Sign in to follow this  
BumbleBumble

Remove/Nerf Grapeshot swivels from boat.s

I've been trying to get some friends back to the game and the number one issue they had was they used to love boarding ships during fights. Via glider/grappling hooks etc. But after a while, everyone started putting a npc swivel on every ship bigger than a sloop. Killed their interest in the game, wondering if anyone else has the same thoughts?

I think Sea of Thieves style of anchoring a hostile ship so you can actually brawl it out/board ships is really awesome and something we're lacking in the current meta. 

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

I agree and think NPC's should only be able to be used on sails and repairs nothing else not even land based weapons, puckles etc.

It's supposed to be a pvp game but instead its player versus npc.

The devs took them off canon carriages for the same reason.

Don’t listen to the rat, he doesn’t know where he is talking about. As for the swivels, people always think that removing something is the solution. No, just balance it. Just like they need to do with this. If the devs can’t make them less accurate then my only guess would be to remove them. 

Christ, I ask for thoughts and your out with personal attacks? Poor show Percieval. 

Also if you'd seen past the red and actually looked at the title you'll see the word 'nerf' too. Which is exactly what you're suggesting =/ 

5 minutes ago, BumbleBumble said:

Christ, I ask for thoughts and your out with personal attacks? Poor show Percieval. 

Also if you'd seen past the red and actually looked at the title you'll see the word 'nerf' too. Which is exactly what you're suggesting =/ 

.. that’s what I said. I’m not sure what you mean with ‘personal attacks’ - I’m not sure if you have been in discussions before or anything like that. But there are 0 ‘personal attacks’. 

50 minutes ago, Percieval said:

Don’t listen to the rat, he doesn’t know where he is talking about. 

My apologies, I miss read this. I thought you were directing that at me. 

Without the swivels i would have left a long time ago, we had to put swivels around the boat when they was parked in the harbour since griefers did just swim to the boat and put down explosive barrels, oil jars and what not to the places puckles couldnt shoot. 

So removing offline defence isnt the solution to offline raiding. 

• Like 1

@Knivet
I'm talking about Online play though. When you're ship isnt anchored or protected by the offline protections. 

Would you not like to see some sort of boarding actions in PVP? 

Problem is that historically swivel guns were part of a ships defence. It's doing what it's supposed to. If the issue is simply that npc are using them onboard a ship, well they are ships guns and NPCs use ships guns. Not sure how that can be changed.

Just shoot em. Blow em up maybe, naw you dont like something so just get rid of it right?

Pretty soon we will be down to fighting with rocks and sticks.

"His stick has too many branches" Nerf It!

4 hours ago, BumbleBumble said:

@Knivet
I'm talking about Online play though. When you're ship isnt anchored or protected by the offline protections. 

Would you not like to see some sort of boarding actions in PVP? 

First thing we need is somewhat playable fps to actually board a ship, i dont see a point of boarding a ship for a swordfight with 30 fps.

An answer to encourage more boarding would be to create a new type of ballista that shoots a giant hook over to another players boat and slowly pulls the boat inward.  I would go as far as needing two of these to hook a Brig or bigger while one could be used for smaller ships.   Of course there would be a defense to this the other ship being boarded would get a chance to cut the line to deter the attack.  These new types of ballistas should be player used only and no npc's s should be allowed to use.  However the defender could have idle npc's or maybe even a new captain command to allow idle npc's to cut the line.  These new Ballistas should have stationary positions that can only mount them on the side of ships.  

They're fine as is. They basically just provide some insurance against 1 boarder being able to take out a galleon. 

Figure out where they are, take them out first. Board at your leasure. 

In general i contradict Percival, but in this case he is correct.

“nerf this, nerf that“ is not the solution. Use your brain and find a workaround. Atlas is the pefect tactics trainer for everybody.

If you lose your ship to a pirate... blame him !

If this happens again... blame you !😂