Sign in to follow this  
microphobe

Give a way to avoid tax

So if you go the taxation route in PvE which I don't really think anyone wants, give the people a way to avoid it.

In the piracy tree on PvE servers remove the PvP only skills like faster boat stealing, or looking inside chests and change it to % tax reduction.
Make the piracy tree have something piratey for those who want to live a tax free life.

I could easily envisage people avoiding claimed land now for all except harvesting resources. Give them a way to cut down that 30% tax that can be levied upon them by a greedy landlord.

Make it a 3 tier skill reducing the max % tax you can pay
Tier 1. Max 20%
Tier 2. Max 10%
Tier 3. Max 0%

Edited by microphobe
  • Thanks 2

Even if there was no tax, I would still have no interest in living on someone else's land.

• Like 5

The idea is nice, but if you have the 0% skill then, and the landlord doesn't get income from you, he will just start to force you out. Maybe make the skill so, that the higher you advance, the less % is taken away from what you farm, regardless of the taxation. So if you have skill for 0%. The landlord still receives the income, but you don't loose anything from what you farm. This way you can farm everywhere  you wan't without having to worry about the taxations on islands.

• Sad 1

There is a way. Get your own Island. Don´t play solo if you don´t want to pay taxes. This game is company based, it´s not meant to be played alone, it´s MMO. Or live in Lawless. 

So right now you have 2 ways how not to pay taxes and yet u complain.

Btw taxes are good. It´s the only reason why owner allows you to be on his Island. Let´s say there is a limited amount of metal on your Island (which is limited practically everywhere). Without taxes you as owner need to share this limited amount of metal with other inhabitants nad you have nothing from it. Let´s say you have very active inhabitants who harvest those metal nodes on spawn. So now someone is harvesting metal on YOUR island without you having anything from it. Can you tell me why should I as the owner accept this and let you live there?

Edited by Willard
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1

12 minutes ago, Willard said:

There is a way. Get your own Island. Don´t play solo if you don´t want to pay taxes. This game is company based, it´s not meant to be played alone, it´s MMO. Or live in Lawless. 

So right now you have 2 ways how not to pay taxes and yet u complain.

Btw taxes are good. It´s the only reason why owner allows you to be on his Island. Let´s say there is a limited amount of metal on your Island (which is limited practically everywhere). Without taxes you as owner need to share this limited amount of metal with other inhabitants nad you have nothing from it. Let´s say you have very active inhabitants who harvest those metal nodes on spawn. So now someone is harvesting metal on YOUR island without you having anything from it. Can you tell me why should I as the owner accept this and let you live there?

why should player get to own island by being the first to log in and fastest to to download a patch ? its a joke of system they are impleneting and everyone knows it , 

there was nothing worng with the old flag claim all they had to do was limit the amount of claims a company could have ...

• Like 5

7 minutes ago, UDO said:

why should player get to own island by being the first to log in and fastest to to download a patch ? its a joke of system they are impleneting and everyone knows it , 

there was nothing worng with the old flag claim all they had to do was limit the amount of claims a company could have ...

There is a little problem with this "log first". You need to build tax bank first before you can put claim on an island which cost gems rn. Gems aren´t everywhere, they are on a specific islands. So if you want to claim the island which doesn´t have gems you will have to build tax bank somewhere else and then sail to desired island. Then you need to maintain the island with upkeep. So trolls who will put claim just to claim will give up because they won´t be able (or they won´t have any interrest in it) to pay upkeep which will lead to unclaiming the island.

You guys theorise about it too much and you always assume the worst. Stop it.

Edited by Willard

Just now, Willard said:

There is a little problem with this "log first". You need to build tax bank first before you can put claim on an island. Then you need to maintain the island with upkeep. So trolls who will put claim just to claim will give up because they won´t be able (or they won´t have any interrest in it) to pay upkeep which will lead to unclaiming the island.

which leads me again to whoever gets inot the game first , will take experienced player a couple hours to get to that point one comapny memebr of getting the gems etct ats needed while the other just get to the end of the build tree and gets what they need built , u really think latecomers will have a chance in any shape or form ?

all taxes wil be set at 30%

, and as we saw with the orignal claims players will want the entire island to themselfs so all they will is patrol and demolish as fast as others can build until they give up and leave , 

the system they had to do couldnt have been simpler .. limit claim flags then there would have been more than enough land for everyone and noone needing to be SLAVES yes slaves in a video game .. 

in game taxes have a place in pvp , as other players can attack bad landlords make them change their tax rates , pve can do nothing but move off the island which is what a large amount of the players want anyway , their own islands

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Willard said:

There is a little problem with this "log first". You need to build tax bank first before you can put claim on an island which cost gems rn. Gems aren´t everywhere, they are on a specific islands. So if you want to claim the island which doesn´t have gems you will have to build tax bank somewhere else and then sail to desired island. Then you need to maintain the island with upkeep. So trolls who will put claim just to claim will give up because they won´t be able (or they won´t have any interrest in it) to pay upkeep which will lead to unclaiming the island.

You guys theorise about it too much and you always assume the worst. Stop it.

They don't really want their own islands, they just don't want to lose 30% of everything they farm/trade for no benefit. Before you say "but they get to live on MY island!" they don't, it's not YOUR island, everyone paid for the game, just because you have faster internet than someone else doesn't entitle you to more.
If they opened the PvE servers at 9am on a Wednesday in the US, basically ensuring that no school aged person or person in university, no person with a job would be able to log in till all the islands are claimed. Lets face it, you could hit lvl 10 in about 20 minutes max, the level required to build a tax bank, you will never get your own island.
You will be forced to live in a state of paying 30% tax on everything you farm for the entirety of the game. Maybe even never get to build outside of lawless crowded in with everyone else, maybe even not there because that will fill up quickly as well.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, UDO said:

which leads me again to whoever gets inot the game first , will take experienced player a couple hours to get to that point one comapny memebr of getting the gems etct ats needed while the other just get to the end of the build tree and gets what they need built , u really think latecomers will have a chance in any shape or form ?

, and as we saw with the orignal claims players will want the entire island to themselfs so all they will is patrol and demolish as fast as others can build until they give up and leave , 

the system they had to do couldnt have been simpler .. limit claim flags then there would have been more than enough land for everyone and noone needing to be SLAVES yes slaves in a video game .. 

in game taxes have a place in pvp , as other players can attack bad landlords make them change their tax rates , pve can do nothing but move off the island which is what a large amount of the players want anyway , their own islands

After wipe there is always "rush" for taking best spots. It´s in every survival game, Rust, ARK, Conan Exiles, simply everywhere. If you are latecomer then just take smaller island or live on a rich island under someone. It´s up to you. Devs want to make that symbiosis between landowners and other inhabitants mutually advantageous so owners don´t have any reason to act like idiots and inhabitants don´t have to care about anything other than tax. Inhabitants of the island don´t need to care about paying an upkeep and potentional lose of their Settlement. Owner on the other hand needs inhabitants to lower down the upkeep of the Island for himself. 

You complain about taxes. Don´t forget there will be a "tax" for owner of the Island in a form of upkeep. We don´t know how expensive that upkeep will be but it may be like 15% of total production, it may be 20% of the production. So while you pay 5-30% taxes to the landowner he will pay "taxes" too for maintaining the island. 

10 minutes ago, microphobe said:

They don't really want their own islands, they just don't want to lose 30% of everything they farm/trade for no benefit. Before you say "but they get to live on MY island!" they don't, it's not YOUR island, everyone paid for the game, just because you have faster internet than someone else doesn't entitle you to more.
If they opened the PvE servers at 9am on a Wednesday in the US, basically ensuring that no school aged person or person in university, no person with a job would be able to log in till all the islands are claimed. Lets face it, you could hit lvl 10 in about 20 minutes max, the level required to build a tax bank, you will never get your own island.
You will be forced to live in a state of paying 30% tax on everything you farm for the entirety of the game. Maybe even never get to build outside of lawless crowded in with everyone else, maybe even not there because that will fill up quickly as well.

Man the only 30% tax I´ve seen so far was megacompanies islands. Other than that the tax was like 20% max. If you want any people on your Settlement to lower the cost of upkeep you will have to actually take care of them a little which means no 30% tax. Otherwise they will leave and find a more "pleasant" place to live. Then you won´t have any income from taxes and you will have to pay upkeep on your own. 

You all guys see landowners as complete idiots who want to grief everyone. It´s not like that. 95% of owners are totally normal and understand it will be really beneficial to allow others to build on your Settlement. Just keep out of those idiots with 30% taxes and ask the owner about tax/approach to inhabitants before you build somewhere.

Edited by Willard

26 minutes ago, Willard said:

After wipe there is always "rush" for taking best spots. It´s in every survival game, Rust, ARK, Conan Exiles, simply everywhere. If you are latecomer then just take smaller island or live on a rich island under someone. It´s up to you.

What makes you think there will even be smaller islands left to take after the first hour or two?  At most, if they include lawless there will be around 800 islands.  If they don't include lawless it will be around 500 islands.  If the player population comes back up to a normal level, less than 10% of the players will get to own land.

So the guy who is working and can't log in until 6 hours after the servers open gets nothing.  The guy with a slower connection -  nothing.  The guy in a zone that has a lot of rubberbanding - nothing.  The new players who start playing months after launch - nothing.

Arguing about taxes is stupid.  If you want to stop people being unhappy about taxes, let everybody have their own claim, collect their own taxes...that'll shut down most of the unhappiness with it.  People are only unhappy because of this system of haves and have-nots.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Winter Thorne said:

What makes you think there will even be smaller islands left to take after the first hour or two?  At most, if they include lawless there will be around 800 islands.  If they don't include lawless it will be around 500 islands.  If the player population comes back up to a normal level, less than 10% of the players will get to own land.

So the guy who is working and can't log in until 6 hours after the servers open gets nothing.  The guy with a slower connection -  nothing.  The guy in a zone that has a lot of rubberbanding - nothing.  The new players who start playing months after launch - nothing.

Arguing about taxes is stupid.  If you want to stop people being unhappy about taxes, let everybody have their own claim, collect their own taxes...that'll shut down most of the unhappiness with it.  People are only unhappy because of this system of haves and have-nots.

Less than 10% of players. Are u assuming 1 player = 1 island? Most people are playing in companies u know? Do you think 20-men company will claim 20 islands? No, normal company will claim 1 island, at least at the beginning. Big companies will claim more but I don´t think they will claim more than let´s say 5-6 Islands because of upkeep. And we are talking about 50-100 member companies here. 

If you can´t understand that system doesn´t work like "Landlord has everything and other inhabitants have nothing" I really don´t know how to explain that to you. I´ve already written everyone has to pay for land, even landowner. I really don´t know why only landowner should pay for his island (upkeep) while other inhabitants would live here without taxes. Inhabitants pay taxes do landlord, landlord pays the upkeep. I think its pretty fair. And while inhabitants can stop playing for days without any restrictions the owner on the other hand can´t because he would lose the claim. 

This game isn´t meant to be played alone, I´ve already stated that. Single player simply can´t run his own island, it´s not what developers want, it´s MMO where you are supposed to play in groups. If you refuse that just play on Lawless or stop playing. Simple as that. They can´t satisfy everyone.

I really don´t get why people assume they have a right to have their own land.

Edited by Willard

9 minutes ago, Willard said:

Less than 10% of players. Are u assuming 1 player = 1 island? Most people are playing in companies u know? Do you think 20-men company will claim 20 islands? No, normal company will claim 1 island, at least at the beginning. Big companies will claim more but I don´t think they will claim more than let´s say 5-6 Islands because of upkeep. And we are talking about 50-100 member companies here. 

You really aren't making much sense.

1 claim per island.  500 islands.  5000 players.  Some companies will take more than 1 island, so yes, less than 10% of the players own land.  In a 20 man company, at best only 1 or 2 of them will be deciding who can build, what they will build, what is has to look like, etc.  You can't really say the other bunch of them "owns land".  Depends on the company of course, but it's really the company owner who owns the land because he can kick someone out any time he wants.

13 minutes ago, Willard said:

If you can´t understand that system doesn´t work like "Landlord has everything and other inhabitants have nothing" I really don´t know how to explain that to you. I´ve already written everyone has to pay for land, even landowner. I really don´t know why only landowner should pay for his island (upkeep) while other inhabitants would live here without taxes. Inhabitants pay taxes do landlord, landlord pays the upkeep. I think its pretty fair. And while inhabitants can stop playing for days without any restrictions the owner on the other hand can´t because he would lose the claim. 

Well, I never said that.  But now that you have...Landlord DOES have everything and other inhabitants only have what he landlord says they can have.  I really don't know how to explain that to you.  If I want a shipyard and the landlord says no, I don't get to have a shipyard. 

I never talked about whether taxes were "fair", I only said people didn't like them.  If you stand in the tenant's shoes, he is paying double upkeep and now can do nothing at all unless he has the owner's permission.  It's oppressive.   If you take away the part where only a few people get to be owners and tell everyone else what to do, taxes aren't as big of a deal, because everyone gets to levy them and benefit from them if they all own their own claim.  Then people won't care so much about taxes.

And you know what?  It's true.  The landlord can't even be away for one day because then he can't remove any pillars or crap.  But that's not only unfair to the landlord, it's unfair to the tenants, because now they've paid their taxes and have to live in a dump.  It's just another bad mechanism in this design. You can't even be away for a day?  What the hell?

23 minutes ago, Willard said:

This game isn´t meant to be played alone, I´ve already stated that. Single player simply can´t run his own island, it´s not what developers want, it´s MMO where you are supposed to play in groups. If you refuse that just play on Lawless or stop playing. Simple as that. They can´t satisfy everyone.

You are making up strawman argments.  Nobody is talking about playing the game alone just because they have their own claim.  I was solo with 1 claim on 1 island before this.  There was a good group of people there, all doing stuff together, helping each other tame and trade, etc., and having a great time together.  We were starting to group with alliances to do things, and now they're taking that away to do this stupid claim system.  So tell me again how the game is trying to encourage people to play together.    And stop making up "what the developers want".  You don't know that either.  

27 minutes ago, Willard said:

I really don´t get why people assume they have a right to have their own land.

Because I paid for the game the same as you?  Because there are entire skill trees based around building things on land?    How about if we picked the landowners based on something other than who got there first?  If you have a T in your name you get land, otherwise you have to rent it.  How's that work for you?  I have 2 Ts, I get 2 whole islands.

I assume that if I pay 25 bucks for a game and the next guy pays 25 bucks for the game, that the game is not going to give him the right to cut me out of half the skills and activities in the game, just because he got here first.  

It's pretty clear that YOU assume you are going to have land by the kinds of arguments you make.  I'd like to see what happens and what kinds of posts you make if you don't.  I know how the ones who DO get land will post because we've already seen that. "I worked hard and you were lazy and didn't go out and find land and there's enough land for everybody and you just didn't want to do the work."   

Pfffft.    One gets tired of the stupidity after a while.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Greyleaf said:

Even if there was no tax, I would still have no interest in living on someone else's land.

Why? This is the thing Im having the hardest time understanding, assuming you find a landlord that isnt a dick (me *cough*), what is wrong with living on someone else's island?

4 hours ago, Abysian said:

The idea is nice, but if you have the 0% skill then, and the landlord doesn't get income from you, he will just start to force you out. Maybe make the skill so, that the higher you advance, the less % is taken away from what you farm, regardless of the taxation. So if you have skill for 0%. The landlord still receives the income, but you don't loose anything from what you farm. This way you can farm everywhere  you wan't without having to worry about the taxations on islands.

@Dollie, Abysian's idea is a neat idea for the piracy tree, would think that might help mitigate complaints about taxation, without negative impacts on the landowner.

3 hours ago, UDO said:

, and as we saw with the orignal claims players will want the entire island to themselfs so all they will is patrol and demolish as fast as others can build until they give up and leave , the system they had to do couldnt have been simpler .. limit claim flags then there would have been more than enough land for everyone and noone needing to be SLAVES yes slaves in a video game ..

As others have said, not all areas will be 30% taxed. In fact ALOT of what Im seeing now is a 10-20% tax range which honestly isnt bad.

Other than megas, why would landlords need to patrol/demo stuff to scare people off the island? As long as the builders talked (I know that can be scary at times) to the landlord Im sure rational minds could make something work. For example, if I manage to become El Presidente, I will reserve the right to demo stuff, IF tenants dont reach out to me (within a reasonable time, I understand the whole work/life/sleep thing) or they make fugly crap. (Which is not difficult to avoid, just dont build a damn box!)

As for the muh Slaves crap, how are you a slave to the landlord? You pay taxes from what you farm which helps maintain the settlement. Yes you dont own the settlement, but it is maintained to the benefit of the island. (If you dont support El Presidente and he leaves, you might get a dick landowner next) Im would not be sitting there screaming at you to mine faster and then demoing your base b/c you didnt mine fast enough (which wont be demoable anyways after X hours)

3 hours ago, microphobe said:

Before you say "but they get to live on MY island!" they don't, it's not YOUR island, everyone paid for the game, just because you have faster internet than someone else doesn't entitle you to more.

But it is my island. The game says so.😘

With all that said, vote for me for the next El Presidente! I will only set a 10*% tax base (15*% on some (not all) 2x weekends) I am not a dick, welcome you all to build (you must talk to me first!), just dont build fugly shit or right on top of people!

*Rates may change based on upkeep requirements

51 minutes ago, Winter Thorne said:

You really aren't making much sense.

1 claim per island.  500 islands.  5000 players.  Some companies will take more than 1 island, so yes, less than 10% of the players own land.  In a 20 man company, at best only 1 or 2 of them will be deciding who can build, what they will build, what is has to look like, etc.  You can't really say the other bunch of them "owns land".  Depends on the company of course, but it's really the company owner who owns the land because he can kick someone out any time he wants.

Well, I never said that.  But now that you have...Landlord DOES have everything and other inhabitants only have what he landlord says they can have.  I really don't know how to explain that to you.  If I want a shipyard and the landlord says no, I don't get to have a shipyard. 

I never talked about whether taxes were "fair", I only said people didn't like them.  If you stand in the tenant's shoes, he is paying double upkeep and now can do nothing at all unless he has the owner's permission.  It's oppressive.   If you take away the part where only a few people get to be owners and tell everyone else what to do, taxes aren't as big of a deal, because everyone gets to levy them and benefit from them if they all own their own claim.  Then people won't care so much about taxes.

And you know what?  It's true.  The landlord can't even be away for one day because then he can't remove any pillars or crap.  But that's not only unfair to the landlord, it's unfair to the tenants, because now they've paid their taxes and have to live in a dump.  It's just another bad mechanism in this design. You can't even be away for a day?  What the hell?

You are making up strawman argments.  Nobody is talking about playing the game alone just because they have their own claim.  I was solo with 1 claim on 1 island before this.  There was a good group of people there, all doing stuff together, helping each other tame and trade, etc., and having a great time together.  We were starting to group with alliances to do things, and now they're taking that away to do this stupid claim system.  So tell me again how the game is trying to encourage people to play together.    And stop making up "what the developers want".  You don't know that either.  

Because I paid for the game the same as you?  Because there are entire skill trees based around building things on land?    How about if we picked the landowners based on something other than who got there first?  If you have a T in your name you get land, otherwise you have to rent it.  How's that work for you?  I have 2 Ts, I get 2 whole islands.

I assume that if I pay 25 bucks for a game and the next guy pays 25 bucks for the game, that the game is not going to give him the right to cut me out of half the skills and activities in the game, just because he got here first.  

It's pretty clear that YOU assume you are going to have land by the kinds of arguments you make.  I'd like to see what happens and what kinds of posts you make if you don't.  I know how the ones who DO get land will post because we've already seen that. "I worked hard and you were lazy and didn't go out and find land and there's enough land for everybody and you just didn't want to do the work."   

Pfffft.    One gets tired of the stupidity after a while.

Just leave the game man, for your sake 😉 You are so full of negativity about it it hurts you more than bringing joy which is what game is for i guess. 

8 minutes ago, Willard said:

Just leave the game man, for your sake 😉 You are so full of negativity about it it hurts you more than bringing joy which is what game is for i guess. 

Well I suppose that's the last refuge for one who can't support his arguments.

See?  He already thinks he is a landlord.  Telling everyone what to do.  :classic_laugh:

Edited by Winter Thorne
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, Winter Thorne said:

See?  He already thinks he is a landlord.  Telling everyone what to do.  :classic_laugh:

Thats why you should vote for me for El Presidente! 😎

Primary problem with the system as it stands is the tenant has no predefined, tangible benefit in return for the taxes paid.  The sandbox might make up for that, but only if the pain to motivate landlords exists.

"but... but you get to build on MY island!"  No.  That's not the appropriate benefit. 

The tenants paying taxes are providing a service to the landlord, but receiving nothing in terms of services in return, so far.

I had suggested having the pvp system on pve BUT with the inclusion of a benefit to tenants.  Like maybe protection from PvE raids (ghost pirates), some PvE component that replaces the human component of PvP.

To me, that's what's missing here.  There is no benefit to the tenants and there needs to be.  I might be willing to pay 30%, does it include healthcare?

Let's not forget this is a work in progress.  Including the PvP style claims in PvE does leave open the window for it to be fleshed out in the future.  I think it has potential.

There is also a sandbox aspect to this so we'll see what landlords can come up with to entice tenants to come and help with their upkeep.  The upkeep needs to be substantial.  The landlord must see value in their tenants.  No tenants?  No island for you.

There are tons of places I can take my taxes.  You want to play landlord?  Cool.  Make it worth it to your tenants.  That HAS to be part of this.  The cost to the landlord should be such that they're begging tenants to come live on their island.

12 minutes ago, Winter Thorne said:

Well I suppose that's the last refuge for one who can't support his arguments.

I can support my arguments but it´s just a waste of time to argue with someone so negative like you. You are just a doomsayer. 

And yes, our company will be landlords and we will invite (like we did before) small companies to join our lands under normal 15% taxes if they like. Because I truly believe we will need each other. 

Edited by Willard

6 minutes ago, Kveldulf said:

Primary problem with the system as it stands is the tenant has no predefined, tangible benefit in return for the taxes paid.  The sandbox might make up for that, but only if the pain to motivate landlords exists.

"but... but you get to build on MY island!"  No.  That's not the appropriate benefit. 

The tenants paying taxes are providing a service to the landlord, but receiving nothing in terms of services in return, so far.

I had suggested having the pvp system on pve BUT with the inclusion of a benefit to tenants.  Like maybe protection from PvE raids (ghost pirates), some PvE component that replaces the human component of PvP.

To me, that's what's missing here.  There is no benefit to the tenants and there needs to be.  I might be willing to pay 30%, does it include healthcare?

Let's not forget this is a work in progress.  Including the PvP style claims in PvE does leave open the window for it to be fleshed out in the future.  I think it has potential.

There is also a sandbox aspect to this so we'll see what landlords can come up with to entice tenants to come and help with their upkeep.  The upkeep needs to be substantial.  The landlord must see value in their tenants.  No tenants?  No island for you.

There are tons of places I can take my taxes.  You want to play landlord?  Cool.  Make it worth it to your tenants.  That HAS to be part of this.  The cost to the landlord should be such that they're begging tenants to come live on their island.

Benefit is you don´t have to pay upkeep cost for your own Settlement. You play taxes instead and leave upkeep to landlord.

Edited by Willard

10 minutes ago, Kveldulf said:

Agreed, it would be nice to incorporate some from of tangible benefit to the tenants.

"I had suggested having the pvp system on pve BUT with the inclusion of a benefit to tenants.  Like maybe protection from PvE raids (ghost pirates), some PvE component that replaces the human component of PvP."

PvE raids could be interesting to see in the future...

"I might be willing to pay 30%, does it include healthcare?"

For 30%, El Presidente would be happy to provide milk to all of his island's inhabitants!

"Let's not forget this is a work in progress.  Including the PvP style claims in PvE does leave open the window for it to be fleshed out in the future.  I think it has potential."

Agreed, it is very much a work in progress. Its better than the lawless IMO, provided they get the hard caps right for companies. I think the ultimate challenge for GS is to balance the coding requirements between the two systems and prevent coding bloat. This is why I think they went the route they did vs just adding a few hard caps and keeping the old system. For first steps, its moving in a better direction than it was a week ago.

"There is also a sandbox aspect to this so we'll see what landlords can come up with to entice tenants to come and help with their upkeep.  The upkeep needs to be substantial.  The landlord must see value in their tenants.  No tenants?  No island for you.

There are tons of places I can take my taxes.  You want to play landlord?  Cool.  Make it worth it to your tenants.  That HAS to be part of this.  The cost to the landlord should be such that they're begging tenants to come live on their island."

I dont think that the upkeep needs to be substantial/punishing to the point of begging, but it should definitely encourage landlords to want tenants.

3 hours ago, Willard said:

I can support my arguments but it´s just a waste of time to argue with someone so negative like you. You are just a doomsayer. 

And yes, our company will be landlords and we will invite (like we did before) small companies to join our lands under normal 15% taxes if they like. Because I truly believe we will need each other. 

You dont have arguments, you support your illusion with fake facts to fit it.

Reread the blog, they say each additionally company on the island is increasing the upkeep for the landlords. And yeah we need your goodwill now!

YOU and your kind are why the doomsayers exists.

20 minutes ago, Kummba said:

Reread the blog, they say each additionally company on the island is increasing the upkeep for the landlords. And yeah we need your goodwill now!

It states that it will scale. What is lacking is the clarity of that statement. However in the livestream, they mentioned scaling down for more people/companies on the island not scaling up.

If it was to scale up, then they REALLY need to fix that as it discourages tenants and would be really dumb.

4 hours ago, Gindorf said:

Thats why you should vote for me for El Presidente! 😎

I will live on your island and if you sleep I will build gates around your Palace. So nobody can hurt you and you're save.  And if time frame is to big I will do it when your on vacation.

Oh and if you the landlord clean up the sea I do not want to see any sod if I on my ship sailing. 

Else I build pillars around your shipyards to keep your ships save.

If I pay tax I want a save sea and clean land. So keep everything clean and save. I have right to expect that if I pay taxes to my landlord.

Edited by awakatanka
  • Haha 1

28 minutes ago, awakatanka said:

I will live on your island and if you sleep I will build gates around your Palace. So nobody can hurt you and you're save.  And if time frame is to big I will do it when your on vacation.

Oh and if you the landlord clean up the sea I do not want to see any sod if I on my ship sailing. 

Else I build pillars around your shipyards to keep your ships save.

If I pay tax I want a save sea and clean land. So keep everything clean and save. I have right to expect that if I pay taxes to my landlord.

Welcome fellow tropican atlassian! Im glad to hear you wish to keep El Presidente safe! As for vacation, El Presidente never takes time off (seriously 25 personal days and good luck getting more than 2 days off at a time)!

While I do plan to keep pillars as clean as possible, the safety at sea in not in the jurisdiction of El Presidente! (I mean have you seen our navy? Not impressive to say the least)

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

33 minutes ago, Gindorf said:

Welcome fellow tropican atlassian! Im glad to hear you wish to keep El Presidente safe! As for vacation, El Presidente never takes time off (seriously 25 personal days and good luck getting more than 2 days off at a time)!

While I do plan to keep pillars as clean as possible, the safety at sea in not in the jurisdiction of El Presidente! (I mean have you seen our navy? Not impressive to say the least)

Lol I love tropico! This made me giggle lots.