Realist

Poor Atlas

6 minutes ago, boomervoncannon said:

He’s waiting for console. 

Yeah he's hoping it will come soon, whilst at the same time trolls everyone on Twitter that asks about console release. A two-faced troll, but he calls it being realist.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, [GP] Guybrush Threepwood said:

Yeah he's hoping it will come soon, whilst at the same time trolls everyone on Twitter that asks about console release. A two-faced troll, but he calls it being realist.

Just for the amusement I'd love to read through these, can you point me to the link please?

9 minutes ago, [GP] Guybrush Threepwood said:

I don't get him either sometimes. He doesn't really like the game, it will never be a success according to him, bashes a lot of people that does like the game, and he does that all, while waiting for the console release. I really don't get him, it's like he's in conflict with himself.

4 hours ago, labatts said:

I believe you are absolutely right. They advertised this game as a survival MMO. The problem is only things MMO about it was the mass players everything else screamed Ark. So what ended up happening is you got a mix of the Ark players / Eve players and the two never mixed. Now Grapeshot is stuck in the middle trying to please both sides which is not going to happen. In my opinion they started out in favor of the ark players and now with the future changes specially to PVP they are trying to please the Eve play style and its just causing nothing but division even more. I think to ease a lot of frustration is to come out and specifically give the player base a long term idea where they are heading in the future with the game which I also believe they have no idea.  Either way they are going to make people quit with their decision but by giving the roadmap now people will be prepared for it. I could be totally wrong but was just my opinion on the matter. 

Yes definitely. Unfortunately they are not big on road maps.

Just now, Abysian said:

I don't get him either sometimes. He doesn't really like the game, it will never be a success according to him, bashes a lot of people that does like the game, and he does that all, while waiting for the console release. I really don't get him, it's like he's in conflict with himself.

No-one gets him. He constantly used to claim ARK is failing and is going to die in 3 months, well it never happened, but he kept claiming it is going to die. Then, when Atlas comes out and has a failed start he compares the player count with ARK and then claims ARK was a success compared to Atlas, even though he repeatedly claimed ARK was going to die when it never did.

See two-faced troll. But yeah his claim in the OP of the biggest reason Atlas is failing is because they are trying to blend too many different genres is not true. The biggest reason they are failing is (excluding the epic damage caused by the launch) because of the claim system which has single-handedly resulted in this upcoming wipe.

The people that are playing and have played this game are the one's that know why things are not working out. Those that haven't played it are baseing everything they say on comments from players, but don't have first-hand experience to backup anything they say.

1 hour ago, Back Stabbath said:

ArK is a shit game. If it was any good the Ark players would be playing it.

Devs need to put an emphasis on fun pvp and mmo gameplay .  Not Ark players  fear of pvp boring gameplay shit. The mass recruit, ally half the server, and just kill really small guy tactics is not fun for most players.

Most players actually enjoy challenge. And want to be rewarded for skill and tactics.

They started out listening to Ark players until they realized that they were rapidly ending up with a dead server, and a failed game. The Ark style is not fun. Ark is a game where all the failed pvpers from other games go to feel good about themselves. Cant compete in actual pvp? Tame a super animal...Boom now you have skill...or..join a giant blob and outnumber some afk tribe..BOOM now you are good at pvp etc.  Prob is most people find that shit boring as fuck, and will just quit if they are forced to do it and find something challenging and fun.

I think you are very right actually. Not completely right but for the most part yes. The problem was the mega tribes. Same problem with atlas, the mega tribes.

ark became crap mostly when server transfers came in. That was the birth of the Megas.

the only reason you are wrong is that some of the more popular servers were small tribe, no tame, and hardcore servers. Which on those servers there was a lot of pvp going on. To add further to it, the arkpocalypse servers where they are wiped every 30 days had an intense amount of pvp on them.

it will always he the Megas that ruin the game. Ark was actually awesome before they were around

50 minutes ago, Willard said:

I know how you exactly know if this game is going to be success 2 years before release 😄 Lol ...

And according to you ARK isn´t success? Can you tell me about more succesfull game in this genre please? Maybe Rust which has slightly bigger population rn. 

How do you define success mr. Realist?

Nope. I didn’t say that at all and actually. I though I was pretty clear when I said that yes ark is a success. I was saying that atlas was not and that ark was the success.

i don’t know how you misread that but I just cleared it up for you.

50 minutes ago, Nutcutt3r said:

Poor Realist....have you bought the game yet?

Yep poor me. If they would hurry up and release it on console I would have to see these comments anymore. So yes, poor me.

32 minutes ago, [GP] Guybrush Threepwood said:

Ah your back. Once again, it’s not trolling. I want it to release soon, but at the same time I am realistic and I know that won’t happen.

to be honest if I was trolling the people on Twitter I would be giving them fake release dates or telling them it was coming out real soon or next week or something.

never knew giving people the truth was trolling but ok. Guess that makes me a troll. Smh

17 minutes ago, Realist said:

Nope. I didn’t say that at all and actually. I though I was pretty clear when I said that yes ark is a success. I was saying that atlas was not and that ark was the success.

i don’t know how you misread that but I just cleared it up for you.

Yep poor me. If they would hurry up and release it on console I would have to see these comments anymore. So yes, poor me.

"dont give me the bs ea crap  that’s old already. Ark was in ea for 2 years. Go take a look at what actual success was."

That´s what u wrote in OP. Your statement about "ARK is a success" really doesn´t correspond with your original post. 

Edited by Willard

Wow, i just noticed. 1050 posts on a forum of a game you don´t even play. Just wow. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Willard said:

"dont give me the bs ea crap  that’s old already. Ark was in ea for 2 years. Go take a look at what actual success was."

That´s what u wrote in OP. Your statement about "ARK is a success" really doesn´t correspond with your original post. 

Because the whole post is about atlas. Atlas is is ea, ark is not. Ark was a success

1 hour ago, Willard said:

Wow, i just noticed. 1050 posts on a forum of a game you don´t even play. Just wow. 

👍

1 hour ago, war machine said:

pretty sure arks numbers exploded when it came out of ea

atlas will recover as well....

Nope. Ark’s numbers have fluctuated but stayed largely steady over the years. Official release was September 2017 and while steam does show a 25% spike that month, it was a spike that the game mostly lost in the next 2 months before the Christmas spike in December that every game gets. It’s numbers increased on release sure, but only incrementally and well within the bounds of similar fluctuations the game has seen in its lifespan. 

Atlas is frankly more of an open question at this point. It’s numbers have done little but decline since EA launch. The good news is that both Ark’s success and the high number of units sold during the launch phase (steam spy puts it between 1 and 2 million) *should* mean that Grapecard can continue to fund Atlas’s development unhindered for quite some time. The current low numbers should not be an immediate problem the way they likely would be for less established indies in terms of being able to keep the doors open.

For Wildshot the bigger long term problem is the negative reputation the game’s disastrous launch left it saddled with. When your game’s launch is so bad that mainstream outlets like Variety and not just industry press are reporting on it, something has gone more than a little bit wrong. That is a pretty big hole to claw your way out of. It’s not that it can’t be done, just that it’s neither typical nor comparable to Ark except by contrast.

4 hours ago, war machine said:

pretty sure arks numbers exploded when it came out of ea

atlas will recover as well....

Even though ark did have a small increase when it released it wasn’t a significant amount. After 2 years of early access most of the people that wanted the game already bought it.

dlc’s were always a good way of bringing the people that left back though

The main problem is that the game is just an ark copy in a diferent setting, and yes, that's a bad thing cuz people tend to stick with the real one. I completely agree with the op that you can't have it both ways. In fact, i already wrote a month ago that if they wanted this to be half the game eve is, they would have to eventually give up most of the hardcore survival stuff. Seems to me that they are trying to work in that direction but im not sure this will be enough, or even if this is gonna be the right way to tackle the problem.

Another step in the good direction, would be to try to give importance to ships, and specifically ship battles. They are by far the coolest thing in this game and what makes it different, but they are absolutely irrelevant and i haven't seen them try to change that.  It would be great if they also give us more options for weapons, designs and shipclasses. Instead, we are getting a giant crap nobody asked for and a submarine to explore the bottom of the ocean. These guys really need to get their shit together, or they are going to poop the bed again, and i think they are running out of chances.

• Like 2

On 3/10/2019 at 7:44 AM, lordkhan4444 said:

simple fix for this game to make most people happy would just be to make everything like lawless and give each person 1 claim flag which protects there boats when they log off problem solved why is this so difficult?

Exactly. Like many of us have said before - One man one clam. Make anchored ships on the clam be indestructible 30 min after no company member have been online and open up the flag for hostile takeover after some time, maybe a week or something. Make companies pay upkeep on everything they build outside of the claim. If a company have 5 members then 5 claim flags can be placed and so on. Make it so players can sell there claim and (on PVE) there ships for gold and other rewards.

11 hours ago, war machine said:

steam isnt the only platforms

they launched on playstation and xbox  and they wasnt ea

It was out on Xbox over a year before it was launched. PlayStation was very close to the official launch but with me being an Xbox player I was playing ark for about a year and a half before it fully launched.