Sign in to follow this  
AntonyVW

Reformation of or new companines

I see a lot of people trying to determine what all the mega companies are going to do when the server is wiped. But I have a question or two about this. If all toons are also being wiped when the server is,that also means all the companies are also wiped. So to begin with, all people will be individuals. Possibly not everyone from a company will start on the same island. It will take a little time for companies large or small to form/reform. Maybe some folk will form new companies instead of being with their original company. It will be quicker for small companies to form first and I'm guessing then that some of those small companies will merge.  So in other words we will all start as solo players - an even field. Or have I missed something? Is it possible to form/reform companies before the servers are wiped?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, [GP] Guybrush Threepwood said:

Everything is being completely wiped, it will be like it was on day one when the game started. I'm not sure why people are confused over this.

Oh Im not confused over it. Im just wondering why so many people talk as if the mega companies will exist from the moment the servers go live again.

• Like 1

Well it won't take long. Most of them are probably already planning to start together, spawn together and there you got your mega companies forming the moment the new servers are up. That's bound to happen with a lot of companies. They've been given weeks to plan and prepare, so yes they will start to exist the moment servers go live again.

They will be all running around madly to claim as many islands as fast as they can and the game will be back to where it was before.

1 hour ago, AntonyVW said:

Oh Im not confused over it. Im just wondering why so many people talk as if the mega companies will exist from the moment the servers go live again.

Even if it's hard to spawn at the same spot in other grids, they just have to meet in a freeport cuz they already share coms. Unless people in those megas want to switch to a smaller scale playstyle or quit playing the game, and i find quite naive to think most of them will, all the megas we already have will exist from day one.

2 hours ago, AntonyVW said:

Effectively, they will.  They already know where the best resources are and the best sites to build, and all servers will be able to be chosen as home servers so you will be able to pretty much start anywhere you like in any case.  They might just spawn in the closest Freeport, gather cheap resources and head off with a fleet of Ramshackle Sloops, which would make it easier at their chosen destination - that's what I would do.  Some other people out of the old Company might well go straight to the site of the old base and pillar/floor the area in order to prevent other people building there.  No doubt they have a Discord channel so they will be able to organise themselves easily enough and designate roles.  They'll have everything nailed down with the basic stuff in a few hours and dominate the area again within the day.

I’m coming from a mega company. Myself and many of our admins are gonna run much smaller companies this wipe. I intend to have three crews of 10 players in my company. We are changing up our playstyle aswell. This time I’m gonna try to live on ships exclusively. As a nomadic pirate company with a galleon (all weight sails and no cannons)  that moves from safe zone to safe zone as our home base.  

This means we will need to tame our materials mounts, ask someone to use their island to farm for our ships, build them on someone else’s island (while paying them tax in the process) and build a number of safe houses on othe smaller groups islands. We will ally with these smaller groups or atleast add them to our discord so they can tell us if they need help during raid windows ( because we want pvp and intel easily) 

This way we are totally mobile from the start ( so we can get our discovery points back and level quickly)  and we can offload and trade with said island owners. Im als considering taking smaller groups we are allied with to do powerstones and the hydra so we can use the sub and trade crabs and submarines when we have them unlocked.

Whilst discussing this in discord a lot of the guys in my current company agreed that they may also do this. 

Edited by Polar Express
  • Like 1

What will happen if Al those landlord merge in one?  If they reach max of claim the can not merge? They merge but a random island will be free for new landlord? 

Probably they make company big enough to claim island and instead of alliance chat they use discord. 

1 hour ago, Polar Express said:

I’m coming from a mega company. Myself and many of our admins are gonna run much smaller companies this wipe. I intend to have three crews of 10 players in my company. We are changing up our playstyle aswell. This time I’m gonna try to live on ships exclusively. As a nomadic pirate company with a galleon (all weight sails and no cannons)  that moves from safe zone to safe zone as our home base.  

This means we will need to tame our materials mounts, ask someone to use their island to farm for our ships, build them on someone else’s island (while paying them tax in the process) and build a number of safe houses on othe smaller groups islands. We will ally with these smaller groups or atleast add them to our discord so they can tell us if they need help during raid windows ( because we want pvp and intel easily) 

This way we are totally mobile from the start ( so we can get our discovery points back and level quickly)  and we can offload and trade with said island owners. Im als considering taking smaller groups we are allied with to do powerstones and the hydra so we can use the sub and trade crabs and submarines when we have them unlocked.

Whilst discussing this in discord a lot of the guys in my current company agreed that they may also do this. 

I like your idea. Good luck with the endeavour. Sounds like an interesting change of tactics

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, AntonyVW said:

I like your idea. Good luck with the endeavour. Sounds like an interesting change of tactics

I also like that idea and it seems like it should be the way to play the game roaming from server to server not just fixed in one land based spot all the time.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, awakatanka said:

What will happen if Al those landlord merge in one?  If they reach max of claim the can not merge? They merge but a random island will be free for new landlord? 

Probably they make company big enough to claim island and instead of alliance chat they use discord. 

Merging companies cannot keep their flags, if a company holds a flag and it merges into an existing company then the claim flag goes bye bye.

• Like 1