Daemon Cross

People left the game ?

51 minutes ago, Kidori said:

I had considered this as well.

I had made a topic in General Discussions about it, and can only hope someone at Grapeshot saw it. But I posted it at 2AM and it ended up buried by morning so who knows.

Basically the gist is that we need the tools to make it easier to find a place to set up. We've already seen that a lot of players will not continue to sail around from island to island to island looking for a spot of land. Sooner or later they'll give up. If we had a way to advertise and find land then that would negate a lot of the frustration revolving around finding land. With not a lot of time between now and the patch a simple forum section for it will suffice, though in the future I'd like to see it as its own UI in-game.

Other games I've played had you spawn at a town (like in this game you spawn at a freeport). At the town there would be a bulletin board that listed places that would take in new players.

So I think we will still have freeports, although we are getting a change to allow any grid be a home server. A feature could be added to list islands and their location that are accepting new players.

Another possible way to handle this (hopefully all this gets worked out on the test server opening on the 20th) is a color on the map to indicate whether an island has room and is open to new players. So red, full or no building wanted. Yellow possible means ask first. Green, all newcomers welcome, or something like this.

• Like 1

From my understanding, those who can claim a island will have control on that island, they will have a limited window to demolish structures that are built. (I’ve heard almost 72 hours which is to long) For those who are settling the island, it will be like lawless, build anywhere you want, pillar spam, foundation spam build around your neighbors or over them.  If your structures last through the limited window for it to be destroyed your golden.

I wish they cared more about pve but as most of us can tell it’s just a after thought.

I was really hoping they would announce some new changes with the latest captains log but after the details set forth for pvp they basically said nothing is changing from the last log for pve.

they did say there would be more wipes though.

• Like 1

Well I am and you are ? I see others who are starting to play, well I probably shouldn’t have mentioned the server wipe cause I haven’t seen them since, that or perhaps it was the new claim system coming out. I don’t know to be honest, I did let them talk to you after I’d done left the region, you may be plotting against the pve servers and secretly recruiting for pvp servers. I mean our region had a lot of people still after the wipe was mentioned and now you don’t see anyone.😝

Edited by Daemon Cross
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Daemon Cross said:

Well I am and you are ? I see others who are starting to play, well I probably shouldn’t have mentioned the server wipe cause I haven’t seen them since, that or perhaps it was the new claim system coming out. I don’t know to be honest, I did let them talk to you after I’d done left the region, you may be plotting against the pve servers and secretly recruiting for pvp servers. I mean our region had a lot of people still after the wipe was mentioned and now you don’t see anyone.😝

I'm sure on the official servers, people have stopped playing because all their stuff will just be wiped.

On private servers, many have also stopped playing, but for a slightly different reason. They don't know if a wipe will be needed or not, so the uncertainty of what is going to happen has made many decide to play other games that don't cause so much anxiety as Atlas.

2 hours ago, Daemon Cross said:

I did not chase the new people away, I swear.  I was very nice to them and I hid so they couldn't get a look at me.

Maybe it was the snakes.