Iaxa DeVaux

No landlords!

6 minutes ago, MajorAvatar said:

I will be your landlord, bow down low and pay your rent on time and we will be peachy 😛

LOL, exactly why I will never have a landlord in this game 🙂

Thankfully I play on a private server that will find a workaround to this crazy feature. I'll never have to be a landlord or have one. Neither of those options is appealing to me.

The proposed claim changes work for PVP. If you claim an island, you have to pay for it. Either by yourself or with your company or, and this was the point, open it up for others to build on to help pay the resource cost. In PVP, that works because you ALSO have to defend the island. The landlord and tenets therefore must work together. 

That is missing from PVE. There is nothing in the PVE system to discourage crappy landlords. And more importantly, there’s literally no way to get a claim once they’ve all been claimed in PVE. Sure some claim owners might not make the upkeep and lose the claim that way... but seriously, nobody seems to think that’s ever actually going to happen. Most likely the upkeep will be set low enough that companies owning claims won’t even feel the need to allow others to build on their islands. And they don’t need people for defense in PVE.

Unfortunately this is the direction that the DEVs decided on. The old claim system was broken. They aren’t fixing it. And they certainly aren’t going to run 2 different systems for PVP and PVE. They haven’t managed to get one system to work yet.

Honestly as much as I didn’t like universal Lawless for PVE (as I remained optimistic that I’d eventually get my own claim) it’s a better solution than trying to put the PVP specific solution in PVE.