Hattrix

(Poll) WHO WANTS AN ISLAND?

(Poll) WHO WANTS AN ISLAND?  

164 members have voted

1. 1. (Poll) WHO WANTS AN ISLAND?

• I want to claim (own) the whole island and the perks & responsibilities that go with it. I want to be the landlord.
    • I want to live under someone else's rule (Someone else owns the island you build on. They are the landlord. You are at their mercy.)
    • I want my own claim to build on (with sufficient space for shipyards, farms.. ect). No one is my landlord. 1 claim per person only.
    • I want my own claim to build on (with sufficient space for shipyards, farms.. ect). No one is my landlord. MORE than 1 claim per person.
    • Some other option that isn't listed (add yours to the comments)

If this thread does not show the devs very clearly how we want to play this game, I don't know what will. 

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Zadira said:

If this thread does not show the devs very clearly how we want to play this game, I don't know what will. 

I already pointed this out. To me the thread shows incredible bias. The OP put negatives attached to the first positives attached to the other 2.

The other thing you have to realize is that this poll does not control who votes. I could put 1k votes on whatever I wanted to win and be like that is clearly what the game wants. PvP only players could come vote. There's a lot of reasons this isn't clear or accurate.

What is wanted is the ability to get land in a fair manner. The problem is what I see is fair and what you see if fair can be different.

~Lotus

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Polar Express said:

Lol if i own an island and see one pillar blocking anything im evicting the group who placed it. Theres no place for people that selfish in any game. Just demolish everything they own. Id encourage any island owner to do the same. Pillaring should equal perma ban from the server.

And how would you evict them exactly? You can't. Also, the moment you are offline for 12 hours there's increased chances of pillars/foundations being permanent.

Edited by [GP] Guybrush Threepwood

6 hours ago, [GP] Guybrush Threepwood said:

And how would you evict them exactly? You can't. Also, the moment you are offline for 12 hours there's increased chances of pillars/foundations being permanent.

They posted that they would probably increase the timeframe in PvE due to the fact that there is no alternative way to demolish another companies structures, unlike PVP.

So the devs could decide to make that timeframe a week in PvE servers, or add an exclusion list like they have already with the current flag system.  Especially if they have to step in too often because an island owner was unable to respond while on vacation.

6 minutes ago, CoopedUp said:

They posted that they would probably increase the timeframe in PvE due to the fact that there is no alternative way to demolish another companies structures, unlike PVP.

So the devs could decide to make that timeframe a week in PvE servers, or add an exclusion list like they have already with the current flag system.  Especially if they have to step in too often because an island owner was unable to respond while on vacation.

The timeframe is unlikely to be extended as far as a week. You honestly believe they will have a game where people find an island that is already claimed, they build a house and it is not safe from the settlement owner for an entire week? That would be ridiculous.

Also, the timeframe doesn't help in any way to evict players from the island.

The exclusion list would be a good way to evict companies, but not sure how that would work unless you know the company ID. But presumably the Company ID can change if a new Company is made.

1 hour ago, [GP] Guybrush Threepwood said:

But presumably the Company ID can change if a new Company is made.

I could see them extending it to a week maybe.  It might be a little long, but it does offset that on PVP a landowner can place down a cannon and shoot a structure outside raid and war times.

And by making a new company you would get a new ID, maybe.  But then you are locked out of all your boats, structures, tames and everything else.  Renaming a Company does not change its ID, so you wouldn't be able to do it that way.

2 hours ago, CoopedUp said:

Even a week wouldn't cover vacations.

I can't see devs ever getting involved in those kinds of arguments anyway.  I think when it's done, it's done, if it follows the game rules.

6 hours ago, Winter Thorne said:

I can't see devs ever getting involved in those kinds of arguments anyway.  I think when it's done, it's done, if it follows the game rules.

A week should be more then enough time.  I mean we're talking about an entire company here, not just a single person.  One person in the company may take a longer vacation or break from the game but usually even if the company is 2-3 people then someone will probably be on before that 1 week timer.

And the Devs get involved currently, why would they stop completely?  The new system isn't going to completely fix every system, but it will lighten their work load and constant barrage of messages.

On 3/9/2019 at 12:44 PM, EyEamInfidel said:

If the game is to succeed then people need to not be greedy.

A person needs only a place to store things and build

Not be a landlord, go play civilization if you want a city

Its a game people wanna explore and build not work for others

BUBBALOOEY CAN KILL ALL YOUR ENEMIES PAY ME GOLD!

6 hours ago, Winter Thorne said:

NPC'S SHOULD BE ABLE TO HOLD A FORT DOWN AS LONG AS YOU PAY AND FEED THEM CHEERIOS!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

without the 4 day wipe threat, I had no problem living in lawless.   Make reported excessive pillar/floor spam an offense, that is punishable with all company's buildings wipe.  I do think companies would risk it after a couple whines on the boards.   The all lawless would work.

Edited by José Gaspar