Sign in to follow this  
Sturmberg World Bank

GRIEFING LANDLORDS AND ISOLATING SOLO PLAYERS IS NOT PVE!

Another step in the wrong direction. Forcing people to pay upkeep, to pay tax on every island, forcing pvers to living on the grace of big companys or griefing companys, which can destroy your sturctures at any time, if they want or enter your base, by just destroying your door and chest..  giving landlords the possibility to forcing you to do what they want or they can take all your stuff, allow them to destroy all your success overnight without any possibility for players on claimed land to defend them self or protect them self is just RAPE! PLS GRAPESHOT HIRE NEW PVE PLAYING STAFF, YOU GUYS KNOW NOTHING ABOUT PVE!

Edited by Egon von Sturmberg
  • Like 5

wtf are the devs doing now we have the same flag system as pvp , are they really trying to kill off the pve part , 

we dont want landlords in pve, we all know all tax rates will be 30% , landlords blocking all resources to force players off THEIR island , and nothing anyone can do about it , all becasue they got the island first ..

all the feedback u had from pve players not once did any of them say they wanted or liked the system u had for pvp ?

this will kill the game from a pve point of view 

Edited by UDO
  • Like 8

PVE players don't want to live on someone else's land, we don't care about settlements, owning whole islands, taxes, managing tenants, cleaning our island daily of 'bad' builds or trolls - the only people who find this interesting are those in large tribes or who intend to no-life the game and make absolutely sure they get their own settlement and keep everyone else off it or enjoy the power trip of having lowly slaves.

Casual, solo's, small tribes or even those in large tribes who just want to play together and ignore / coexist happily with everyone else won't prosper under these new rules. The more I think about these new rules, the more insane they get. This is NOT PVE.

• Like 13

"We received an extensive amount of feedback from the PvE community regarding our upcoming changes. The overwhelmingly clear message was a desire to retain some form of a claiming system."

The overwhelmingly clear message that I've been hearing is to keep the current claiming system in place while adding limits to them. I only wish someone was listening.

• Like 8

40 minutes ago, Greyleaf said:

"We received an extensive amount of feedback from the PvE community regarding our upcoming changes. The overwhelmingly clear message was a desire to retain some form of a claiming system."

The overwhelmingly clear message that I've been hearing is to keep the current claiming system in place while adding limits to them. I only wish someone was listening.

Well, that was the message from the forums.  Who knows what they've been saying in discord or in some of those private convos that supposedly some of the more privileged are having?

• Like 3

24 minutes ago, Winter Thorne said:

Well, that was the message from the forums.  Who knows what they've been saying in discord or in some of those private convos that supposedly some of the more privileged are having?

That's why I don't sit in Discord all day hoping that I'll catch one of them on. That's why I respond to posts in the forums....so the devs can see the conversations that are happening throughout the day, not just from the people who happen to be online when they are.

The big companies will want smaller companies to live on their island. If the smaller companies don't want to live on the island that is fine too they can try to get one of the smaller islands designed for solo/smaller tribes. We controlled most of F11 for most of the game and had quite a few tenants living on our land. We left their stuff up even though they were no longer living on the island (moved on/quit) The rule for living on our islands were simple. Don't build on resources and don't be toxic. I guess they could try to break your stuff to get your resources but any tribe that does that is stupid and weak. Also if they do that let me know and I will let others know what they are doing 😄

~Lotus

• Like 2

LOTUS while you might be a pleasant landlord there are just as many toxic landlords who taxes people, steal, or destroy their building on a whim. I don't see why they think this is the solution, they said why they were making these changes was to address the fact people weren't finding land to live on. I even heard people were coming back because they had a chance at claiming their own lands. I mean this new system is the old system, and it is why so many people were stuck living on lawless and I honestly think it has negatively impacted the PVE player base including driving more people away to unofficial servers or off the game altogether.  If they really want this game to be a renter game then they need to add in regulation and protection for renters. On PVE they need to add in the voting system or a trade war so people can take over the island because hopeing they run out of upkeep. Sadly this system is the opposite of what most people were asking for, they want protection from griefing and to stop flag spamming so more people could own land. I'm sure the even fewer who get an island will be quite happy but I think a bulk of the players will just drift away to unofficial or to new games. They will be running this huge chain of servers for a rather small population which makes it a waste of resources. Good luck to everyone on day one, race to the islands.

• Like 3

On 3/9/2019 at 5:03 AM, TheSeer said:

... there are just as many toxic landlords who taxes people, steal, or destroy their building on a whim.

Since people have the habit to communicate, such dicks will became "famous" quite fast via forums, Reddit etc. and noone will even think to settle there. So they will have to farm extensivelly to pay buildings and island upkeep. Or give up. Due to the brain capacity of such "special individuals" they are not going to be able to realise what went wrong and of course will blame the dev's. But who cares...

On 3/9/2019 at 5:03 AM, TheSeer said:

... what most people were asking for, they want protection from griefing and to stop flag spamming so more people could own land...

Sorry to disappoint you, but if you want someone to wipe you ass, you will have to pay the prise. This is how real world works. And it will be the same in the game. If you want to vegetate carelessly, someone have to deal with the dicks that exist in any game. With the mechanic that is going to be implemented, this is going to be the landlord. And unfortunately, your simple "Thank you" (if any) will not pay his island upkeep. That is why you will pay tax. Od course, you can become a landlord too and get your own island. Deal with idiots. Manage the area. Keep the resources unblocked. Plan carefully the building allowed areas. Improve your island to keep it attractive. Control the mad builders and so on. Oh, but this is too much time and responsibility, right? Well, welcome to the real world where you are entitled to nothing. Nothing personal. Just trying to explain you that being a landlord is much bigger responsibility than what you imagine. And via natural selection, in few months the bad ones will disappear. Or their punishment will be the constant farming to support their stupidity. Both are fine for me.

On 3/8/2019 at 9:54 AM, Greyleaf said:

Indeed. This is what players were hoping for and the majority even in discord stated that the 1 flag= whole island system for PvP would be worse than the current system. 

On 3/8/2019 at 9:54 AM, Greyleaf said:

They can't do that though.  The current claiming system is so broken that it's just not viable AT ALL!  You can't place limits on the amount of claims on a fluid concept like players or company sizes, it just will not work for anything but solo and very small companies made up of friends.

EXAMPLE: You limit the amount of flags to 1 per player, so the 250 man company claims a large portion of the island including the resource points.  When Joe Dirt decides to leave that company which flag does he get to keep?  Because obviously the company can't keep all 250 claims because they only have 249 members now, and what if Joe Dirt is only allowed to keep the flag he placed?  Well sucks to be him that flag was used to cap the gem nodes on the top of the mountain, I guess he's not allowed to have a shipyard.  Or what if his flag is the one that the base is built on?  Guess the other 249 members are forced to move out of the castle so Joe Dirt can have his 1 claim back.

EXAMPLE: You limit the amount of flags to the size of the company.  Say that the company has 250 members and they placed 25 flags back when the game started, but now 100 of those members have went in-active.  So the Company admin decides to purge them from the roster.  When he kicks the first 10 he now no longer has the requirements to uphold 25 flags, so does he have to go out and destroy 1 of those flags?  Or is one going to pop randomly and he has no say in the manner?  What if those 100 people decided to break off into another Company ... what 10 of the 25 flags do they get to keep?  What if the original company owner is a dick and decides to not release those 10 flags, is he punished for having 25 flags when his company is only 150 players now?

With the added islands I'm guessing there will be enough land for even solo players to get their own island.  Though you may have to look.  Hardly anyone plays anymore and there will be like a 1000 islands or something.  Might not be as bad as you think.  Doubt they will hardly have a 1000 regular people on the pve servers by then 

1 hour ago, CoopedUp said:

EXAMPLE: You limit the amount of flags to 1 per player...

EXAMPLE: You limit the amount of flags to the size of the company. ...

This is exactly why it WILL work, if a company cannot sustain their population then they deserve to lose their flags and free it up for other players.   

IRL this is called downsizing.    If you lose your big paycheck you move into a smaller apartment.

The system is not a failure because a shell corporation loses their holdings!  That is the entire point of having limits.   We already tried the shell corporation with their empty castles and empty islands preventing others from getting land, that is the very thing that got us into this mess.

Edited by krazmuze

52 minutes ago, MrHeid said:

With the added islands I'm guessing there will be enough land for even solo players to get their own island.  Though you may have to look.  Hardly anyone plays anymore and there will be like a 1000 islands or something.  Might not be as bad as you think.  Doubt they will hardly have a 1000 regular people on the pve servers by then 

The entire point of them wiping the server for a new system is because people stopped playing.   The new system should not be judge based on those who remained playing.   The entire point for Grapeshot is to get a system in place with tens of thousand people playing on the map.

1 hour ago, MrHeid said:

Around 500 if they don't use lawless.  Around 800 if they do.