task that a GM cannot do with the same success like the community can. Information sharing about unwanted tenants and as well unwanted landlords is going to be a constant hot topic as no one wants to deal with dicks. You can GM a 3x3 private grid with 20-30 players, but having the same effectiveness on 4 15x15 grids with thousands of players is already a serious investment in support team. That is why Grapeshot are transferring half of this effort to the community, which by the way is a normal practice for EA game as the active players are way more familiar with the gamer-side aspects of the game than the dev/GM team. For Grapeshot this will appear as quite powerful feedback gathering tool. And don't forget that as it is EA, the upcoming changes can be revamped again if the current solution is not working. 

After all, the natural selection is a system that haven't failed already several billions of years. 

• Like 1

I think he means reverse natural selection, because who gets out and gets the land first?    Probably not the people with big jobs or families or ...lives.  What landlords will get to have un-griefed claims?  Only the ones that can log in every 12 (or X) hours without fail.  Christmas with the family?  Forget that.  You gotta go clear some pillars.

I just love the long explanations of how people are supposed to try and try again if they get a bad landlord and publish his name on a list and try again.  Pffft.  People dropped out of the game in huge masses over lesser frustrations than that.  On the bright side, almost any design can work with a playerbase of 25.

These people who keep defending this because they expect to be landlords haven't realized yet that the tenants can grief them just as much as they can grief the tenants.  Once they do, they won't be quite so hot on the idea.

• Like 7

Indeed, and if I play for weeks like a good player but then start to grief. You can not kick me out. Because it's not PvP...

2 hours ago, Winter Thorne said:

I think he means reverse natural selection, because who gets out and gets the land first?    Probably not the people with big jobs or families or ...lives.  What landlords will get to have un-griefed claims?  Only the ones that can log in every 12 (or X) hours without fail.  Christmas with the family?  Forget that.  You gotta go clear some pillars.

I just love the long explanations of how people are supposed to try and try again if they get a bad landlord and publish his name on a list and try again.  Pffft.  People dropped out of the game in huge masses over lesser frustrations than that.  On the bright side, almost any design can work with a playerbase of 25.

These people who keep defending this because they expect to be landlords haven't realized yet that the tenants can grief them just as much as they can grief the tenants.  Once they do, they won't be quite so hot on the idea.

Not only this, They think that with a big enough company they will not even need tenants. I hope that without tenants even a company of 250 cant hold the claim of the med-high point islands. It will be the same as it is now. People would rather build on lawless than live under someone. 

Can’t wait. Upkeep for most valued island is... o wait we don’t know yet. I can predict with certainty 0 people will like it.  It’s too high ... it’s too low. 

On 3/10/2019 at 8:13 AM, DoubleHelix said:

Get better in sailing, make a better ship, kill the Kraken, get the sub, get the next PSs, kill the next boss and so on. All this requires many hours of SAILING and exploring the world.

First of i agree with your understanding of the game. But how long it takes to get the Gold, BPs, Resources, Quests done? 200h Maybe.  After that, game in PVE becomes Minecraft anyway!

Also to get the Maps u have to stay on Land. To hord your resources for crafting, u need a base. To farm the resources in different grids it is best to build outposts (as u did) then ship them in quantities.

So it still is a landgame with the need for sailing!

On 3/10/2019 at 9:45 AM, DoubleHelix said:

And yes, I am happy with the new system. It is fair. Atm my tribe have a solid hold of 2 big islands - 100+ land flags just because we were there first and we claimed the resource rich areas. The beaches we left free so anyone can settle with his own flag. We are fine with this as long as these "settlers" will farm on our land. Plus smaller claims spread out around the maps with outposts.

Of course, i could tell. The loudest supporter of the new system are the guys that allready played Landloards (hord land, living from taxes) before.

On 3/10/2019 at 8:13 AM, DoubleHelix said:

On the contrary, if you are a dick, you will become "famous" and noone will have even the smallest desire to settle on your island. When this happens, you will have to farm constantly to keep ypur "property" or to give it away thanks to your natural stupidity. 

This is a wish, many player will know/avoid a "DICKs" Island, for them it is just minus one island on the map. Many other player dont have a network, they will never know and take it as a given. It is shocking how uninformed the "average Joe" is in this game.

Anyway so many things depends on implementation. I will see how it plays out on PTR. IF upkeep is to little, i (solo/duo) will try to claim and make Anarchy Island(s) (just dont delete anything, no working on island progression/playerinteraction). Some people could call it DICK island then, but its simply an alternative use of the game mechanics, nothing to do with natural stupidity (from my point of view it is clever even :)).

And i still need confimation that other companys living on a claim will reduce the upkeep, it can also be interpreted as increase of it.

On 3/10/2019 at 9:45 AM, DoubleHelix said:

You can farm anywhere or you own a special set of tools that do not cut trees/break rocks etc. outside your own claim? A brig is farmable in several hours even on x1 in lawless. Then the world is yours. And a hint - dismantle your shipyard for your first ship repair resources 😉 

About the treasures - if you don't sail, your "treasures" fit in land-placed ship resource box. You can keep your pick in a box next to it or in your inventory when you log out. All this fits on a single foundation. Your bed and Smithy can stay on the raft/sloop, you used to arrive on this land. And both are placeable on the ground with no foundation. But if you have the right understanding of the game concept, your most valuable treasures are your ship, the BPs you have and your bear/rifle. All this you can keep on your ship wherever you go. 

About the gold - you still will have to go through this scary and dangerous thing full of monsters - e.s. the sea 🙂 to reach your shop in the Freeport. Btw, just a hint - most gold you do with Treasure maps, but this requires - guess what - sailing 🙂

FYI -  Digging a hole in earth until you pop out through the planet is the core concept of Minecraft. Breeding the ultimate dino is not the core concept here too - for this go in ARK and play on 10x10km map. For roleplaying - go to SecondLife. Here you have to build the ultimate battle ship and to use it properly - valid both for PvP and PvE. This is the concept of Atlas.

Imho - you are in the wrong game 🙂

And yes, I am happy with the new system. It is fair. Atm my tribe have a solid hold of 2 big islands - 100+ land flags just because we were there first and we claimed the resource rich areas. The beaches we left free so anyone can settle with his own flag. We are fine with this as long as these "settlers" will farm on our land. Plus smaller claims spread out around the maps with outposts. To keep them, we have to do nothing as we do not allow building on our land. No griefing, no resource blocks, no foundation spamming, no mad builders. A single login once in a couple of days and several bed jumps are enough to maintain all this - a 10 min job. Took a look in one of the banks minutes ago - just the metal there is 50k+. And we haven't even moved a finger to get it. Do you find this fair? Cause I don't, but you have to play the game by its rules and the current ones are like this - utterly unfair. That is why I find the new changes more than necessary and well designed. 

P.S. I am hoping for a good discussion with valid well explained pro and con positions. "Cause I don't like it" a bit fails as argument. Nothing personal.

Ehm, 50k metal, 6x rates ... you accumulated 50k metal in a bank during a week? I can farm 50k metal as a single person at those 6x rates in an hour 😄

On 3/10/2019 at 1:34 PM, Winter Thorne said:

Sorry but if noone in your tribe isnt able to login every 12 hours (and they intend to make it longer for PvE) and do 30s job on a wheel (ye it will be able to destroy it in 1 click) then you should not own an island.

Edit: I get that for solo players with job/family can be hard to login evwry 12 hours. But really, solo players can't own the whole island. Its not how it is meant. You as a solo won't be able to pay upkeep cost for that island anyway. So just join a company (even a small one like 5+ people) or live under someone / play on lawless.

Edited by Willard

1 hour ago, Willard said:

But really, solo players can't own the whole island. Its not how it is meant.

So lets get this straight, to be able to own land you:

*have to be in a company with more then 5 (aktive) member

*You need to have to aim to be the best landlord there is: Keep resources unblocked, have other companies want to seattle on YOUR island

*Are able to log in at least every 12h to keep up with the spam

*Most important have to read WILLARDs PoV before claiming.

Nothing of this is true! Your only "lord" is the upkeep!

• Like 1

The 'login every 12 hours' part is the sticking point for a lot of people.

Spam clearing is not going to be a '30s job'. To delete one, yeah, thats fine, but you're going to have to run damn near every inch of your island, including underwater, to make sure that no one is screwing with the island. How long is that going to take?

People have jobs, they have lives. If you work a normal 8-5, and play from 6-midnight every night, get up at 7 to go to work, when the hell are you supposed to clear the spam?  Midnight-6pm is 18 hours that you're not able to be on, sorry, the foundations are now permanent.

If you increase the destruction time to 24 hours, then its almost the same. You're not allowed to ever not play for a day, otherwise, your island will be an indestructible mess when you get back on.

If you increase the time to 48 hours, its more reasonable, but now you're going the other way, where no one wants to settle on an owned island due to hearing that some landlord somewhere demo'd all the tenants stuff one day. Plus, even if you're a great landlord, guess what, that means no long weekends away for you, let alone taking an actual vacation.

It was reported that the guys from Wildcard regretted some of their design decisions around taming and breeding that forced their players to have an unhealthy gaming/life balance to get ahead, but, now, they've just gone and turned it into "Can't sleep, pillars will eat me."

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Kummba said:

First of i agree with your understanding of the game. But how long it takes to get the Gold, BPs, Resources, Quests done? 200h Maybe.  After that, game in PVE becomes Minecraft anyway!

Depends of what BPs are you after. To get 180%+ dmg big cannons BP with enough crafts I have spent two weeks in the sea. Reached land for replenishing ammo and repair res.

Also to get the Maps u have to stay on Land. To hord your resources for crafting, u need a base. To farm the resources in different grids it is best to build outposts (as u did) then ship them in quantities.

To do good maps - i.e. 1500+ you have a lot of sailing in front of you - trust me 🙂 About the outposts - you can build them in Lawless only, but then is a bit pain in the ass to keep them alive. And now with the decay system... I'd rather sail on Gally.

So it still is a landgame with the need for sailing!

Of course, i could tell. The loudest supporter of the new system are the guys that allready played Landloards (hord land, living from taxes) before.

I do support the new system as it is fair. If implemented, a tribe like mine could not have such big territory. The max we can afford as time and reasonable effort is a medium size island. Holding 2 major ones was not right. But if you are allowed to do it - you do it and that is why I find the current system as broken. 

This is a wish, many player will know/avoid a "DICKs" Island, for them it is just minus one island on the map. Many other player dont have a network, they will never know and take it as a given. It is shocking how uninformed the "average Joe" is in this game.

Yes, it is a wishful thinking, but I am optimist 🙂 But even the uninformed people can learn - sometimes it is the hard way. And if they don't - well - this is natural selection too 🙂

Anyway so many things depends on implementation. I will see how it plays out on PTR. IF upkeep is to little, i (solo/duo) will try to claim and make Anarchy Island(s) (just dont delete anything, no working on island progression/playerinteraction). Some people could call it DICK island then, but its simply an alternative use of the game mechanics, nothing to do with natural stupidity (from my point of view it is clever even :)).

It is highly unlikely to have low upkeep. It has been already announced that the smallest islands are going to be affordable for solo/2 players. But these are rocks with no resources or bare minmum - e.g. the small rocks in C4 - you have wood, fiber and berries there. And some crystal.

And i still need confimation that other companys living on a claim will reduce the upkeep, it can also be interpreted as increase of it.

According the info so far - they will reduce it. 

I've read so many posts on the same thing I'm trying to just make a cut and paste list of the problems and the potential solutions for them.

~Lotus

• Like 1

8 hours ago, DoubleHelix said:

Depends of what BPs are you after. To get 180%+ dmg big cannons BP with enough crafts I have spent two weeks in the sea. Reached land for replenishing ammo and repair res.

To do good maps - i.e. 1500+ you have a lot of sailing in front of you - trust me 🙂 About the outposts - you can build them in Lawless only, but then is a bit pain in the ass to keep them alive. And now with the decay system... I'd rather sail on Gally.

I do support the new system as it is fair. If implemented, a tribe like mine could not have such big territory. The max we can afford as time and reasonable effort is a medium size island. Holding 2 major ones was not right. But if you are allowed to do it - you do it and that is why I find the current system as broken. 

Yes, it is a wishful thinking, but I am optimist 🙂 But even the uninformed people can learn - sometimes it is the hard way. And if they don't - well - this is natural selection too 🙂

It is highly unlikely to have low upkeep. It has been already announced that the smallest islands are going to be affordable for solo/2 players. But these are rocks with no resources or bare minmum - e.g. the small rocks in C4 - you have wood, fiber and berries there. And some crystal.

According the info so far - they will reduce it.  

Thanks for your reply.

>BPs RNG is a bitch, we (duo) did one run to GA for 50+ SotD, got two legendary large cannon BPs out of one ship, 170 and 185%(17 crafts). But large speed sails, never seen above 109%?

Regarding TM, i did the sailing, but most is about preperation (collecting huge amout of map, plan the journy), doing discoverys on the way will enlarge the journey, so skip them?

Just dont plan to go to GA with fire elementals, or better at all. When u have your Intelligence set, there is no need to do the ~16+(?)  maps because mythical sucks in PVE otherwise.

I did a journey with at least 1 map (8+) each grid (~20 grids in total), this is ~15-20 minutes per map (without slacking). At some point u have to drop the gold to maintain speed (or go freeport for Silk etc.).

>About your Gally as swimming outpost, lets see how the new ship-upkeep will play out for that, you may end up farming double. And tbh, i let go of lawless outpost if not really needed anymore.

>I learn almost any day, often the hard way! I am not to scared to learn tho. I put many of our tames on wandering on the island for example, just to see how it plays out (some time after wipe anoucement that is, and with 11x (11 stone on the beach - for anarchy patch))

>I prefere the small islands anyway, there are some golden ones out there.

I still want to see the Info about the reduction / increase of upkeep for the stuff they listed.

But the balance of Upkeep will make or break the system, i hope we can agree on that.

Edited by Kummba
missed last part

On 3/10/2019 at 8:34 AM, Winter Thorne said:

On the bright side, almost any design can work with a playerbase of 25

Absolutely the best comment (and truthful) comment I've seen.

New World is releasing their alpha as we speak and I imagine the player count is going to nose dive once it starts to pick up. My buddy already got his download finished, so its not like its weeks away. The first round of emails were done around 7 est tonight. 

7 hours ago, =MGC=Ranger said:

New World is releasing their alpha as we speak and I imagine the player count is going to nose dive once it starts to pick up. My buddy already got his download finished, so its not like its weeks away. The first round of emails were done around 7 est tonight. 

Cool new world I will try for sure. If that games fullfil my needs I am gone from this game.

10 hours ago, =MGC=Ranger said:

Tried it.  Not impressed.

Its annoying as its so very simple .. all islands lawless - maximum claims per size of company 1- 5 man = 2 ------ 6 - 10 = 5 ------- 11- 20 = 10 -------- 21- 35 = 15 ------- 35 - 50 = 20 -------- upwards of 50 = 25 claims - each claim is by planting a foundation, this stipulates a radius within which to build and no one else can build within. Building decay over 7 days once timed out demolishable. Foundation claims can be bought and sold. (see below for why.) Each island has a stipulated number of claims - if you want to own an island you need ALL the island claims. 

Additionally later (something along these lines) --

Building must include the ability to make a port this is the only flaggable claim that can be made (dockable unless banned from the owners land area) I would suggest the corp must own an island before it can build a port - only one port per island. port decay 3 months.

Renting = hotel rooms - docking port space - bank vaults - shipyards (pay to use) - shop space - company owned npc's. All these things  need a port. Bank vaults within which a player can put their gear and it will stay safe - the ability to rent a space on any island where they have them in their port. (this is all in regards to rental) - this means that you can use companies bank vaults wherever they have set up a port. Owners of ports have their own npc police which guard and protect and kill banned players (or get killed by banned players).

Edited by hands solo
  • Like 1

46 minutes ago, hands solo said:

Its annoying as its so very simple .. all islands lawless - maximum claims per size of company 1- 5 man = 2 ------ 6 - 10 = 5 ------- 11- 20 = 10 -------- 21- 35 = 15 ------- 35 - 50 = 20 -------- upwards of 50 = 25 claims - each claim is by planting a foundation, this stipulates a radius within which to build and no one else can build within. Building decay over 7 days once timed out demolishable. Foundation claims can be bought and sold. (see below for why.) Each island has a stipulated number of claims - if you want to own an island you need ALL the island claims. 

Building must include the ability to make a port this is the only flaggable claim that can be made (dockable unless banned from the owners land area) I would suggest the corp must own an island before it can build a port - only one port per island. port decay 3 months.

Renting = hotel rooms - docking port space - bank vaults - shipyards (pay to use) - shop space - company owned npc's. All these things  need a port. Bank vaults within which a player can put their gear and it will stay safe - the ability to rent a space on any island where they have them in their port. (this is all in regards to rental) - this means that you can use companies bank vaults wherever they have set up a port. Owners of ports have their own npc police which guard and protect and kill banned players (or get killed by banned players).

That's an interesting idea.  Not sure I like every detail, but the direction is interesting.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, hands solo said:

Yeah i dobt understand why they didnt just split the island into small grids like every normal map in the world . And you had to claim all the grids on the island to own it , would have even fixed the stupid as f overlap we currently have .. And limit claim flags what they are doing dosnt really work for pve it will just turn into a grief fest all over the place.

Edited by JackTheWack

Specially in eu pve the amount of players that dont speak any english is wayy too god dann high , makes me wonder how bad some countries education system is and how the f they even manage to go on the internet..

After this update I will try to maintain a small island since I am a solo player if it is not possible I will simply abandon.

If this game becomes a game that compels people to play with dozens of other people in the same company I will not be able to play since my friends already abandon it.

If I go out to sail who will stay on the island collecting resources to keep the flag and worrying about griefers?

in theory someone could steal my island just blocking the spawn of metal for example since to maintain stone contructions will be necessary metal just as it is to build stone structures.

If I go out to search for metal at another island, will it be time to go back and my things still be there?

This game looks like it's going to become a Griefer Simulator who is more creative by impersonating others will have it all.

Although I play a lot I have a life I can not dedicate 12 hours of my day for example just to keep the island island saved from griefers, and yes I intend to live there alone I do not want tenants the same way that I do not want to be a tenant of nobody.

As everyone here I bought this game to have fun being a pirate and in PVE I think the only concern we should have is with the environment and creatures of the game not with slaves/ landlords/griefers/cheaters.

In an ideal world everybody should have their island and maybe the only fair solution for all was the single player mode but I find it impossible technically speaking.

8 hours ago, JackTheWack said:

Specially in eu pve the amount of players that dont speak any english is wayy too god dann high , makes me wonder how bad some countries education system is and how the f they even manage to go on the internet..

How many language you know?

English is not the only big language in the world. Mandrin and Spanish are bigger languages then English. 

And why learn English if there biggest trade partners are from example Russia. Probably those countries Lear Russian. 

Not the whole world evolve around English.

But it can be a pain in the ass to communicate in a mmo, that is true.

Edited by awakatanka
  • Like 2