Bolognapwny

You can't get it right, so here I'll fix it.

Just get rid of the alliance system... your game literally can't handle alliance scaled pvp.... Nobody has 100 friends that play the game... you aren't going to deter anyone from playing the damn game if you limit Company membership and dismantle alliances... I mean seriously do you think all those people are truly that tight-knit?  They aren't... they will enjoy the game on a smaller scale hands down, and see there is no fun in a zerg mentality.

Imagine a game where every grid has its own politics...it would be the best thing ever for this type of game.

I appreciate you guys trying to take a lot of concepts from Eve... but you need to understand you are a different type of beast... so copy paste isn't going to work.  (talking about that dumb neutral shit I read)

TDLR:  get rid of alliances, reduce company cap even further.  

• Like 2

This is an MMO, not a solo campaign game.

Edited by Abysian

1 minute ago, Enki Anunnaki said:

yeah whats your point

That we need alliances, we need big company's. You're trying to make it a solo player game. Just rent a server and you have your solo gameplay.

Just now, Abysian said:

That we need alliances, we need big company's. You're trying to make it a solo player game. Just rent a server and you have your solo gameplay.

How is not having alliances a solo game? You still got companies. Just to point out i'm neither for or against alliances, just pointing out your flawed use of a "solo" argument.

the max number of people in a company is going to be 250. A server can barely even handle  250 people, it wont handle two groups of 250 battling it out... let alone 4 groups of 250 that is the proposed alliance cap. alliances are really meaningless. make a group chat tab if thats the key. 

Just now, [GP] Guybrush Threepwood said:

How is not having alliances a solo game? You still got companies. Just to point out i'm neither for or against alliances, just pointing out your flawed use of a "solo" argument.

Removing the alliances, reducing the company size even more, it will tend to get a "solo" game then. Alliances open other ways to play the game together. Oke agree, we don't need company's that can have hundreds and hundreds of players. But it should be able to be a good amount of players. Big company's can open up good trade groups for smaller company's. 

1 minute ago, Enki Anunnaki said:

the max number of people in a company is going to be 250. A server can barely even handle  250 people, it wont handle two groups of 250 battling it out... let alone 4 groups of 250 that is the proposed alliance cap. alliances are really meaningless. make a group chat tab if thats the key. 

agree on that, the server need to be better then, but removing alliances it is not the solution. It's the game and servers that need to be taken care of. So they are able to handle it. But i do get your point.

3 minutes ago, Abysian said:

Removing the alliances, reducing the company size even more, it will tend to get a "solo" game then. Alliances open other ways to play the game together. Oke agree, we don't need company's that can have hundreds and hundreds of players. But it should be able to be a good amount of players. Big company's can open up good trade groups for smaller company's. 

agree on that, the server need to be better then, but removing alliances it is not the solution. It's the game and servers that need to be taken care of. So they are able to handle it. But i do get your point.

i personally believe companies should be limited to 60 if alliances are gonna be a thing. if you want huge war parties then you gotta boot inactive members for the active ones and the casuals can find another group. ya know what im sayin? thats what the server can handle anyways.

Edited by Enki Anunnaki

10 minutes ago, Enki Anunnaki said:

i personally believe companies should be limited to 60 if alliances are gonna be a thing. if you want huge war parties then you gotta boot inactive members for the active ones and the casuals can find another group. ya know what im sayin? thats what the server can handle anyways.

Yeah, it's too bad the servers can't handle more. I hope they will one day. It would be so cool to have a massive battle, without the lag you have now. It would be epic

1 minute ago, Abysian said:

Yeah, it's too bad the servers can't handle more. I hope they will one day. It would be so cool to have a massive battle, without the lag you have now. It would be epic

mee too man mee too

Unless they hide company names, limiting both alliances or companys will be pretty much useless. 

2 hours ago, Bolognapwny said:

Just get rid of the alliance system... your game literally can't handle alliance scaled pvp.... Nobody has 100 friends that play the game... you aren't going to deter anyone from playing the damn game if you limit Company membership and dismantle alliances... I mean seriously do you think all those people are truly that tight-knit?  They aren't... they will enjoy the game on a smaller scale hands down, and see there is no fun in a zerg mentality.

Imagine a game where every grid has its own politics...it would be the best thing ever for this type of game.

I appreciate you guys trying to take a lot of concepts from Eve... but you need to understand you are a different type of beast... so copy paste isn't going to work.  (talking about that dumb neutral shit I read)

TDLR:  get rid of alliances, reduce company cap even further.  

31 minutes ago, Enki Anunnaki said:

tenor.gif

+1

6 minutes ago, znasser said:

Unless they hide company names, limiting both alliances or companys will be pretty much useless. 

even then, you could just paint your armor and sails a matching color or emblem. lol

Edited by Enki Anunnaki

1 hour ago, Abysian said:

This is an MMO, not a solo campaign game.

I don't think this game should be made for solo players... I just think this isn't the game that should be about conquest... to me the soul of it is a pvp adventure game.... You should enjoy PVP and want to do it, but not to take territory... I just don't see any point in that... Destroying someones base and taking all their stuff is fun, but wiping them out for no reason other than to just do it like it has been the past 2 months... was point blank aids.... I still enjoyed some aspects... 

The arguments here seem to be under the assumption that if alliances are removed from the game people won't be allies.  The content of this game is determined by our decisions.  Whether the game has a feature to support that decision or not is irrelevant. 

Edited by DocHolliday

Just now, DocHolliday said:

The arguments here seem to be under the assumption that if alliances are removed from the game people won't be allies.  The content of this game is determined by our decisions.  Whether the game has a feature to support that decision or not is irrelevant. 

Its ofcourse not going to stop people "allying" just like an anti-cheat dont stop all cheaters... but i'd rather do what I can to minimize it... how is this not a simple concept?

Seems like a useless gesture to me.  People are still going to do it with or without feature support.  Why bother even talking about it at that point? 

Edited by DocHolliday

1 minute ago, DocHolliday said:

But there are things you won't be able to do, such as stepping on to an ally's ship and going on a voyage together. Unless you have a smart way to do that under the new no alliance rule?

I have never done that nor seen any of our alliance members do that.  I'm sure its been done, but its not really needed to have an alliance.  Minor detail. 

3 minutes ago, DocHolliday said:

Seems like a useless gesture to me.  People are still going to do it with or without feature support.  Why bother even talking about it at that point? 

lol maybe you can't think out how this would work... or maybe you think trolling is asking/making dumb comments.  But uh, sure I can explain how the game works.

So if you are allied to someone they get the same benefits as being in a company.. your npcs wont shoot at them, etc.  Take those away... it makes allying with some a lil more difficult....... do you see why that would be?  And why most people would probably steer clear of trying to do that?

I see why that would be.  Again its not going to stop anyone. 

Oh hey guys sorry we cannot help you because the game won't let us set you blue and your NPC's might shoot at us.  If thats stopping you thats just being lazy.  My allies are my allies.  Game rules and features will not stop that.  I will find a way to help. 

Most of our alliance assistance scenarios I hav experienced would be in no way impeded by removing alliances from the game.  It would make ZERO difference. 

Edited by DocHolliday

14 minutes ago, DocHolliday said:

I see why that would be.  Again its not going to stop anyone. 

Oh hey guys sorry we cannot help you because the game won't let us set you blue and your NPC's might shoot at us.  If thats stopping you thats just being lazy.  My allies are my allies.  Game rules and features will not stop that.  I will find a way to help. 

Most of our alliance assistance scenarios I hav experienced would be in no way impeded by removing alliances from the game.  It would make ZERO difference. 

hey well congratulations, you're in the minority of players who are organised enough to pull that off. 

Edited by Enki Anunnaki

Are people really that dumb?  Have to admit I am amazed at how simple this all is and its being made to sound super complicated. 

Edited by DocHolliday