Jump to content

Captain Jack Shadow

Stop with this breeding nonsense. Grapeshot, everything doesn't have to be a minigame to be enjoyable. This isn't a job.

Recommended Posts

So here I sit, watching a baby bear mature.  I can't go to bed, because if I do, this bear will die.  I need to go to bed.  I could, if I had an S+ Nanny to take care of my baby, and an AC unit, both from ARK.  But I can't, because somebody thinks this is fun, or a good idea.  No...it's not.  I am fine with the maturation taking a while, but stop with the ridiculous notion that we should have to forgo sleep to take care of a virtual baby.  It's beyond absurd.  This is an ARK relic that needs to go.   I hated breeding in ARK until I joined an unofficial server with S+, and discovered the Nanny.

But no..too hot...too cold...too cold...too hot.  If I go to sleep, I will miss the idiotic temperature change, and the baby dies.  This is not a job.  It's supposed to be fun...a game...not a job.  The idea that this should take a really long time, and have mechanics that force me to continuously observe the long maturation process, is absurd.

Please fix.  When doing the think tank session on how to change it, start with the fact that most people are only going to play for an hour or two, and at some point, go to bed.

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

And now another absurdity.  A freakin bear, with a big fur coat...in a 3x3 room, with 7 campfires going...and he's fucking cold again?  Really?  WTF?

How fucking warm does he need to be?

Edited by Captain Jack Shadow

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

First, it was 3 fires to keep it warm.  Then 5.  Then 7.  Then 8.  Now...inside a 3x3 structure, I have 9 fires going, and it is warm again.  This is madness.  70% mature.  At this rate, I will need to expand the structure, to get more fires around the baby.  I would rather be in bed right now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 The guy breeding in my clan use penguins in tundra (and a shitload of campfires), and he's managed to breed them before x6. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Sop crying about breeding dude, it is way too easy and afk now we have the x6.

 

Before, babies were sensitive to extreme weather conditions, they fixed it.

Then babies didn't feed themself when players were disconnected and starved to death, they fixed it.

 

Now, if you have the correct biom to breed your animal, breeding is afk even more with the x6 (you stay 5 minutes feeding your bear then you leave and 8 hours after, he is an adult). OFC, if you try to breed a bear in polar area or high tundra, it will not be afk, same if you try to breed a penguin in desert biom....

I don't get why you cry now it became easy as ffck to breed.

 

 

Edited by Sysca

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

OMG!  Seriously?  Please fix these things!

20190309031957_1.jpg

26 minutes ago, Sysca said:

Sop crying about breeding dude, it is way too easy and afk now we have the x6.

 

Before, babies were sensitive to extreme weather conditions, they fixed it.

Then babies didn't feed themself when players were disconnected and starved to death, they fixed it.

 

Now, if you have the correct biom to breed your animal, breeding is afk even more with the x6 (you stay 5 minutes feeding your bear then you leave and 8 hours after, he is an adult). OFC, if you try to breed a bear in polar area or high tundra, it will not be afk, same if you try to breed a penguin in desert biom....

I don't get why you cry now it became easy as ffck to breed.

 

 

Well, for your freakin info, this is a bear in Tundra, and the temp keeps changing, and it keeps taking damage, so fires have to be turned off, and turned back on, or it dies.  It finally reached adulthood, but I had to stay with it the entire time, or it would have died.  The issue isn't whether it's hard or easy...this was not hard, it's the fact that it takes so long, and the main point...during that long period, you can't walk away or it dies.   Bears, wolves etc... should be fine in Tundra and Temperate.  Honestly, if it lives on that island, it should easy breed and grow on that island...if not, how the hell is there a population there?  I wouldn't even mind if it is HARDER, so long as I am not having to stay up for hours to cater to the baby.  Why not make it a mechanic that allows you to leave, and not cater to it, but nothing happens, it doesn't grow and imprint during that time?  So if you can only put in 2 hours per day, it takes 5 days for it to reach full maturity, but somebody who can put in ten hours, can get it done in one day.  It's not about being hard.  Nothing was hard about this.  It's easy.  The problem is the lengthy time where you cannot leave the server, or the baby dies.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

So for your info, I've myself, already tried in Tundra weeks ago. Didn't work because I was requiered to stay with bears to keep lighting on an off campfires and coudln't stay 40 hours with the bear (with X6 it is 8 hours now). So i tried another biom and found one where it was completly afk . So maybe you have to seek a better biom to breed bears? 

but atleast, please, stop whining for every single thing you don't understand in this game.

 

Regarding your foundation problem, try with a celling.

Edited by Sysca

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, Sysca said:

So for your info, I've myself, already tried in Tundra weeks ago. Didn't work because I was requiered to stay with bears to keep lighting on an off campfires and coudln't stay 40 hours with the bear (with X6 it is 8 hours now). So i tried another biom and found one where it was completly afk . So maybe you have to seek a better biom to breed bears? 

but atleast, please, stop whining for every single thing you don't understand in this game.

 

Regarding your foundation problem, try with a celling.

Two things.  You base on one island.  All biomes should equally be a viable option to base in.  So for instance, all need to have fiber, right?  Same for breeding.  You create a serious imbalance when those in Tundra can't breed their bears, but somebody in Temperate can.  Bears are the Meta fiber gatherers, and fighters.  Games do not survive with serious imbalances.  If they aren't going to make bears breedable in all biomes, then other animals in those biomes need to be a near equal in fiber gathering, and fighting.  The bear is simply that important, and imprinted bears are far superior to non-imprinted.

Second, it wasn't the ground causing the problem, it was the gate.  The gate frame should not impede structures being connected to it.  This is absurd.  I'm tired of having ridiculous looking buildings, because of things like this.  It may not matter to you, but I like to have a little immersion in my game experience.

  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I disagree. What's the point in having diferent biomas and islands if you can do the same in every island in this game? You should be able to do the same very basic stuff in every island but that's it. If not people would just stay in one place till they get bored and leave the game. You can breed bears in tundra btw, it's just a pain in the ass but it's doable.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Bears/ Horse are the meta yes, just because tier 3 is still not available for breeding.  Once it will be possible to breed other animals , i think the fighting meta with animals will/could change. We've already see how usefull are Rhino/Bull/tiger/crow in PVP.

Don't forget we only played 2 months in offi servs, we still have a lot to experiment to optimize base/gameplay/skill etc...

Concerning harvesting, each animal have strenght/ weakeness and i'm fine with the fact you cannot find/tame/breed every animal in every island and harvest everything with every animals. It is working fine with the biom system and it ismore interesting for players experence. Moreover, you can easily take a boat and go to another island to test what you have to test.

In my opinion, if official servers start to be as easy as some private ones (X25, X50 for example), people will just start to be bored of the game and stop playing on it to join hardcore ones. If the game seems to hard or time-consuming for you, why don't you switch for a private one?

 

The upcoming patch and wipe will already make the game less hardcore than it was, so please, don't ask to remove all remaining difficulties which make the game exciting.

As I see it, you are not asking for balancing, you ask to make the game easier.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

if you build a man a fire he will be warm for a day. but if you set a man on fire.....

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Spending hours baby sitting is tedious, not fun. i could understand spending up to an hour. but spending most of a night just isn't worth it. Funny thing is real baby animals have no problems surviving after birth with out human intervention. i think the time it take for the baby to grow up an become useful would be penalty enough. heck make it take a few days or even weeks. the only action required by the player should be to protect it from wildlife, not drastic climate changes.

it shouldn't from temperature changes. maybe get sick, maybe risk losing some bonus taming levels, but not die.

Edited by Skyroguen
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Sysca said:

Bears/ Horse are the meta yes, just because tier 3 is still not available for breeding.  Once it will be possible to breed other animals , i think the fighting meta with animals will/could change. We've already see how usefull are Rhino/Bull/tiger/crow in PVP.

Don't forget we only played 2 months in offi servs, we still have a lot to experiment to optimize base/gameplay/skill etc...

Concerning harvesting, each animal have strenght/ weakeness and i'm fine with the fact you cannot find/tame/breed every animal in every island and harvest everything with every animals. It is working fine with the biom system and it ismore interesting for players experence. Moreover, you can easily take a boat and go to another island to test what you have to test.

In my opinion, if official servers start to be as easy as some private ones (X25, X50 for example), people will just start to be bored of the game and stop playing on it to join hardcore ones. If the game seems to hard or time-consuming for you, why don't you switch for a private one?

 

The upcoming patch and wipe will already make the game less hardcore than it was, so please, don't ask to remove all remaining difficulties which make the game exciting.

As I see it, you are not asking for balancing, you ask to make the game easier.

Disagree with everything.  First, you say easier, but the thing is, nothing was the least bit difficult about raising that baby.  The difference is that the person who bases in the one biome, Temperate I suspect, can put food in the baby's inventory, and go to bed.  In Tundra, you have to stay up so you can turn fires on and off every 15 minutes, or the baby dies.  Polar, probably not a chance, right?  Or maybe just like Tundra, I don't know.  What about Tropical, or Equatorial?  Can they even raise the babies?  We don't have anything that truly cools, so how would you even cool the baby down?  Can you even raise babies in Equatorial?

Look, this was a mechanic that was thought to get people to trade, since some people would be able to raise some babies, and not others.  Doesn't actually work that well in PvP.

We are talking about a bear, with a fur coat, in Tundra.  You know...where bears actually live in real life...like Alaska, Canada, Russia, etc...

Doesn't matter about Tier 3.  If bears can't be left alone to mature in Tundra, Rhinos, Elephants, Lions and Tigers certainly aren't going to be.

Balance IS required in games.  I would prefer that the Carbine and Pistol be the meta fighting tool, not a bear, but so long as the Bear is the Meta animal for gathering fiber, which is the single most important resource, and the bear is also the Meta fighter, it is unbalancing if one area can breed them, and one area has much more difficulty, and one area can't even do it.   This has nothing to do with easy.  It's already easy.  This has to do with balance.  And some of us like to sleep.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Then, do it in a private server where you can raise a baby in 1 or 2 hours (especially if you are alone playing). Or if you want to make it on official PVP server, set up a team for breeding as every tribe does , so you don't have to stay alone to take care of the bear for40 hours.

Or ask allies you have on temperate if they can give you a claim to breed or if it really unbalance for you, attack and take a temperate island with your tribe. There is so many possibilities. I guess it is pretty afk to breed crow in desert (crow is meta too) and you cannot breed it easily in tundra or temperate (campfire on and off, you know this). It is not unbalance, it is the biomas system.

 

Do you want to breed as easily an animal in Tundra as it is in Temperate? That is asking about making the game easier for you.

It is exaclty same thing that asking to have same amount/type of ressource on every island to "balance" the game.

For both, I hope it will never happen on official PvP servers,. I prefer to fight to have what I want and i assume i'm not the only one who play on official PvP serv for it.

 

I think we will never agree on this aspect of the game which I call "difficulties" when you call it "balance". 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Bandit_Black said:

I have an idea. Don't breed, sounds like its too hard for you.

Want to know the funny thing?

This server is +20 and easy taming and super high gather rates , this is also a player that complained about PVP , kind of says it all

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

I would be very cool with them removing breeding altogether, in ark it had a stat inheritance where your chances of taming a perfect breeder was (1/6)^120

Or 1 in 2.38 x 10^98th 

So you find 2.38 x 10^98th lvl 120 rexes and youd have a 1/1 chance of getting a perfect rex

That's 238000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000. Level 120 rexes. 

I think winning the lottery is easier, and you could do this 6 FREAKING TIMES to have like lvl 964 rex babies!

At least take stat inheritance out so that it can be balanced and tames dont rule everything one day.  

Edited by Mike L

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
On 3/10/2019 at 5:24 PM, slightlymad79 said:

Want to know the funny thing?

This server is +20 and easy taming and super high gather rates , this is also a player that complained about PVP , kind of says it all

 

You obviously don't know much.  I play games for PvP.  Too many people who suck at PvP, hiding from real PvP by playing a game that allows them to avoid PvP and instead, PvO.

High gather rates don't make the game easier.  It does remove the mundane grinding, but what it does instead, is make for MORE PvP, which is why many servers do it.  Instead of everyone smashing rocks and trees, they quickly build up, and go raiding.  A Company that gets wiped, can literally rebuild in a day or two, and go back and raid those who raided them.  If anything, the unofficial servers are harder when it comes to PvP. 


Once again, for the reading impaired, raising a baby bear in Tundra is not hard.  Nothing about it is hard.  Hitting a rock with a pick is not hard.  Hitting a tree with an axe is not hard.  No, people on unofficial servers aren't bored.  You fight nearly every day.  It amazes me how some people just don't seem to understand these things.

Edited by Captain Jack Shadow

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/11/2019 at 4:59 PM, Mike L said:

I would be very cool with them removing breeding altogether,

...snip...

At least take stat inheritance out so that it can be balanced and tames dont rule everything one day.  

I would be fine with them removing the ability to tame most animals.

Horses
Dogs not wolves
Sheep
Cow
Parrots
Pigs
Elephants
should be tameable.  Dogs should alert to enemy presence.  Let NPC crew help with gathering.  Make it such that you put them on follow, and so long as you are gathering, they do the same.  You quit, and they finish the tree/rock they are hitting, and then stop.  When they get within range of a resource box, they automatically unload.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/10/2019 at 3:32 PM, Bandit_Black said:

I have an idea. Don't breed, sounds like its too hard for you.

You would believe this because your reading comprehension isn't beyond primary school level.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×