Daemon Cross

People left the game ?

Good decent people that want to play PVE instead of PVP, Don't want the PVP in their game. They are there to have fun, relax, And not have all the Politic's in their game. Having these big organizations taking the Inlands and making the pay TRIBUTES (TAXES)  No matter how good the games is they don't have to put up with that (THAT IS PVP GAME PLAY NOT PVE PERIOD. i ENJOY THE GAME, BUT I AM TIRED OF ALL THE PVP BULL SHIT IN THE PVE MAKE IT NO LONGER PVE (SAME OLD BULL SHIT PEOPLE WANT TO  GET AWAY FROM 

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Winter Thorne said:

Well, technically you're not.  And that's the problem.  A griefer is someone who goes around the game mechanisms to hurt other players.  The devs have given you a mechanism to hurt other players on a silver platter.  In fact, they encourage it.

You really need to dial it back a little mate, you can hide behind walls of text but the underpinning argument is "I'm right, you're wrong and so are the devs" 

Not trying to put words/designs into the devs mouth here but it APPEARS (to me) that the Devs have followed a fairly obvious trend of creating a game in which not everyone is equal. They (to me) appear to be trying to balance it so that even those who are NOT equal are able to obtain enjoyment within the game AROUND the systems and creating systems which encourage those at the top end to share with those at the bottom. 

I'm not saying the game CANT be the way you want it to be but you're getting pretty rude about insisting that it should be. 

Unfollowing this thread as it has truly degraded 😞 best of luck to you Winter but I truly think you should step back and consider your position in relation to the developmental progression of the game. Unofficial servers can be made any way you want them to be... the officials need to follow along the developers path.

• Haha 2

13 hours ago, Daemon Cross said:

I can’t comment on what has happened to the pvp side of the game, I won’t assume that I know anything about it. I know your pain though when it comes to players leaving.

Lotus - you were one of the top companies and the game mechanics encourage that. I understand but that still does not make it right,  as a solo player I was able to find claims and then gave them away to help others. You took claims in order to hold rank. With as many people complaining in the forums about not being able to find land, you felt holding a rank was more important then having a player base. By holding land you didn’t need is that not a form of causing grief to someone who held no land ?  The issue was that there wasn’t a place to build, the issue was that no one wanted to build on someone elses land. Which is the same system that is currently being implemented just in a different form. 

You may own the island, your company may push smaller players out so you can have what they got. That is the system now and the system that is coming, so explain how the new system is going to bring players back to stay ?

You stated that you had a lot of people who signed in on a weekly basis but that number dwindled, without players to have other players to interact with you don’t have a mmo. You stated that the game got to a point that you switched to pvp a couple weeks before the announcement of the wipe.  You switched because companies like yours pushed so many people out of the game or pve side on official that it was no longer fun, there are a few of us still playing the pve side on official and it’s not because we have rank or more claims then we need it’s because we only have a few claims and made our homes on them. There is enough of us in different companies that we’ve become a little community and it’s not because of rank or how much land land we have, it’s because we would rather help someone then see them quit the game.

I hope you are starting to understand why I said you were part of the problem whether you played by the encouragement of the game design or not.

TPG is a group that goes up to small tribes and says join or die. If you resist they use their numbers to smash everything you have. They go up to people they allied with and say give us your flags or we wipe you. Ham and Pig (The group from the video) is an RP group. I was on the same grid as them when we went to PvP. They are literally fighting oppression in that video. When they talk to the guy like why are you with TPG you can hear it in his voice that he doesn't want to be there but he is afraid to resist them because he doesn't want to lose everything his tribe owns and start over. What he was doing though was considered offlining which is frowned on but is not against the rules. The new patch makes it so you can't do that to protect the bigger tribes from nakeds and the smaller tribes from offline raids. It has not been taken the best by some players it's going to be tested.

So if I have the story straight you stated that Grapeshot for a FACT supports griefing. I asked for proof you provided no proof just gossip. I asked where the proof was. You tried to dodge the fact that it wasn't proof. You then admitted you had no clue what you were talking about. My face was like this -_-

You are now talking about Lotus like you know about us. With that same matter of fact idea. A huge chunk of the land we got (about 50-75%) came from mergers. Which I already stated. They merged because I cultivate an environment that people want to be in. So somebody joins with us and I should go kick their house down and give away the claims they brought in to make you happy? That is basically what you are telling me to do. We wanted to stay on the top 10 so we did something to maintain that spot. This is again something you were talking about but you don't know anything about. If a land claim is worth 1 point a sea claim is worth 1/2 point. Go look at us on the map. Again my face is like this -_-

I believe they want this game to have land owners and tenants. The actions of the developers have shown that is what they want. If you get land it needs to be difficult. My first claim was 14 hours of sailing on a raft. This was before they made sailing so much easier with the always having wind.

As for the whole why we went to PvP. We did all current PvE content. Killing the kraken 3-4 times is enough for most people but I wanted to make sure that everybody that was at the world first got credit for a kraken kill. Of the 170-180 people only 3-4 got credit. So I spent 2 weeks setting up runs. Over 1k players got their kraken kill with me. I didn't do it alone it was a team effort and it's fun to meet people. To get to share the super exciting experience with them. After there was no content left though some groups decided to go see how much land they could get. This is when some groups went from 80-200 claims to over 1k. Rather than play claim games because as a tribe we had all the land we needed we went to PvP to play around there. 1/4 of my tribe is ex-pvpers that got tired of the constant state of alert you had to be in and wanted to just experience things like the powerstones. Other players went to other games. So a huge influx happened from what me and my brother have coined the abyss. Think of the game as a mountain and we climbed that mountain and looked to the horizon. Instead of a view of exciting things we saw miles and miles of nothing.

10 hours ago, Daemon Cross said:

Not sure who you are referring to that didn’t have claims, not sure you even read through the recent comments.

I’ll catch you up - one person says they suggested what is coming to the developers saying that since him and a few others were the top 10 companies in the game because they held the most land claims that this is a single owner of a island should be a good idea. They can be landlords having 15 members of their company to each large island as a reward for holding land in the current system and becoming one of the top 10 companies. They will police everyone else by basically saying if you follow our rules you can build here if you don’t we will force you out.

I think that sums up that part, now the other half you missed is where those of us who done as you done had land, not much but 1 to 3 claims is against their idea and were saying they are the reason people couldn’t find land with the original system.

Now that you are caught up you can choose to be with the large companies who will control everything or against them. Most of us are against them 

I kinda want to show you the map of Lotus and explain how every area came into the tribe.

I think it will be even more fun to just make things up cause I have no doubt you have no clue what you are talking about or just trolling.

What was actually said is the devs went to the 40 companies that comprise of the 4 servers. We were each given a triforce. If we come together as 3 leaders we can unlock admin for 1 hour. We are able to generate anything we want but not give it to people. We are also allowed to put a ban token on a players account. If a player gets 3 ban tokens their account is banned from atlas. Every account we ban gives us a soul token. If we collect 1,000 soul tokens our tribe will be granted immortality and be unkillable, never have to go to the fountain of youth, fly, and most importantly be able to generate and throw a bola with E so in a way the immortals can hit you with the E-bola!

-_-

8 hours ago, Jack Shandy said:

That's probably because they don't want everyone to have land.

All pirate tales tell of island governors, good and bad. - is it bad to try and replicate this?

All communities need a leader, is every member of your company a leader? if not you are already in your eye's a slave or a slaver.

I am 95% sure they pitched this idea to the angel investor as a lords and peasants game and are trying to keep it that way.

8 hours ago, Daemon Cross said:

I’m neither a slave or a slaver😎 that’s what we are trying to get across to you all, solo players are neither the slaves or the slavers, we can have a community without having a leader, we don’t need someone to give us directions because we are able think on our own. You should try it sometime, not everyone is a follower and wants someone to lead them, some of us travel our own paths and meet people along the way.  

The last tale of pirates I heard of was called Black Sails and I do believe they fought for freedom there to, there was a community but it was there as a trade city where pirates could trade stolen goods, Blackbeard lived on a island with his crew, my crew and I’m sure yours are as well are npc so they can live on the ships. So in our game I guess Freeport’s are the trade towns and everyone else should live on their own claim, not under someone else.

I bet you were referring to Peter Pans tribe of misfits and we are all going to live happily under one person who tells us what to do.  Let’s see - Ah yes Pirates of the Caribbean- I don’t think they had little groups where they all cozy up and told bedtime stories either, they had a port they all went to though.

I’m sorry I can think of several other pirates, Redbeard, Davey Jones and some others but you know I don’t think any of them would ever live under someone else.

None of them were followers and neither is your company leader. We don’t need dictators in the game, we need FREEDOM!!!

You are preaching anarchy and trying rally people with you it's just funny.

Who is this "we" you are talking about? It's mainly just you -_-

Who are you telling to try to think on their own? I literally just pointed out that you followed the whole Dollie torchmob and they were wrong and you tried to point at it then you were like I have no idea what hell I am talking about. In blacksails you have the leader and the higher up crew as the players and the NPC's would be the guys doing things like sails. I have a member that likes to shoot the cannons he tends to miss alot but if he is having fun go for it.

As for the NPC are they crew or are they actually slaves and you are renting them? Just wanted to point that out.

This is again going to show you don't know what you are talking about. Davey Jones's locker is a place sailors would go when they would drown. Davey Jones was basically a sea devil. Redbeard could refer to a few different people. The most common for piracy would be a pirate that had a fairly large fleet. Would capture people then sell them as slaves.

I have a serious question for you at this point. Do you just say things but have no actual facts behind what you say?

~Lotus

• Like 2

8 hours ago, John Profit said:

Good decent people that want to play PVE instead of PVP, Don't want the PVP in their game. They are there to have fun, relax, And not have all the Politic's in their game. Having these big organizations taking the Inlands and making the pay TRIBUTES (TAXES)  No matter how good the games is they don't have to put up with that (THAT IS PVP GAME PLAY NOT PVE PERIOD. i ENJOY THE GAME, BUT I AM TIRED OF ALL THE PVP BULL SHIT IN THE PVE MAKE IT NO LONGER PVE (SAME OLD BULL SHIT PEOPLE WANT TO  GET AWAY FROM 

That is why keeping tribes on their own island is so perfect. People can have their own island and do whatever they want on it.

• Like 2

Lotus you like like to type, I’ll give you that much- when I was referring to the pirates I was referring to not being under someone, when you said that my npc is paid slaves I just completely lost on that. I’m basically just a employer who has hired them, it’s no different than any work anywhere, if I don’t pay and feed them they quit. 

In the video you stated that the shooting of the Galleon was offlineing, which is frowned upon, I’m sorry but is that not the same as griefing, destroying someone’s property while it’s not being used for what it was intended.  I mean I didn’t see it at sea in a battle, I seen it anchored at shore.

If Dollie is supporting the video is she as well not supporting the actions in the video ? I mean she did post it and give the link out then defended against the actions saying he was caught.  Any way you look at it, destroying someone’s property in a way that it wasn’t intended to be destroyed in is griefing.  If I park my truck and my ex  comes up with a baseball bat and destroys it, am I not being griefed because that truck was fine sitting there, I wasn’t in the vehicle out playing in the woods, jumping water breaks with it.  Do you get my meaning ?

When I said “we” I was referring to others who have posted along the same lines in different threads, you already knew that so now who is trolling.

I do apologize when I was referring to you, I didn’t realize your company name was lotus as well. I don’t know who the top 10 companies are to be honest without looking them up. I know they held claims they didn’t use, tried to rent claims out and basically didn’t care if people couldn’t find land.  

No I don’t know how much land your company had. I’m guessing it was more than you used though?

I know you said you had what 60 to 80 people who would get online through a weeks time ? ( trying to remember because I don’t feel like scrolling back up to see) so how much land did your company end up acquiring with your mergers vs the 60 to 80 members you had ?  You brought it up so now I’m curious ?

No I don’t just say things to be saying them, do you ?

I have to apologize, I’m normally on my phone at work during a break when I check the forums and try to reply or post so at times things seem messed up it’s because of me trying to hurry before I run out of time.

Oh I’m not even going to comment on that statement you made about having banning rights, blow smoke up someone else’s ass that may believe you.

28 minutes ago, Daemon Cross said:

Lotus you like like to type, I’ll give you that much- when I was referring to the pirates I was referring to not being under someone, when you said that my npc is paid slaves I just completely lost on that. I’m basically just a employer who has hired them, it’s no different than any work anywhere, if I don’t pay and feed them they quit. 

In the video you stated that the shooting of the Galleon was offlineing, which is frowned upon, I’m sorry but is that not the same as griefing, destroying someone’s property while it’s not being used for what it was intended.  I mean I didn’t see it at sea in a battle, I seen it anchored at shore.

If Dollie is supporting the video is she as well not supporting the actions in the video ? I mean she did post it and give the link out then defended against the actions saying he was caught.  Any way you look at it, destroying someone’s property in a way that it wasn’t intended to be destroyed in is griefing.  If I park my truck and my ex  comes up with a baseball bat and destroys it, am I not being griefed because that truck was fine sitting there, I wasn’t in the vehicle out playing in the woods, jumping water breaks with it.  Do you get my meaning ?

When I said “we” I was referring to others who have posted along the same lines in different threads, you already knew that so now who is trolling.

I do apologize when I was referring to you, I didn’t realize your company name was lotus as well. I don’t know who the top 10 companies are to be honest without looking them up. I know they held claims they didn’t use, tried to rent claims out and basically didn’t care if people couldn’t find land.  

No I don’t know how much land your company had. I’m guessing it was more than you used though?

I know you said you had what 60 to 80 people who would get online through a weeks time ? ( trying to remember because I don’t feel like scrolling back up to see) so how much land did your company end up acquiring with your mergers vs the 60 to 80 members you had ?  You brought it up so now I’m curious ?

No I don’t just say things to be saying them, do you ?

I have to apologize, I’m normally on my phone at work during a break when I check the forums and try to reply or post so at times things seem messed up it’s because of me trying to hurry before I run out of time.

I will show you my claims in a video. It will also tell the history of Lotus 😛

~Lotus

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Daemon Cross said:

I’m neither a slave or a slaver😎 that’s what we are trying to get across to you all, solo players are neither the slaves or the slavers, we can have a community without having a leader, we don’t need someone to give us directions because we are able think on our own. You should try it sometime, not everyone is a follower and wants someone to lead them, some of us travel our own paths and meet people along the way.  

The last tale of pirates I heard of was called Black Sails and I do believe they fought for freedom there to, there was a community but it was there as a trade city where pirates could trade stolen goods, Blackbeard lived on a island with his crew, my crew and I’m sure yours are as well are npc so they can live on the ships. So in our game I guess Freeport’s are the trade towns and everyone else should live on their own claim, not under someone else.

I bet you were referring to Peter Pans tribe of misfits and we are all going to live happily under one person who tells us what to do.  Let’s see - Ah yes Pirates of the Caribbean- I don’t think they had little groups where they all cozy up and told bedtime stories either, they had a port they all went to though.

I’m sorry I can think of several other pirates, Redbeard, Davey Jones and some others but you know I don’t think any of them would ever live under someone else.

None of them were followers and neither is your company leader. We don’t need dictators in the game, we need FREEDOM!!!

But you don't want it to be like black sails or blackbeards island.

This black sails trade city, did it have docking fees? (help with upkeep). Could you get market value for your plunder? (Tax)

Could you rock up to blackbeards island and build a base? (delete your base, cause he's an ass)

Thieves and pirates get very little return on their trades, and then they usualy needed to get to a legitimate port to buy the most important commodity, food, and that agian would be taxed.

But this is a game, and you can make everything you need rather than have to go and purchase or steal everything. So the tax is on resources gathered, want food, kill a cow not pay for it, want planks for your ship, chop trees down not buy from a trader. any tax is a game mechanic to somewhat replicate you buying food or planks.

39 minutes ago, Lotus said:

I will show you my claims in a video. It will also tell the history of Lotus 😛

~Lotus

I’ll watch it if you post it, I’ll do that much but try to keep it short,  I am limited on my time.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Jack Shandy said:

This black sails trade city, did it have docking fees? (help with upkeep). Could you get market value for your plunder? (Tax)

Could you rock up to blackbeards island and build a base? (delete your base, cause he's an ass)

Thieves and pirates get very little return on their trades, and then they usualy needed to get to a legitimate port to buy the most important commodity, food, and that agian would be taxed.

But this is a game, and you can make everything you need rather than have to go and purchase or steal everything. So the tax is on resources gathered, want food, kill a cow not pay for it, want planks for your ship, chop trees down not buy from a trader. any tax is a game mechanic to somewhat replicate you buying food or planks.

Blackbeard was on an island next to me, I don't know how big the company is but he spammed foundations all over the island. He also had huge gates stopping people from doing treasure maps, I often asked nicely in chat to open the gates and they wouldn't, can't stand blackbeard and I hope they get what's coming to them eventually.

• Thanks 1

38 minutes ago, Jack Shandy said:

How did we get on taxation? This has nothing to do with the claim system, I’ve never complained about the taxes because I’ve never paid it any attention. I need x amount of y, so I gather x amount until y is met and then I move on.

We are or were talking about living under someone else, I am against it and will probably live in lawless or find my own Little Rock and build there.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, DannyUK said:

Blackbeard was on an island next to me, I don't know how big the company is but he spammed foundations all over the island. He also had huge gates stopping people from doing treasure maps, I often asked nicely in chat to open the gates and they wouldn't, can't stand blackbeard and I hope they get what's coming to them eventually.

Guy I was quoting was talking about the real blackbeard, but looks like someones playing him somewhat as described 🙂

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, DannyUK said:

Danny, Blackbeard we were referring to was in a tv series called Blacksails.

Sorry you were done that way, must suck to have treasure maps blocked, i often wondered if people knew they were blocking them in when they built there, you’d think the game mechanics would have set up to where you couldn’t build on them.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Daemon Cross said:

Danny, Blackbeard we were referring to was in a tv series called Blacksails.

Sorry you were done that way, must suck to have treasure maps blocked, i often wondered if people knew they were blocking them in when they built there, you’d think the game mechanics would have set up to where you couldn’t build on them.

Oh ok sorry I thought you guys were talking about the company because he was a nightmare on our islands. I used to do maps on a weekend only and would manage to do them all in my grid apart from the ones behind his gates, I threw 6 maps away because he would just ignore me asking to open the gates even though they are running around.

I hope they are far away from me next time around because I don't want to live next to them that's for sure. Hopefully they do change the mechanics for the maps, it was really annoying to give them up. I used to take my tame with me to do them so was a pain if you have to jump over walls and gates.

3 minutes ago, Daemon Cross said:

How did we get on taxation? This has nothing to do with the claim system, I’ve never complained about the taxes because I’ve never paid it any attention. I need x amount of y, so I gather x amount until y is met and then I move on.

We are or were talking about living under someone else, I am against it and will probably live in lawless or find my own Little Rock and build there.

Taxes and landlords are basicaly the same issue. 

some people don't want to help with island upkeep in the new system if they are too small or by some other means unable to aquire land. They expect others to pay the upkeep and freeload off their backs.

You may come across a landowner like the blackbeard you described, and I suspect we all will. and they will have to play this MMO on their own as many will not treat or trade with people like that.

12 hours ago, Jack Shandy said:

All pirate tales tell of island governors, good and bad. - is it bad to try and replicate this?

All communities need a leader, is every member of your company a leader? if not you are already in your eye's a slave or a slaver.

That's not a community.  You can't just call something a settlement and have it be a community.

I have no problem with the game having communities and leaders.  In fact, I hope they do that. But this isn't that.  There is nearly no difference at all between a settlement and a company, except that this adds rules for land ownership.  It's likely that settlements will just be company land with whatever outsiders are needed to take up the rest of the space.  What can a settlement do that a company can't do?

See, I think the devs are cheating a bit here. 

I've been in games that worked really well that have had communities with governors, kings, mayors, etc., and communities where the people took on roles like treasurer or something.  The game has to provide them the mechanics to organize like that.  There were town-owned buildings, voting systems, public bulletin boards right in the game.  The towns had an economy - if your shops didn't do well, you weren't going to be buying those defenses you wanted or the big storage building that gave all your crops a 2x.  The games also provided reasons for the players to organize and belong to the towns and to do the work to improve it.  There was competition with the other towns over trade and resources, there was diplomacy and failed diplomacy with backstabbing and treachery, town vs, town pvp with NPC troops.   Towns could take control of neutral areas where NPCs lived and add them to the town.  Players organized in other ways too -  everyone had a profession and a professional guild they belonged to with a guild leader, and that guild would have members in multiple towns.    They could belong to one of the games religions and organize around that as well.

But the games had to provide the whole structure behind the towns, a reason for them to be there in the first place, a way people with various playstyles to contribute (fighter, farmer, politician, shopkeeper, spy), and make all those roles valuable.

Grapeshot is trying a huge shortcut to making a settlement with a governor.    There's no common goal for the settlement.  They've put nothing in the game for these people to work together for as a team, and in fact, they've made it so they work against each other.  The governor tries to tell everyone what to do and can delete their stuff, and the only way tenants can express their displeasure is by using the "build anywhere" rule and saying "I'll do what I damn well please".     

If you really want settlement communities in the game, you have to add that whole structure on top of the basic game.  You can't just say all the first and fast ones are going to own settlements, and the rest of you will be "the community.  You'll own nothing.  We've given you no ways to work together, and nothing to work toward.  The owner may belong to some other group you aren't a part of, and it's your job to just pay him and not annoy him.  If you're lucky, the owner will be nice."

That's not a community.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Lotus said:

That is why keeping tribes on their own island is so perfect. People can have their own island and do whatever they want on it.

It's not perfect at all.  It's going to suck.

The thing I liked best about this game is that small tribes and solos were able to find friends and get together and do stuff because they were on the same island and seeing each other around all the time.  I'd be having a hard time with something and someone would run over and help and vice versa.  That's how small tribes and solos get a community feel in MMOs.  (Anyone who thinks they don't interact with other players just doesn't get it).

I saw 3 good communities break apart early on because of griefing and lack of land to claim.  People just quit the game, and the places got deserted.

Later on when so many people had quit that land started becoming available, I got to be part of another community.  That'll be gone now too.  Everybody exchanged steam IDs to try to stick together after the wipe, but we'll all be on our own islands now.  So instead of all running around seeing each other every day and helping each other, if we're lucky we'l all get in the same zone and they'll just be another voice in general chat.

It would be better if they gave the small islands to the big companies and left the big islands to split up among the solos and smalls.  The big companies organize themselves and stick together anyway.  They don't need to all sit on the same land.

10 hours ago, MisterMyztik said:

You really need to dial it back a little mate, you can hide behind walls of text but the underpinning argument is "I'm right, you're wrong and so are the devs" 

Not trying to put words/designs into the devs mouth here but it APPEARS (to me) that the Devs have followed a fairly obvious trend of creating a game in which not everyone is equal. They (to me) appear to be trying to balance it so that even those who are NOT equal are able to obtain enjoyment within the game AROUND the systems and creating systems which encourage those at the top end to share with those at the bottom. 

I'm not saying the game CANT be the way you want it to be but you're getting pretty rude about insisting that it should be. 

Unfollowing this thread as it has truly degraded 😞 best of luck to you Winter but I truly think you should step back and consider your position in relation to the developmental progression of the game. Unofficial servers can be made any way you want them to be... the officials need to follow along the developers path.

Thanks for the advice.

It's interesting  that in this huge thread full of long posts where (mostly 3) people are kicking around game design topics, you feel my walls of text are different than anyone else's.  Or that the force of my arguments is more rude than anyone else's.  Sorry you feel that the topic has degraded.  I guess you missed the parts where some of us are moving our opinions around based on what the others say, and have actually come up with some new ideas and new things to try.

Good thing about the forums...if a thread doesn't appeal to you,  you can just stop reading it.  (No need to fling poo at the walls as you leave though)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Daemon Cross said:

I’ll watch it if you post it, I’ll do that much but try to keep it short,  I am limited on my time.

It might have taken 2 hours 😛

~Lotus

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Daemon Cross said:

I’ll give it a watch later, your definition of short is about like your forums post. 🤪

I did my best but it's just so many things that have happened in this game. Then I got to reefbo and was like THIS IS THE VISION!!!

~Lotus

• Like 2

I was thinking about this, this morning.  How the heck are people supposed to know where they can find land?  Used to be, you could sail around and see the red claims circles. Do we know if there's just going to be a big red circle around an island if it's claimed now?  And then how to do you tell if there's room to build without just running all over the island or doing a slow sail around the coast?  And how to tell if the landlord will allow building or wipe it all out?

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Winter Thorne said:

I was thinking about this, this morning.  How the heck are people supposed to know where they can find land?  Used to be, you could sail around and see the red claims circles. Do we know if there's just going to be a big red circle around an island if it's claimed now?  And then how to do you tell if there's room to build without just running all over the island or doing a slow sail around the coast?  And how to tell if the landlord will allow building or wipe it all out?

I had considered this as well.

I had made a topic in General Discussions about it, and can only hope someone at Grapeshot saw it. But I posted it at 2AM and it ended up buried by morning so who knows.

Basically the gist is that we need the tools to make it easier to find a place to set up. We've already seen that a lot of players will not continue to sail around from island to island to island looking for a spot of land. Sooner or later they'll give up. If we had a way to advertise and find land then that would negate a lot of the frustration revolving around finding land. With not a lot of time between now and the patch a simple forum section for it will suffice, though in the future I'd like to see it as its own UI in-game.

Edited by Kidori
  • Like 1