Sign in to follow this  
Realist

Sup Jat

Hey Jat. I recently started playing Conan exiles. Never really gave it a chance since I was so busy with ark. Gotta tell you man, they got a lot of things right and you guys did with ark as well. If you would have worked together it would have been a perfect survival game.

quick side note. Not being able to drink in the rain in Conan pisses me off and after the 50th time I still try it 😡

on the other hand I do like the fact that I don’t sink and drown when my stamina is gone on Conan. So yeah, big diffrence between the two but yet similar.

and in all reality one more benefit from ark is tame resource gathering. The counter to that is that Conan tames will auto teleport to you. Why the hell did you not do that?

suggestuons for atlas. Tame teleport to player after a certain distance. Very valuable. 

Thw other main problem is that everyone wants higher gather rates. This is stupid Jat, and I fully realize that you know that already. What needs to happen is that you need to make certain items cheaper and other more expensive. You see how you can control what you want to co trol now right? 

Yeah some people won’t get that. Anyways, do not make building more expensive and ship building cheaper lol. I get you are promoting sailing but you gotta do better than that. Hell, you added metal and sap and sure enough people were still building.

you gotta realize the people that like the game will deal with anything you do and just keep going. You really aren’t Pleasing anybody by worrying about the fan boys. They take it on the chin like champs 😂

what you need to worry about is potential customers which o am sure you already know but I am saying for the sake of saying.

get this thing going. In a REAL way, real quick

• Thanks 1

The only reason anyone played Conan Exiles was because it had nudity and you could make your lil weewee bigger.

There is no need to take survival elements from bad games... Atlas needs to first pull from other pirate/sandbox games... then it can pull stuff from survival.

Pull ideas from:

Pirates of the Burning Sea  -  ( I mean honestly.... a lot o can be taken from this game... they  the OG.)

Naval Action  -  ( Overall ship combat... canons and ships knowing their place in the food chain... a schooner doesn't run up on a Brig...)

Archage (pre-beta) -- (some of the ways pirates had to make money... not the same way other people did)  (maybe make some factions in Atlas and turn the whole underlying NPC faction into a colonial faction instead of zombies....)

Eve -- (almost everything dealing with their economy system...)

I am sure there are more titles, but each of these games did something that could really help Atlas out.

32 minutes ago, Bolognapwny said:

and you could make your lil weewee bigger

No wonder realist is playing it...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, Bolognapwny said:

The only reason anyone played Conan Exiles was because it had nudity and you could make your lil weewee bigger.

There is no need to take survival elements from bad games... Atlas needs to first pull from other pirate/sandbox games... then it can pull stuff from survival.

Pull ideas from:

Pirates of the Burning Sea  -  ( I mean honestly.... a lot o can be taken from this game... they  the OG.)

Naval Action  -  ( Overall ship combat... canons and ships knowing their place in the food chain... a schooner doesn't run up on a Brig...)

Archage (pre-beta) -- (some of the ways pirates had to make money... not the same way other people did)  (maybe make some factions in Atlas and turn the whole underlying NPC faction into a colonial faction instead of zombies....)

Eve -- (almost everything dealing with their economy system...)

I am sure there are more titles, but each of these games did something that could really help Atlas out.

Nah, nothing like that. They can either do mmo or they can do survival. Not both

8 hours ago, Nutcutt3r said:

No wonder realist is playing it...

Very mature dude

Just keep in mind that CE is on 4.15.3  while atlas is on 4.5...And to boot private servers on Conan exiles are much more exciting then official server.   I mean sure it doesnt have boats but we have thrall and its Conan and It has much more dynamic dungeons  then pirate of dumb caves.   Also graphic is much more pleasing on CE. 

Conan's building system is pretty good, the way you can snap foundations together and rotate them with ease. That would be one thing I would like to see worked on in Atlas.

Edited by Jerrimiah
typo
  • Like 1