Sign in to follow this  
microphobe

Give a way to avoid tax

19 minutes ago, Sadie Blackhawk said:

Lol I love tropico! This made me giggle lots.

Yeah, I may have been hitting it too hard these past few days 🤣.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Kummba said:

You dont have arguments, you support your illusion with fake facts to fit it.

Reread the blog, they say each additionally company on the island is increasing the upkeep for the landlords. And yeah we need your goodwill now!

YOU and your kind are why the doomsayers exists.

Noone has real argument, all of this is just theory because patch isn´t actually live. It not even on PTR yet.

And no m8, you are the one who should dig more because the more people u got on Settlement the less u will need to pay upkeep. Otherwise it would be exactly against their "mutual symbiosis" concept. 

6 minutes ago, Willard said:

Otherwise it would be exactly against their "mutual symbiosis" concept. 

Hmm that is a thing they do. Players say this they do the opposite. So it is possible they do that also on the symbiosis thing :classic_cool:

Edited by awakatanka

7 minutes ago, awakatanka said:

Hmm that is a thing they do. Players say this they do the opposite. So it is possible they do that also on the symbiosis thing :classic_cool:

Less players, more theorycrafters here on forums who pretend every landowner is a retard who wants to grief his tenants 😉 

Edited by Willard

21 minutes ago, Willard said:

who pretend every landowner is a jackass who wants to grief his tenants 😉

To be fair, it is the internet, so its a fairly safe assumption 😉

Edited by Gindorf
words are hard
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Willard said:

Less players, more theorycrafters here on forums who pretend every landowner is a retard who wants to grief his tenants 😉 

That will not be the case but they are concerned about the possibilities they are. If you do not speak out your concerns then nothing will change. At this point they still could try to change the things around to what suits there playing style. 

But biggest problem is that Dev do not give answers to the concerns a lot players have.  That could take away a lot of the negativities.

34 minutes ago, awakatanka said:

That will not be the case but they are concerned about the possibilities they are. If you do not speak out your concerns then nothing will change. At this point they still could try to change the things around to what suits there playing style. 

But biggest problem is that Dev do not give answers to the concerns a lot players have.  That could take away a lot of the negativities.

They do. They respond on Twitter mostly, on discord and in some topics here at forums. They can´t respond on 15 topics which are mostly the same. 

8 hours ago, Willard said:

Benefit is you don´t have to pay upkeep cost for your own Settlement. You play taxes instead and leave upkeep to landlord.

You forget that you can build without claiming an island, so basically I can build anywhere I want and later you can come along and claim the island, you start paying upkeep and the inhabitants start paying tax.

never had to pay tax before, just because you build a tax bank everyone on the island has to pay tax.

the landlord is the one causing the problem in pve lol.

• Like 1

With the idea of upkeep to maintain your land claim, I dont see a way that they can remove taxation.

If you don't like what the landlord is doing with your taxes, move.

2 hours ago, MisterMyztik said:

With the idea of upkeep to maintain your land claim, I dont see a way that they can remove taxation.

If you don't like what the landlord is doing with your taxes, move.

either way the landlord gets nothing.

the idea is that this is a pirate game and thematically this is appropriate, particularly if you are dealing with oppressive landlords.

people would have to spec significantly into the piracy tree to avoid paying the full tax and it wouldn't hurt reasonable land lords until the final level reducing it to 0%. 

Example 6x times now. 30% for the slaves ( I will keep calling them that :classic_tongue: ) it is not 6x times but 4x for the slave. That is just not fair. In 1x that is a lot of resources I mis.

If the dev makes it that it is always 10% and landlord can not raise it maybe I have less problems with it then. And if the landlord can not use the resources then it sounds a bit better. Because I do not want to harvest his building. In PvP I can understand he can use it because of the defense that must be build. In pve we do not need that. And if that resources are for the upkeep for everyone on the island so it repairs my building to then they have me on the others side  almost. 

Edited by awakatanka

Guys you should find landlord with sub 30% tax. You can´t maintain 30% and keep your tenants on your Settlement. They just leave. Everyone who has a basic economy literacy knows that. If you don´t want to have your own island then just avoid 30% taxed islands. That basically means the owner doesn´t want anyone on his island. 

Btw if you are playing on PvE servers just avoid some chinese islands to live on. Who the heck griefes someone on PvE? Chinese mostly. So avoid that. Others who play on PvE want to focus on PvE, not fighting / griefing another players. Griefers play mostly on PvP servers. 

So my advice is to keep out of chinese Settlements (just to prevent potentional grief) and Settlements with 30% tax (which are the owners who want to keep Settlement just for themselves) and just ask the owner before you settle somewhere. In 80% cases u will get solid terms. 

Btw guys I think they will never remove taxes in this game. Whole idea of landlords/tenants would dissapear if they do that. You have to live with that or just leave the game. It will be more polished I guess but it will be here. 

Owners of island must have at least some advantage over tenants, otherwise there would be no reason to claim a Settlement at all. 

Edited by Willard

30 minutes ago, Willard said:

Guys you should find landlord with sub 30% tax. You can´t maintain 30% and keep your tenants on your Settlement. They just leave. Everyone who has a basic economy literacy knows that. If you don´t want to have your own island then just avoid 30% taxed islands. That basically means the owner doesn´t want anyone on his island. 

Btw if you are playing on PvE servers just avoid some chinese islands to live on. Who the heck griefes someone on PvE? Chinese mostly. So avoid that. Others who play on PvE want to focus on PvE, not fighting / griefing another players. Griefers play mostly on PvP servers. 

So my advice is to keep out of chinese Settlements (just to prevent potentional grief) and Settlements with 30% tax (which are the owners who want to keep Settlement just for themselves) and just ask the owner before you settle somewhere. In 80% cases u will get solid terms. 

Btw guys I think they will never remove taxes in this game. Whole idea of landlords/tenants would dissapear if they do that. You have to live with that or just leave the game. It will be more polished I guess but it will be here. 

Owners of island must have at least some advantage over tenants, otherwise there would be no reason to claim a Settlement at all. 

not as easy as u think to avoid it as u cannot place a flag claim until u have tax bank , a lot of players will all be setup and progressed , it will be a race to get the tax bank up first so it may not be as easy as saying just avoid not in the early days anyway . as players will have to get set up first shipyard tames , base then they can go looking if they are unhappy with whoever got to place the tax bank and flag first ...we wont see player movemant for a couple weeks as players get to hear about the better landlords , 

Edited by UDO