Kappinski

question Pillars of Eternity

I imagine the following scenario:

It is between two fictional companies. The Alpacas and The Boomers.

The Alpacas have claimed an island and are therefore owner of a settlement. They have a few companies as neutral on their land. They take care of them, everything is fine, no problems so far.
Now the Boomers come with a Brig full of pillars and they start placing them in the water around the island. But the settlement people are clever and delete all of them in the 12 hour window.
The Boomers are not amused. They want their pillars of eternity! So they come back in the middle of the night and place them again. Now they focus only on the harbors where ships are anchored. The 12 hours pass and the pillars of eternity are standing in all their glory preventing any anchored ship from sailing.

Now here is my question:
What do you gonna do about this once the 12 hours have passed since you can't attack underwater structures?

It is not my intention to whine and cry. I really like the changes but this is something I don't understand so far. Have I missed one key feature that prevents this from happening?
Or could you pillar spam shore lines and make them unusable?
So will we get the structure upkeep mechanic everywhere? Will the pillars crumble?
How does this work?

In addition. If the upkeep structure works with a range so the structures don't have to be connected to each other to get upkeep. What prevents people from building the upkeep thing underwater?

Edited by Kappinski
  • Like 2

so on the PvP server you will use your submarine to destroy the pillars. or you will submit a ticket and wait for a response.

It would appear that any Company that wishes to keep their Harbor open will have to sweep the entrance at least every 12 hours to clear it of obstructions or they're  screwed.

Congratulations, a game has now become your job.

Edited by Ktorr

Maybe ask them politely to remove the pillars?  

After all the spirit of the new Atlas "PVP" mode (aka PVE mode with occasional combat)  is meant to be all about being nice and friendly to one another. Sharing and caring and holding hands. Actual PVP is to be frowned upon.

Yeah, looking forward to all the griefing thats going to happen with the next claim system 🙂

And i rather quit paying than giving away 30% of my grind to another tribe, this game is grindy enough as it is. 

5 minutes ago, Knivet said:

Yeah, looking forward to all the griefing thats going to happen with the next claim system 🙂

And i rather quit paying than giving away 30% of my grind to another tribe, this game is grindy enough as it is. 

thats why im gonna document and break every aspect of the game that i can when im using the test server. then im gonna talk about it. i invite you to do the same. i believe the devs will take positive actions. 

Honestly i wish they would just release the got damn test server and get it over with so we can get shit done.

Edited by Enki Anunnaki
  • Like 2