Sign in to follow this  
Archsenex

Shipyards giving better ships makes no sense on pve

bps are supposed to be limited, and not let you make an infinite number of things.  That's a foundation of the system.

This approach will be very bad on pve.  I anticipate you guys having to do a massive adjustment when You realize that because shipyards last forever, one person getting an upgraded BP could mean hundreds of upgraded ships spawned from it.

Please... make skeleton bps with charges.  Dont set yourselves up to HAVE to wipe to fix this.

Edited by Archsenex

And why would that be so bad ? The only extra thing you get are extra levels ? What would be so bad about it in pve ?

3 minutes ago, Abysian said:

And why would that be so bad ? The only extra thing you get are extra levels ? What would be so bad about it in pve ?

Because they have to quickly scale for a new baseline.  If your average ship in the world has an extra 40 levels, that means all challenges will eventually scale up.

Its incongruous with the rest of their design.  If they want to do this, why dont upgraded smithies produce better guns?

1 minute ago, Archsenex said:

Because they have to quickly scale for a new baseline.  If your average ship in the world has an extra 40 levels, that means all challenges will eventually scale up.

Isn't that with all mmo's ? You get some extra levels, you can get a bot stronger from it. But we will already have packs of sotd, that already will be harder ( the galleon looks like it can deliver a punch ). It's about progression, moving forward, and growing.

3 minutes ago, Archsenex said:

Its incongruous with the rest of their design.  If they want to do this, why dont upgraded smithies produce better guns?

Because there are already bp's for guns. They just choose to make use of the shipyard bp's to let them make ships have higher levels. I really like it.

1 hour ago, Archsenex said:

If they want to do this, why dont upgraded smithies produce better guns?

That's a good idea, I hope they implement it.  Will the better smithy with a blueprint stack for better stats?

I like the idea of ships being able to have higher levels.

12 minutes ago, Draalei said:

I like the idea of ships being able to have higher levels.

I'm all for it too, it just should be a skeleton blueprint you build in a shipyard same as every other BP for crafted gear.