Iaxa DeVaux

No landlords!

2 minutes ago, Iaxa DeVaux said:

No landlords!

We don't want landlords.

Short and to the point. We don't want landlords.

This ^

With the current system the landlord of an island can simply just destroy your stuff <if I am reading this right>. I liked it better when they were going to have NO claim flags.
I can honestly say I am waiting for Blackwood and will be making my own server rather than have all my hard work simply destroyed because someone wants what I have or thinks the section of beach I made a base on would be perfect for their cabana.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Madtic said:

With the current system the landlord of an island can simply just destroy your stuff <if I am reading this right>. I liked it better when they were going to have NO claim flags.
I can honestly say I am waiting for Blackwood and will be making my own server rather than have all my hard work simply destroyed because someone wants what I have or thinks the section of beach I made a base on would be perfect for their cabana.

What is Blackwood? I did a quick search, found Blackwood Crossing, but I assume that is not what you are talking about.

Well you have four options:

1. Claim your own island first.

2. Acknowledge that everyone everywhere in the world has a landlord or some other entity that owns the land they live on and begrudgingly accept it.

3. Propose a working solution to the issue of land ownership that doesn't involve living on anyone else's land, but still allows players/companies to build empires since that is an advertised game feature.

4. Decide that maybe the game isn't right for you and find a different one.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

28 minutes ago, Kidori said:

2. Acknowledge that everyone everywhere in the world has a landlord or some other entity that owns the land they live on and begrudgingly accept it.

3. Propose a working solution to the issue of land ownership that doesn't involve living on anyone else's land, but still allows players/companies to build empires since that is an advertised game feature.

3. They had a claim system that worked for pve if they limit the claims to 1 per player and  x  per company. Tweaked the bubble to something that did not overlap and also could use the sea if it was to shallow.

Do not want to be a slave pve our pvp. This system they use now on pve is still lawless everywhere but with a landlord and the rest is a slave for the landlord without any rights with the risk to loss all.

They do listen to players but do not understand what they want. 

24 minutes ago, Kidori said:

Your options are false. Having a landlord or not having one, has nothing to do with the ability to build.

Here's an option. A claim flag. One that cannot be dropped within the range of another that could result in overlapping unless you own both. That claim is yours alone to build on. No one can build on a PVE server in any area they have not dropped a claim flag. A company of 10 or more active player can drop a larger (company Flag), doing so costs one flag from each member. You have a limited number of claim flags. A small twist on something I saw in a game.

Here's an option. A fixed grid of squares over each grid. The first to drop something on each grid owns it. Up to a limit of grids.

….. As long as you do something like pay upkeep or supply your repair unit.

2 hours ago, Kidori said:

Yeah because the first come first server idea worked great last time for the game. This new system is worse than the old one because even fewer people will get to own land because of the number of the island in game, which is funny because they said why they were making the change on PVE was to ensure more people got land to build on. If anyone says you can rent, so could you in the old system.  Yet lawless regions continue to have a higher population than other grids because people wanted claims and didn't want to rent land from other people. Why because there is no protection when you rent land. Moving on to your second point first it a game nothing in it works like the real world and second landlord can't do whatever they want in the real world. They have to follow regulations and rules or be punished, so if they actually create a system of protection for renters maybe people wouldn't mind renting land.

The current system gives the renter no protection. Many people have given different solutions including using the old system and putting a limit on claim flags per person. Others wanted to limit the number of foundations/pillars a person could place or the number of upkeep boxes a person can utilize, all of these ideas had merit and would have given more people access to land ownership. In the end, I think the lawless idea was better than this system even if there would be problems with foundation spamming.  Of course, this is my opinion and for those of you who like this new system that is great. I just feel the new system has the same flaws as the old system and it won't make the game any more appealing, which is sad because I think the game could be great. In the end, I think the official server will continue to keep a rather small population and not grow under these changes. Thankfully I can still enjoy the game on my friendly unofficial server. 

• Like 1

This is a fantasy priate game not rhe real world, so why does #2 even apply

The solutions has already been proposed, small flag limit per player and reasonable flag limit for company.    You want an grid to yourself?   Then get recruiting and get lots of people in your company claiming up to the company limit.

PVE cannot be a conquest game because there is no fighting in PVE.  Even the attempts at fighting are labeled as griefing with risk you get banned and the exploits you used are patched out.  That is an advertised feature that only works in PVP.

I want landlords!
Seriously, that will be fun. If you don't like your landlord you have a lot of possible solutions.

1. Fight the landlord with all the other people on the island

2. Fight the landlord alone

3. Go to another island

4. Join the landlord

5. Give another alliance a war token as a gift, they might help you :D

Kappinski how do we fight the landlord on PVE? Sure that work on PVP but I think most of us were talking about PVE where you can't attack the landlord. All you can do is hope they stop playing and thus their upkeep cost run out. I haven't seen any note suggesting there are any other means to take over an island or get ride of a landlord. 

• Like 2

I think they should have divided each island up into predefined territories. Theses would have definite borders with the near by territories, i.e. no overlap. place a flag in a territory and it is yours to build as you wish within this territory. options to allow others to build as well. each play gets one flag. Shoreline territories would need to include the water nearby to allow for the building of shipyards and docks.

to help prevent one person claiming entire islands make the flag a constructed item that requires materials, maybe some of them are rare or require multiple types. have this flag decay like buildings and requires resources to maintain.

continue to have a claim time requirement but increase this time based on how many flag are already placed. limit the number of flags to the number of people in the company. A single player is a company of one.

Limit taxation to 10% and make the building of a bank very expensive.

Have a skill tree that would have other territory benefits such as allowing for higher taxation. increased territory allowance and reduced upkeep costs.

require a territory to be visited periodically, say once a week. If the territory is not visited recently then upkeep cost will increase exponentially with each day missed. This will prevent abandoned territory from taking up space forever and eventually allow those territories to be claimed by others.

Good landlord or bad landlord, I don't want one...period. I am not looking for "renters protections" either. I just want a piece of land for myself.

For me, PVE is about doing my own thing without any other player having any power whatsoever over how I decide to play the game. 

• Like 6

i agree. I don't want a land lord either. I don't mind helping someone out and letting them build a bit on my land, but I want to own my own piece of land. I m not looking to own an entire island. just a small piece with a little room to grow. the old flag system was fine. I had about 3 flags worth of land and 3 seas claims to secure the coast. They just need ti limit the number of flags. 1 to 2 per person max would be fine. it takes about 20ish to 50ish flags to own a whole island depending on size. average 4 islands per grid soon to be 5. 225 grid minus homeports, golden age, lawless, and polar. leaves about 114 grids on the current world map. at 5 island per grid this leaves about 570 islands. with about 20 to 50 flags per island is about 11400 to 28500 flags. this is not a bad option. of course they want a population of about 40000 players.

As a solo player I could easily live with a single flag plot. the problem is going to be coastline. which is more limited.

Edited by Skyroguen

13 hours ago, Iaxa DeVaux said:

No landlords!

We don't want landlords.

Pay your rent on time and you won't have a problem 😆

3 hours ago, Greyleaf said:

Good landlord or bad landlord, I don't want one...period. I am not looking for "renters protections" either. I just want a piece of land for myself.

For me, PVE is about doing my own thing without any other player having any power whatsoever over how I decide to play the game. 

Here here -- no landlords -- all like lawless - stipulated number of claims (by laying foundation) per island and buildings decay after set period. One or maybe two claims per player/corp per island. Players shops in freeports on pve - also global freeport escrow system, enter your goods into the escrow at an escrow house - player accepts contract goes to pick up goods. All done -- gameplay has everything you need. Only thing that may or should be rentable from a claim owner is docking space or a 'hotel'/'shop' or bank vault space. anchored ships if you have paid to dock have no decay. 

Edited by hands solo

3 hours ago, Greyleaf said:

If you want a piece of land for yourself why don´t u claim an island? Lol 😄 Try to play other MMOs with this "i want to play myself" approach. You will be really disapointed of how bad you end up. How can u play MMOs with this single player game approach? 

Edited by Willard

2 hours ago, Willard said:

If you want a piece of land for yourself why don´t u claim an island? Lol 😄 Try to play other MMOs with this "i want to play myself" approach. You will be really disapointed of how bad you end up. How can u play MMOs with this single player game approach? 

It's no about solo, it's about having some random dictating what happens with your items or what you build.  

This solution is no different to what we had, gerifers or greedy people taking over a whole island and not allowing anyone to build on it and if they do, they just help themselvs to whatever they want of your stuff.

To the Oveall topic, If they are set on this, then set up an voting system so we can pick who we wish to be a landlord, so on the atlas map it will say who wants to be the landlord of whatever grid and the company have write a proposal why they should be the land lord. Meaning people can build as normal, but a company can suggest becoming a landlord of said island, they write proposal, if people are happy the islands gains a buff, maybe more resources gathered , more skills in crafting and building become unlocked for everyone one the island, etc. Moving it too more a of a community thing, than random due controlling a island just because he logged in first.

12 hours ago, Kappinski said:

I want landlords!
Seriously, that will be fun. If you don't like your landlord you have a lot of possible solutions.

1. Fight the landlord with all the other people on the island

2. Fight the landlord alone

3. Go to another island

4. Join the landlord

5. Give another alliance a war token as a gift, they might help you 😄

Ummmm .... no. The moment you fight against the landlord, he/she removes all of your buildings. Game over.

59 minutes ago, Hattrix said:

Ummmm .... no. The moment you fight against the landlord, he/she removes all of your buildings. Game over.

Only up to a point in time, currently that is set to 12 hours (tentative) but they have already indicated increasing that (I would imagine somewhere around the 72 hour mark). After that point nobody could demo it.

1 hour ago, Gindorf said:

Only up to a point in time, currently that is set to 12 hours (tentative) but they have already indicated increasing that (I would imagine somewhere around the 72 hour mark). After that point nobody could demo it.

That's certainly better, but .... still ... no one wants a landlord!!

8 minutes ago, Hattrix said:

That's certainly better, but .... still ... no one wants a landlord Presidente!!

But I will make a great El Presidente!

But in all seriousness, while ideally Id like to have a couple of flags (maybe 1 per server max of 3 or something) at this rate, that probably isnt going to happen. (Which is why you should vote for me for El Presidente!)

10 hours ago, Greyleaf said:

PVE is about doing my own thing without any other player having any power whatsoever over how I decide to play the game

Said right there 🙂

Is this game intended for lots of people that wanna have fun and do what they want, or a few that wanna own everything

Sounds like this game is not for you if you wanna own every island just because you can

Be happy with a spot to build and call yours

On 3/8/2019 at 9:30 PM, Iaxa DeVaux said:

No landlords!

We don't want landlords.

I will be your landlord, bow down low and pay your rent on time and we will be peachy 😛